WL Toys V222 Model Config for Devo 10

More
23 Feb 2016 08:43 - 23 Feb 2016 23:41 #43500 by Parkkert
WL Toys V222 Model Config for Devo 10 was created by Parkkert
Hello,

If anyone has a working config file for the WL toys V222 it would be most helpful.

I downloaded the one called "v222trim.zip and it works for flying except unable to change rates or turn lights off and on. The lights oddly blink off and on the whole time but should be steady and able to turn off or on.

Am using this with a Devo 10.

Also just a suggestion. Be nice to have all the available model config files in one place so interested persons could easily look for what they need. Search works but is time consuming and imperfect. When performing search, many times a user will post "here is my model config file" but no file is present. Possibly people link it for download and then later remove file from linked location or?

Thanks,

parkker
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 23:41 by Parkkert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2016 23:10 #49096 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic WL Toys V222 Model Config for Devo 10
Here is the V222 ini file i am using.

FMODE0/1/2 is the rates. Slowest to fastest.

Lights are turned on by default. You can turn them off with ELEV DR1. Turn them back on with ELEV DR0.

3D is activated with AILE DR1.

Video is on the upper left trim. Pushing it briefly up turns on video recording. Pushing it once more up turns video off and saves the recorded video. Pushing it briefly down takes a picture.

I hope it works for you too.
Attachments:

More
23 May 2016 23:46 #49097 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic WL Toys V222 Model Config for Devo 10

Parkkert wrote: ...Also just a suggestion. Be nice to have all the available model config files in one place so interested persons could easily look for what they need. Search works but is time consuming and imperfect. When performing search, many times a user will post "here is my model config file" but no file is present. Possibly people link it for download and then later remove file from linked location or? ...

The Index tab at the top of this page has a number of interesting links, including one to a "Model Configs" page where you can browse through .ini files that users have posted. Give it a try!

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
24 May 2016 00:38 #49098 by Parkkert
Replied by Parkkert on topic WL Toys V222 Model Config for Devo 10
Hey thanks works better then what i was using. I have installed module for V222 protocol (obviously), can't get any range out if it though. 50 feet maybe. I enabled power amp etc and still no luck. Don't know what it could be. I even have antennae for added module mounted outside of transmitter instead of buried within as some have done.

More
24 May 2016 05:36 - 24 May 2016 05:37 #49106 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic WL Toys V222 Model Config for Devo 10
I think the power output i have set in that ini file is 100mw with which i get a pretty good range, with the drones antenna inside the fuselage, not outside. Were you using lower power settings?

Have you tryed the range of other quads that require the NRF module? If others have the same range issue, then it could be something wrong with the module. If other modules work as they should, then there could be something wrong with the V222.

Also, i forgot to mention that in the model file HOLD is RUDD DR1. With RUDD DR0 it is ok to go.
Last edit: 24 May 2016 05:37 by Fer.

More
25 May 2016 01:31 - 25 May 2016 01:32 #49156 by Parkkert
100 mw default would be more than adequate normally. I even set it to 150 but no change. Haven't tried a different model as I'm pretty sure at this point either I have the module mis-configured or something else wrong with it.
Last edit: 25 May 2016 01:32 by Parkkert. Reason: typo fix

More
27 Jun 2016 05:11 #51107 by Parkkert
Tried different V222, same result, range is way less than the WL Toys RTF TX that came with the model. With it I can pretty much go so far that you lose orientation. Don't know what the deal is. Made sure PA for module is enabled and all as well. I am considering installing the module from the WL RTF TX instead. Is this even possible?

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds