car model template

More
19 Jan 2016 10:44 #41941 by Eriksson
car model template was created by Eriksson
Hi, ive search The forums but cant find a answer, i would like to have a car model template, a solid option to use this controller with a rc car.I love deviation for my helis but would ve even better to race my car with The same controller.Is it possible to have The same basis functions as with a dedicated car controller? with reverse and brake and so on.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2016 17:43 #41954 by Epyon
Replied by Epyon on topic car model template
Here's the current .ini for my E-MAXX. The brake/reverse mixer will probably need tweaked for your machine. There's also a ton of extra stuff for my camera and such that could be stripped out.
Attachments:

More
19 Jan 2016 17:58 #41956 by Eriksson
Replied by Eriksson on topic car model template
Great will have a look, thanks alot.

More
25 Jan 2016 14:58 #42202 by Eriksson
Ive had some time now to look trough your config and it does not work on my devo 7e with fw4.0, when i load it forces my controller to reboot.
Anyways maybe you could give me some help how i would go about making my own config with just a simple throttle/reverse channel on my left stick and a servo/steering on my ail channel right stick.
i have throttle channel with simple 1 to 1 in the mixer, and the same with my ail channel to use for steering servo.Iam not sure what settings to use in the mixer ?

More
26 Jan 2016 07:36 #42229 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic car model template
Not a car guy, but it should be similar to my yachts modulo them not having a reverse. Which IIUC will vary depending on the ESC and its settings.

Sound like you've go out the mixer set right already. What's it doing wrong, or what would you like to change?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
26 Jan 2016 17:29 #42247 by Epyon
Replied by Epyon on topic car model template
I just used a 13-point mixer for throttle, giving it a quick -25 spike then back to 0 for the brake, and then a gradual curve to -50 for reverse. It works pretty well, but took a lot of trial and error to get right for my application.
Here's that section of my model.ini.
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch1
curvetype=13point
points=-50,-35,-20,-10,0,-25,0,15,25,35,45,55,100
smooth=1
These values will probably need tweaked for your ESC. I'm using a Traxxas EVX-2.

More
27 Jan 2016 00:04 #42262 by Eriksson
Thanks guys, i was thinking that the mixer/channel settings was the problem but finally today i noticed that the ppm channel mapping on my 433mhz system was all wrong, got it sorted now.

More
27 Jan 2016 04:05 #42265 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic car model template
The problem I found with a non-sprung throttle stick (ie. no return-to-middle) is that in the heat of driving it's very hard to get the stick back to a "0" point. I had quite a deadband defined in mine for my Tamiya Frog, but still couldn't reliably get it to do what I wanted. Maybe Epyon's "spike" could help...

More
27 Jan 2016 07:30 #42271 by Eriksson
I actually removed The screw holding back the throttle stick on my devo 7e so throttle stick now springs back to Middle when release,

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds