Walkera Rodeo 150 Quadcopter

More
29 Jun 2016 14:13 #51174 by Torch
Walkera Rodeo 150 Quadcopter was created by Torch
i am hoping for model build for the newly released Walkera Rodeo 150 Quadcopter for Devo 7e?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2016 01:33 - 16 Jul 2016 01:54 #51737 by N41
Replied by N41 on topic Walkera Rodeo 150 Quadcopter
Attached is a model for the Walkera 150, for the Devo 7e. Flight Mode 0 is angle mode and Flight mode 1 is Horizon mode. This model requires that throttle hold be in position 1 and the rudder stick moved full left to arm and throttle hold to be in position 1 and rudder full right to disarm. Throttle hold in position 0 minimum speed is idle up to throttle position.

If motor stop is selected in cleanflight this allows the motors to completely stop when the throttle hold is in position 1, if throttle hold is at 0 same as above minimum speed is idle up to throttle position. I found the quad handling poor if the motors were allowed to stop and restart during flight. Note that the quad should be disarmed by being in throttle hold 1 and moving the stick to the right before handling the craft as the walkera default failsafe is to run the motors at part throttle for a few seconds then stop.

If channel six (AUX 2) in cleanflight is set to arm then the throttle hold switch arms and disarms the quad without moving the rudder stick.

I purchased a bnf version so I can't compare this to the stock transmitter. The endpoints of the channels are set to approx 1100 to 1900 in cleanflight. With the exception of the throttle minimum set to the idle speed of 1150, with the throttle hold set lower to allow arming. The end travel of the sticks had no additional response when set to 1000 to 2000.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Jul 2016 01:54 by N41. Reason: added (AUX 2)

More
16 Jul 2016 02:53 #51740 by Torch
Replied by Torch on topic Walkera Rodeo 150 Quadcopter
Thanks so no rate mode? Or Angle mode is the third flight mode?

More
16 Jul 2016 05:01 #51741 by N41
Since the devo 7e doesn't have a three position switch I didn't select Acro. You could set up cleanflight for Horizon and Acro instead of Angle and Horizon.

Or you could ditch the throttle hold and use a combination of throttle hold and flight mode to select all three. Deviation allows physically adding three way switches also.

More
16 Jul 2016 23:41 #51773 by Torch
Replied by Torch on topic Walkera Rodeo 150 Quadcopter
Ok thanks.

More
17 Jul 2016 14:25 #51789 by kabo
Replied by kabo on topic Walkera Rodeo 150 Quadcopter
Great ini, what is the diff between angle and horizon mode. And what do I change to slow the prop just a bit when landing, I like them running, my first crashes were from mid air prop stops, but it wants to flip a bit when landing, not stable.

More
21 Jul 2016 22:28 - 21 Jul 2016 22:52 #51967 by N41
Angle mode has self leveling, it will go back to level when you let off of the sticks. Also, it will not go inverted. Horizon mode has as less reactive self leveling and will go inverted. Acro doesn't have self leveling, if you go inverted full throttle it will drive itself straight into the ground.

In cleanflight if you click "motor stop don't spin motors when armed" then the throttle hold switch at 1 will stop the motors. That's what I do, I land or a few inches from land and pull the throttle hold to 1. The motors stop, then I move the throttle stick full down and right to disarm while the throttle hold is still at 1.

To make the minimum throttle less you need to change the minimum throttle in cleanflight in the configuration tab to less then 1150. There is a motor test page where you can test the minimum speeds your motors will run, mine is 1100. In the Devo 7e, go to mixers, throttle and change the scale- value currently it is 90, changing it to a larger number makes the minimum throttle setting lower.

Make sure that you are taking off and landing from a level surface, the quad will try to level itself if you land on an incline.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2016 22:52 by N41.

More
03 Aug 2016 00:21 #52401 by Infamous2117
Replied by Infamous2117 on topic Walkera Rodeo 150 Quadcopter
So does the DEVO 10 not work out of the box with all flight modes etc if deviation is installed?

If it doesnt can somebody give provide me an ini for the DEVO 10 as i am going to purchase this quad soon.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds