v931 for Devo 7e

More
08 Mar 2016 14:59 #44261 by Iroquois
v931 for Devo 7e was created by Iroquois
Lots of people claim that they have a WL Toys v931 (AS350) flying 'perfectly' with a Devo 7e. Would just one of them like to tell us how they did it (their 'model.ini' file would be useful). The CCPM mixing on the v931 is done in the receiver. Likewise, the selection of the three pitch ranges is done in the receiver in response to some switching arrangement in the transmitter. Could someone tell us just how this is accomplished?
For example, the hold switch on the 7e freezes both throttle and pitch. The standard transmitter only freezes the throttle and you still have full control of the pitch. Also, the 7e gives a very limited pitch range - nothing like the standard transmitter.
As for the KN protocol giving 11 channels, the v931 box clearly says 6 channels.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2016 15:35 #44271 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic v931 for Devo 7e
you could try this ini file. it's for a 7e with 2 extra 3way switches.

File Attachment:

File Name: model36.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2016 23:18 #44293 by Iroquois
Replied by Iroquois on topic v931 for Devo 7e
Thank you TomPeer.
I tried a v977 'model.ini' file which I found on the forum. This told me that channel 6 was Hold and channel 7 was Idle-Up. When I tried this the model revved its guts out but wouldn't lift because the pitch curve was wrong.
I tried your ini file and got the same result. I have the two 3 position switches too. I would like to see your list of what they all do. It just might answer my problem.!

More
09 Mar 2016 08:17 #44309 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic v931 for Devo 7e
Its been a while, but as i remember correcly;
Hold switch holds the motor.
Fmod switches between 3g and 6g mode.
SwA0,1,2 change rates 100%, 70%, 50%.
SwB 0,1,2; sorry i don't remember.

More
09 Mar 2016 08:32 #44312 by Iroquois
Thanks for that ayway. I did read somewhere that the pitch range can be changed with channel 9, but that doesn't seem to work in my case. I'm getting there slowly. Thanks again.

More
09 Mar 2016 16:03 #44331 by Iroquois
I've been playing with your switch set-up. Actually, it's B0, 1, 2 which sets the rate 50%, 70%, 100%. A1 is idle-up (Ihaven't explored A2 yet). The point from my point of view is FMOD1 , 2 which switches 3D/6G. This changes the pitch range and I had evidently been flying on 3D. Switching to 6G increases the pitch and the model is flyable. It actually hovers with the throttle at mid-stick, which is the way we older heli flyers like it.
Thanks yet again.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds