650 quad, naza lite, devo 10

More
28 Jun 2016 15:26 #51144 by aritchie71
650 quad, naza lite, devo 10 was created by aritchie71
hi folks, does anyone have a template for a 650 quad running with naza lite and a devo 10?
I'm quite desperate to get this one in the air so there would be a huge feel good feeling to you if you can help me out lol!

Regards,

Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2016 20:48 #52597 by jesmail
Replied by jesmail on topic 650 quad, naza lite, devo 10
Do you still need help on this?

More
20 Aug 2016 16:32 #52938 by aritchie71
Replied by aritchie71 on topic 650 quad, naza lite, devo 10
Hi there jesmail, it would be great if you could help me out, i have it in the air but it's not set up properly so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Andy.

More
20 Aug 2016 16:45 #52940 by jesmail
Glad to help, are you using PPM or standard outputs from your receiver?

The difference is what channel the flight mode is on.

More
23 Aug 2016 14:30 #53037 by aritchie71
Hey pal, thanks for the help! I'm really quite new to this stuff, I still fly my planes with 35mghz gear lol!
Not really sure, I am just plugging the leads straight into the Rx channels! They could all be in the wrong plugs though so I don't have much confidence in them being in the right order!
I am intending on having the mode switch on the three way on top at the right hand side with the rth on one of the dual rates switches and retracts obviously being on the gear switch with the 3 axis gimbal being on the two knobs. I feel really stupid about having to keep asking for help with this sort of stuff but I just don't seem to be able to get my head round it, maybe I'm too old or too thick hahahaha!!

Regards,

Andy.

More
24 Aug 2016 00:55 - 24 Aug 2016 01:05 #53057 by jesmail
We are both around the same vintage <grin>
I used to fly galloping ghost planes!!

I have a file that I can modify to do what you would are requesting. To work we need to be on the same page.
Since you are using standard channel wiring ( one per channel) make sure the first five channels are wired as follows.
Ch 1 to A
Ch 2 to E
Ch 3 to T
Ch 4 to R
Ch 5 to U
If you want the IOC function, I have them on the mix 3 way and they use channel 6 connected to X2.
Now depending on how many channels you have which one do you want to use for gear?
It help to know which transmitter you are using. I mainly create files for Devo 8 and 10.
I normally use FMOD 3 way for the mode switch, then would use Aile D/R for RTH.
Then can use Gear for retracts. I have not used retracts so need to know, does a high (2000usec0 signal make them go to landing position or flying.
I would figure the gear 0 would be for landing and 1 would be for flying.

Jim...
Last edit: 24 Aug 2016 01:05 by jesmail.

More
24 Aug 2016 10:36 #53072 by aritchie71
Hey Jim, thanks for all that information, it's good to know that I am not the only oldie in here lol! I remember my Precedent Hi-Boy with a smile on my face, that was the first model I built! It lasted quite a few years, with plenty repairs, until another flyer crashed his speed racer thing into it while trying to perfect a knife-edge!!
Anyway, back to the quad lol!
I'm using my Devo 10 radio with the rx1002, I would be using the gear switch for the gear but I don't know what setting it would need to make it work properly but I can always play around with the settings if I know which bit to change!
I really do appreciate your help with this pal!

Regards,

Andy.

More
24 Aug 2016 11:19 #53073 by jesmail
Ok , Ch's 1-6 as above and Ch 7 is for your gear. It is easy to change the gear if needed

You can rename the file if needed , if you already have a model19.

Jim...
Attachments:

More
24 Aug 2016 12:21 #53074 by aritchie71
Hey pal,
Thanks so much for your help! All I need to do now is get that onto the TX lol!
Regards, as ever,

Andy

More
28 Aug 2016 11:16 #53187 by aritchie71
Hey pal! I finally got time to get this onto my Tx and I noticed that the file is for a 350, does that make any difference? I have a couple of really stupid questions, as usual lol!
1. When I am plugging everything into the Rx do I just count the channels across from the left? Is the "gear" channel number 5 and the new "gear" channel now the "Aux 2"?
2. How do I get the motors to start? I have tried both sticks down to the left, right, centred and out and nothing has worked lol!
Sorry to be a pest lol!

Regards,

Andy.

More
28 Aug 2016 21:02 - 28 Aug 2016 21:32 #53220 by jesmail
The name can be changed and makes no difference.

Per my post 53057, the channels for a normal receiver should map per that message for example.

Ch1 is normally "ailerons" and connects to A on the Naza controller.
normally Ch 5 is gear but it needs to connect to U on the Naza, this is for mode control and is on Fmod switch.

I was trying to make it easy by going 1 to 1 on the channel to Naza connections.

Ch 6 is the IOC control and Ch 7 is your gear channel which is tied to the Gear switch.

This is what is nice about this transmitter and the software, anything (switch/stick/variable) can be tied to any channel.

If I left the ch 5 as gear and tied it to the gear switch, then you would have had to plugged it into the X2 input. Then would have had a different channel plugged into U input.
To me it is cleaner just to do a straight one to one from the receiver to Naza , instead of crossing all the cables.
If you check around on this site, most do the one to one and fix it up in the transmitter.

Make Sense?

If it does not arm then your channels are not correct or need to reverse direction. Check the Naza connected to the PC software and see if the sticks move the correct function and correct direction. Safety feature of the Nazaa.

Jim...
Last edit: 28 Aug 2016 21:32 by jesmail.

More
28 Aug 2016 23:06 #53222 by aritchie71
Hey pal, thanks again for your help! I'll get that all checked up when I get the chance! I'd love to see it in the air this week so that I can get out and play lol!

Regards as ever,

Andy.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds