DSM2 telemetry

More
10 Dec 2012 11:35 #3847 by FDR
DSM2 telemetry was created by FDR
Do you plan to implement telemetry for the DSM2 protocol?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2012 11:43 #3848 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic DSM2 telemetry
sure, but I have no info about it, or any way to test it...

More
More
10 Dec 2012 15:14 #3853 by PhracturedBlue
I've seen that before. As I understand it, that is the telemetry data from the sensor, and does not deal with the protocol used to send it to the Tx which is the part I am interested in.

More
18 Dec 2012 07:37 - 18 Dec 2012 11:15 #4076 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic DSM2 telemetry
FDR,
it's info about telemetry from RW9UAO and russian forum.

"What's about the telemetry .....
Binding procedure: telemetry module is a receiver. The transmitter at time of bindings selects a free channel, and transmit its manufacturerID (from the chip CYRF), the maximum number of transmitted channels and their type (dsm2/X, 10/11 bit, 11/22ms). Receiver (fast flashing) scanning the frequency range, receives the packet and responds to it (flashing slowly), indicating its capabilities. With that data transmitter will switch to support this (after sending 100 packets it consider binded and dim down the LED.) Telemetry unit also receives the bind packet and also remembers manufacturerID, as well as listening the answer of the receiver. In order to know in which mode to work. Once the transmitter get the answer of the receiver, it goes at normal mode (the display still says BIND, but with mode, such DSM2/22 msec). Tx selects a pair of channels and transmit packets. Receiver scans the air, looking for the pair of channels (if found - permanently lit LED).
Telemetry module also scans the air, finds a couple of channels and in the pauses begins send blocks of 16 bytes. Packets with 0, on the screen of the transmitter we can see that the line of telemetry is added.

0msec: Transmit channels 0-7 on channel 'a'
4msec: Transmit channels 0-7 on channel 'b'
> Here is transmitted telemetry packet
11msec: Transmit channels 8-14 on channel 'a'
15msec: Transmit channels 8-14 on channel 'b'
> And here is transmitted telemetry packet
22msec: Transmit channels 0-7 on channel 'a'
Note that the time between receiving the packet with channels and telemetry packet - 1ms.
In case dsmx telemetry package is sending in time of 7ms pause."

"There is a nuance with dsm2. If transmitted 7-channel, ie all fit into two packets instead of four, you still need to transmit the second telemetry packet per session, otherwise the transmitter will blink reporting a loss of communication. Telemetry packet content is quite simple, the first byte is a type, the other is content."

"TM1000 Telemetry Module
Channels packets are A and B. Telemetry packet transmitted after packet B.
Received packet A, 4ms pause, received packet B, 1.8ms pause, transmission of the first telemetry packet, pause 4ms, received packet A, pause 4 ms, received packet B, 1.8ms pause, transmission of the second telemetry packet."
Last edit: 18 Dec 2012 11:15 by vlad_vy.

More
18 Dec 2012 14:44 #4086 by PhracturedBlue
thanks, that plus the code RW9UAO posted is really useful. I'm going to go down to the hobby store today and see if I can pick up a TM1000/TM1100

More
18 Dec 2012 21:24 #4102 by PhracturedBlue
Well, they didn't have one, but Amazon prime will get it to me on Thursday, so I'll start work then.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds