Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$

More
31 Jul 2017 22:30 #63654 by RC/DC
Replied by RC/DC on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
@cjochetz. Did you remedy this 3D to 2D situation? I'm experiencing it too. Can you share if you did. Much appreciated!
BTW, Still haven't updated my DEVO 10(white version) to Deviation yet. My F210 3D is flying ok right now but I am having trouble in that the switch for flight mode is stuck in "acro mode" and I'm still a novice. I may have to submit to Deviation but I'm on a Mac. Any suggestions?
Can I just download your(and mwm's) files and open in text editor and enter them in my DEVO 10 by hand?
Thanks.
-Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2017 10:19 #63658 by mwm
On the mac, you can use the deviation USB uploader.

And there's no need to open the files. Boot the Tx in USB mode, and it'll show up as a USB disk. In the models folder on that disk you'll see a bunch of "model#.ini" files, where # corresponds to the model number on deviation. Copy the downloaded file over one of those, eject the disk (VERY important - the deviation firmware doesn't deal at all well with corrupt file systems), then restart the Tx.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Aug 2017 19:09 #63672 by RC/DC
@mwm- Getting this on my iMac when trying to open the USB Uploader on my iMac.
See attached screenshot. Running OS Sierra 10.12.5/Mid 2011 iMac-tons of memory.
Attachments:

More
02 Aug 2017 12:45 #63684 by mwm
Do you have the console output it refers to? I didn't see it in the attachments list.

More
04 Aug 2017 07:12 #63716 by RC/DC
Hi mwm. Well I was lucky enough to get a DELL PC from an IT friend of mine for FREE! It's all loaded with most recent Windows, etc.
I attached my DEVO to the PC and its can be read by the PC but the DfuSe program I downloaded fro the site does not recognize(read) any"dfu" files from the "deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0" download file.
Being a solely Mac guy, I find naviagting the PC a mess. That being said, can you help me with the whole DEVO 10/Deviation installation process. Again, can't figure out why the DfuSe program reads my DEVO 10 but no dfu files are seen. Also your pervious files you and cjochetz have shared are text files and one is titled, "F210.ini".
What do I do with these? can I just copy the text files by hand into my DEVO 10? Confused Newb. Should I back up the Devo 10's present stock OS? How do I do this on the PC?
Thanks for your patience and time.

More
04 Aug 2017 09:56 #63725 by mwm
I normally use Unix-like systems, including the Mac on occasion. I can't really help with Windows problems, other than to suggest obvious steps - mostly "make sure you've got the right driver installed". In this case, Particularly since there are nasty problems doing it on Windows that just don't happen on other systems - like needing to install drivers at all.

it sounds like you might have the wrong dfuse program. There's one from STM (the manufacturers of the microprocessors used in these transmitters) that won't work. You have to have the one from Walkera. It uses the same file format, but obfuscate the contents of the file, so the other one may not recognize them. Not sure, since this is pretty much a Windows problem. But this is another Windows-only problem, so I'm not sure what happens if you use the wrong one.

More
04 Aug 2017 22:12 #63733 by RC/DC
Ok. I'll give the Walkera STM a try. Thanks for your help.

More
05 Aug 2017 02:10 #63736 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
Just to be sure, use DFUse 2.31 on the Windows PC.. The later version (3.x) probably won't work.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
11 Aug 2017 19:08 - 11 Aug 2017 19:13 #63791 by RC/DC
Thanks. It reads my Devo 10 now but I downloaded the recent DEVO 10 install from Deviation("deviation-emu_devo10-v5.0.0") but the dfu file will not show up on DfuSe. WTF!
Please help.
Thanks again in advance.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2017 19:13 by RC/DC.

More
12 Aug 2017 00:15 #63792 by Deal57
That's the emulator and it runs on your PC. You need to download the file called "deviation-devo10-v5.0.0.zip".

More
13 Aug 2017 00:33 #63798 by RC/DC
Thanks. Figured it out. BTW, did Deviation have an "Model.ini" for the F2103D already in the build? I don't see the model name in the Model file.
Thanks All for All!
I think I bricked my f210 3D in Cleanflight today. Not sure what to do now...(pissed-off face emoji)

More
13 Aug 2017 01:35 #63799 by Deal57
Glad you got your TX working... sorry to hear that CF is giving you trouble. By all reports, unless you physically short something out or otherwise mess up the hardware, it is virtually impossible to brick a CF board. I have a few F3 boards that seemed to be non-responsive and they always could be reflashed. I don't know if this applies to the Walkera board, but a quick google search ("F210 bricked") found a number of recovery options.

As far as an ini file: you can use nearly any of the Cleanflight or betaflight ini files available in this thread or here . They are basically all the same for the first six channels, presuming you've got the arm switch on the right channel (either 5 or 6), and the flight modes on the other. You can build it yourself, too, just use the "Multi" template, four basic AETR channels (deal with rates and expo later, if necessary). Then add the two channels 5 and 6 as min-mix curves, for arming and flight mode to match your CF/BF configuration.

More
13 Aug 2017 21:46 #63803 by RC/DC
Thanks Deal57. Obviously a newb here when it comes to RC programming so a lot of your instructions came across like a Trump tweet to me...
I decided to connect my f210 3D to Cleanflight but had to Flash/reboot my quad because Cleanflight would not read my quad. Cleanflight and Betaflight now connects to my f210 3d. Not sure what to do next. CF and BF scare me. Do you have any links to Cleanflight/Betaflight set-ups tutorials for news that are novice flyers-no 3-D flying yet.
Should I just install the F210 Firmware that is presently posted on the Walkera website.
How do I do this? Do I do it through BetaFlight or Cleanflight or directly through my laptop(dedicated PC for RCing only).
Do I need that USB dongle they(Walkera install instructions) tell us to use when upgrading. I'm assuming I don't since I was able to connect the F210 to my PC for reBoot using the USB cord supplied in the box that the F210 3D came in.
Walkera Firmware link: www.walkera.com/index.php/Download/info/id/34.html

I have Deviation on my Devo 10 now but it's not binding with my f210 3d. Also no models are showing on the "Load Model" screen but they do show on the dedicated Drive on my PC. Any explanation for this?

Thanks again for your time and help!
-D

More
17 Aug 2017 01:14 #63832 by Deal57
Sorry took so long to get back to you... you have a lot of questions!

Nothing in my experience with RC is very straightforward... that's what attracted me. Take the pieces one by one... Fly what you bought until you're ready to move to another environment. The manufacturer will be able to support you if you need it. I try to remember that if it ain't broke, I shouldn't be fixing it :dry:. RCGroups has an active community and the Walkera products are pretty popular, so you may find some hints there. And of course, the user guide (left menu on this website) is good reading.

If you're seeing model files on the Devo from your PC, check to be sure they're named Model1.ini, Model2.ini, Model3.ini, etc. up to Model30.ini. If you're not seeing them on the Devo, let us know if you're seeing anything when you go into the Model Setup Load menu item.

More
18 Aug 2017 02:01 #63854 by RC/DC
I did a complete re-Formatting of my Devo 10. So now only Model1 is the only one showing up. This model does not bind to my F210-3D.
Backtracking, I just UNinstalled Cleanflight/Betaflight for my f120 3d and reformatted (via CL) with the "f210(3d)V0.05_usb" HEX file . It says it "Flashed Firmware Successfully" which I think it did since I can no longer bind my F210-3D to Cleanflight/Betaflight.
1) How do I make sure it did revert the Firmware back to Walkera's?
2) When in Deviation/Model1 loaded, F210-3D now does not bind at all to my DEVO 10. Loud beeps from F210-3D, that's it.
Help.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds