DSM Telemetry support

More
30 Aug 2015 11:42 #37308 by Lyndros
Replied by Lyndros on topic DSM Telemetry support
Hi Thomas,

Yes the receiver binds without any problem 6,7,8 no problems...but the TM does nothing.

I also tried a Y cable on the bind port connecting the bind jumper and the TM.

I will try some meters aways is the only thing that is missing lets see....

BTW what is the B1 on and A1 on option ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2015 15:52 #37310 by Lyndros
Thanks I was able to bind it finally but deviation shows non sense values in the RPM field, also can not set a temp box with dsm2 telemetry...
I guess that the RPM is because you can not set the GEAR/PINION ratio so the RPM does not show the real value. Any idea on that?

and my last question any fix for setting the TEMP box ?

More
30 Aug 2015 21:15 - 31 Aug 2015 09:10 #37313 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic DSM Telemetry support
What is wrong with the temp?

There have been some DSM telemetry fixes in the nightly builds / Indigos test builds (not for RPM but for temp) like showing values when not connected.
My temp sensor has been proved and tested with my TM1000.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2015 09:10 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
31 Aug 2015 05:35 #37326 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic DSM Telemetry support
They do not change any basic sensors. So I don't think it change anything.

More
01 Sep 2015 21:05 #37362 by Lyndros
Hi Thomas,
With V04 stable you can con select the temp bigbox when setting the GUI layout so you can not display it in the main window.
In order to check the temp with dsm2 you have to go to the telemetry window... i think that someone already reported.

On the other hand I can not bind properly the TM when I have selected 7 channels dsm2 using BeastX plus with governor and rescue function... i do not know why but when setting 8 channels is binding properly but with 7 no way to bind it... or if bind showing stupid values and loosing connection. Anybody experience this problem?

Does the telemetry function use a dedicated channel for their purpose?

Cheers,and thank you

More
02 Sep 2015 05:50 - 02 Sep 2015 05:58 #37375 by vlad_vy
I think most (if not all) of flight controllers do not support byte of transmitter capabilities 0xB2 inside bind packet for <8ch DSMX mode, they can use byte 0xA2 only. But TM1000 for DSMX accept byte 0xB2 only. I can bind Spektrum 6ch DSMX Rx with TM1000.
Last edit: 02 Sep 2015 05:58 by vlad_vy.

More
03 Sep 2015 15:25 #37403 by Lyndros
I am using DSM2, and in my other model a GAUI X2 I bound the TM with 7ch/DSM2 and beastX plus the only difference is that in this one i do not have the rescue function enable (which uses channel 7). That´s why I was asking if the telemetry is using one channel in order to communicate.

More
03 Sep 2015 16:35 #37405 by vlad_vy
Telemetry transmitted between data packets and do not use any channel.

More
02 Oct 2015 19:32 - 02 Oct 2015 19:33 #38362 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic DSM Telemetry support
Hi. I'm running a OrangeRX R920X RX with my 7E. I'm running a nightly from earlier this summer (and it's functioning well enough that unless this problem specifically is fixed I'm not going to bother updating, everything else works well). Build version is b5e89b9.

Short one minute video shows problem. I am getting random alarms happening even when the "rssi" counter doesnt move at all. I also get a random low voltage alarm on the flight pack voltage however when this happens the voltage glitches for a sec and reads low, from what I can tell this doesnt happen when it's a loss or hold alarm.

Will a more current (or someone's specific) nightly fix this?

edit:also note the transmitter batt voltage, it scares me sometime how quickly drains. Probably should start a new thread on this...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 02 Oct 2015 19:33 by Cereal_Killer.

More
02 Oct 2015 20:19 #38365 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic DSM Telemetry support
I think to have the same issue with r720x s.bus. I thought the alarm got triggered when I lost the telemetry link which is only 100m (while i fly fpv so i go more far away).

More
02 Oct 2015 21:38 #38366 by Cereal_Killer
What exact build are you running?

More
02 Oct 2015 21:48 #38368 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic DSM Telemetry support
2015-07-26

More
14 Oct 2015 01:55 - 14 Oct 2015 01:56 #38789 by Cereal_Killer
I got a really good "OBO" price on an R820x from ebay($26.75, same as hobbyking shipped the cheapest way from China but from the US), I'm waiting on it now, I dont need it for anything specific so I'm planning on getting it on the bench ASAP and experimenting.

Guy's what would it take to convert the live amp reading (from the $28 Orange current sensor which I dont have one of) into a "fuel" gauge (mAh used reading) so we could set a mAh based telem_alarm? Would a RTC be required or is there some psuedo way to do it in code?*

Also while I'm asking questions, is there a chart that converts the amp value in the .ini to the current displayed on screen? e.g. a value of 20 = 1.9A and 30 = 5.9A (which are just two steps apart, so just guessing 25 = 3.9A, the middle step)

*just thinking of cool new ways to use MWM's extra 4K of space his BL frees up!

Last edit: 14 Oct 2015 01:56 by Cereal_Killer.

More
14 Oct 2015 14:55 #38807 by Thomas.Heiss
AFAIK there are non-pricy current (DYI or box-ready) 3rd pary sensors available for TM1000 (Non-Spektrum).
But of course this would not work with the built-in Orange RX telemetry...

More
14 Oct 2015 18:26 #38810 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic DSM Telemetry support

Thomas.Heiss wrote: AFAIK there are non-pricy current (DYI or box-ready) 3rd pary sensors available for TM1000 (Non-Spektrum).

Are you sure they don't work? The OrangeRx telemetry-enabled Rx's have the same three sensor ports as the TM1000 and TM1100. The wire protocols used on those have been reverse engineered with publicly available code, so OrangeRx could easily make them work with spektrum sensors. Of course, they could also want to lock you in to their sensors, so maybe not. Be interesting to hear from someone who's tried it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
14 Oct 2015 19:18 #38812 by Cereal_Killer

mwm wrote: . Of course, they could also want to lock you in to their sensors, so maybe not. Be interesting to hear from someone who's tried it.

Not really on topic here but I know 100% for a fact that orangeRX's dont with with spektrum or Lemon sat's (and vise-versa) so I would be willing to bet that Orange telemetry only works with orange sensors.

Back to the topic at hand, does an TM1000 give you a mAh reading (a "fuel gauge") or does it only do live / peak current draw like the Orange does?

More
17 Oct 2015 12:24 - 17 Oct 2015 12:28 #38959 by Pauls
Replied by Pauls on topic DSM Telemetry support

Back to the topic at hand, does an TM1000 give you a mAh reading (a "fuel gauge") or does it only do live / peak current draw like the Orange does?

There is a capacity sensor for spektrum available, however it is not from spektrum but a hobbyists project: Capacity Sensor V2 for spectrum telemetry Unfortunately all the documentation is only available in German. Not a problem for me, since i'm from Switzerland, i.e. German speaking
Can't tell you much about it, since i don't own one. But obviously it can measure the mAh consumed. That value can be displayed in the Spectrum sender. It is also possible to define a value for an alarm on the sensor, that alarm will then be audible on the sender.
I could translate some information from the website, if you're interested. Just let me know.
I'm currently building a helicopter and evaluating telemetry. I'm looking forward to full Spectrum Telemetry support within the Deviation project :woohoo: Thank you guys for all the effort that you're putting into that project.

Gerd
Last edit: 17 Oct 2015 12:28 by Pauls.

More
17 Oct 2015 13:56 #38965 by Thomas.Heiss

mwm wrote:

Thomas.Heiss wrote: AFAIK there are non-pricy current (DYI or box-ready) 3rd pary sensors available for TM1000 (Non-Spektrum).

Are you sure they don't work? The OrangeRx telemetry-enabled Rx's have the same three sensor ports as the TM1000 and TM1100. The wire protocols used on those have been reverse engineered with publicly available code, so OrangeRx could easily make them work with spektrum sensors. Of course, they could also want to lock you in to their sensors, so maybe not. Be interesting to hear from someone who's tried it.

Hi Mike,

actually I am NOT. Sorry, didn't know that OrangeRX uses the same TM1000 concept and that they might be both compatible.

Yes, the sensor I was thinking of (I heard from on RCH/RCL German forums) is the capacity sensor from Schorsch, Gerd was referring to one post above. Thanks. I read about it from Mukenukem first promoting it.

English RCGroups DYI telemetry thread: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1726960

Greetings

Thomas

More
17 Oct 2015 19:47 - 17 Oct 2015 19:49 #38980 by Cereal_Killer

Pauls wrote: I could translate some information from the website, if you're interested. Just let me know.

Hi Gerd, thanks for the link. Google is doing a pretty good job but could you tell me what says please?

"Der Alarm muss in den Powerboxeinstellungen des Senders aktiviert werden."

Thanks!

Maybe it's a "power box" icon or something like that (I know absolutely zero German, I can hold a convo in Spanish and can read well enough to understand French but not a lick of German)

Last edit: 17 Oct 2015 19:49 by Cereal_Killer.

More
17 Oct 2015 20:08 #38981 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic DSM Telemetry support
The alarm has to be activated in the powerbox settings of the transmitter.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds