Source code bug report about DEVO7E binding....

More
07 Mar 2013 21:45 #7498 by galee
As I metioned in the topic : www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...e6b-zip-doesn-t-work

DEVO7E seems something wrong about binding when use FIXID...

These days, I'm writing a Chinese Version for DEVO7E, the whole GUI is rewritten to reduce size, and the protocols is porting from PhracturedBlue's Deviation source.

When porting to devo.c (located at src\protocol), I found there may be a writing mistake:

I thought the code means when Model.fixed_id is zero, the tx will generate a random id and use_fixed_id will be zero (clear by initialize line 507), but when Model.fixed is set, use_fixed_id should be no-zero.

And there is another place make me confuse... function bind() line 491, is it mean whatever the Model.fixed is, the use_fixed_id is always 1?

Hope for answer~
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2013 21:53 #7499 by galee
here is some snapshot about the Chinese firmware, is there anybody can give me a Traditional Chinese 12dot font file? If has pls send to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. :P
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2013 01:08 #7502 by yoshi163
Devo7e can open chinese language?Can you give me a chinese deviation,Thank you!

More
08 Mar 2013 01:29 - 08 Mar 2013 01:34 #7503 by ColdFire
try to clarify your confusion:
"And there is another place make me confuse... function bind() line 491, is it mean whatever the Model.fixed is, the use_fixed_id is always 1?"

if (PROTOCOL_AutoBindEnabled())
PROTOCOL_Init(0);
else
PROTOCOL_Bind();

and
case PROTOCMD_CHECK_AUTOBIND: return Model.fixed_id ? 0 : (void *)1L;

So which means bind function is only called whenever Model.fixed_id != 0

"but when Model.fixed is set, use_fixed_id should be no-zero."
It probably does not matter (though it is worth to make clear) for the value to be set here because bind function will set it to non-zero anyway.

galee wrote: As I metioned in the topic : www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...e6b-zip-doesn-t-work

DEVO7E seems something wrong about binding when use FIXID...

These days, I'm writing a Chinese Version for DEVO7E, the whole GUI is rewritten to reduce size, and the protocols is porting from PhracturedBlue's Deviation source.

When porting to devo.c (located at src\protocol), I found there may be a writing mistake:

I thought the code means when Model.fixed_id is zero, the tx will generate a random id and use_fixed_id will be zero (clear by initialize line 507), but when Model.fixed is set, use_fixed_id should be no-zero.

And there is another place make me confuse... function bind() line 491, is it mean whatever the Model.fixed is, the use_fixed_id is always 1?

Hope for answer~

Last edit: 08 Mar 2013 01:34 by ColdFire.

More
08 Mar 2013 01:33 #7504 by ColdFire
Looks cool! I am also writing a GUI system (just started) which I hope that takes less resource and are more programmer friendly.

galee wrote: here is some snapshot about the Chinese firmware, is there anybody can give me a Traditional Chinese 12dot font file? If has pls send to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. :P

More
08 Mar 2013 02:36 #7506 by galee
The deviation firmware does not support chs and cht because the flash size is small...

so I wrote another firmware, if you are chinese too, can visit 5IMX to get newest message. :P

More
08 Mar 2013 02:40 #7508 by galee
I will public the source code soon~

More
08 Mar 2013 02:44 #7510 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Source code bug report about DEVO7E binding....
Supporting any language natively in Deviation for the 7e is not hard. we'd just patch the string-table, and build the firmware that way. You won't be able to change language without flashing the firmware though. I will eventually do it, but it is not a priority.

As for the rest, I'm sorry, but I will not support you until your code is open-sourced. The license for Deviation is very clear. If you are using parts of deviation for your code you must license it under the GPLv3. Otherwise you are free to use the documentation I've written in the docs/ directory as the basis for writing your own protocol code from scratch.

Once you've made your code available, I'll be happy to discuss how deviation works.

More
08 Mar 2013 02:57 #7511 by galee
Yes, I will open the source in few days. another question, I don't know how to post it , may I email it to you, or post in this forum as a attachment?

More
08 Mar 2013 03:33 #7512 by ColdFire
i believe most people here do it on bitbucket.

galee wrote: Yes, I will open the source in few days. another question, I don't know how to post it , may I email it to you, or post in this forum as a attachment?

More
08 Mar 2013 03:57 #7513 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Source code bug report about DEVO7E binding....
I can't help myself.
All that use_fixed_id does is select whether the upper nibble of pkt[10] is 0x00, 0x80, or 0xc0

From Devo.txt:
The upper nibble 0x00 corresponds to non-fixed-id, and 0x80 corresponds to using a fixed-id
An upper nibble of 0xc0 is used to indicate fixed-id binding is in progress

As you noted we should have set 'use_fixed_id = 1' when Model.fixed_id is non-zero. This bug has been there since last August though. Apparently Walkera Rx ignore the difference in this byte when using a fixed id.

More
08 Mar 2013 07:02 #7517 by galee
I have changed the code to '1', it still has problem when FIXEDID BINDING, after many times try, I found it do work if I insert 'initialize()' into the function 'bind()'....

it'ok now... but it seems not a good modification, the code can be more pretty...

More
08 Mar 2013 09:23 #7521 by dc59
look forward for cht version's deviation F/W, thanks!! :P

More
08 Mar 2013 13:31 #7529 by PhracturedBlue
I'm not sure what the issue is, but my models bind fine using fixed-id on the 7e. Running initialize during bind should absolutely not be necessary,

More
08 Mar 2013 15:24 #7530 by galee
it may be a bug about RX... I'm not test it in little plane such as mini-cp, my RX is RX1002, after many many many times test, I think you are right, the RX has something wrong.

More
11 Mar 2013 07:28 #7635 by galee
I meet many problem when setup a hg enviroment..... :sick:

More
16 Mar 2013 16:51 #7831 by dehalo
My HotenX binds with Fixed ID. The behaviour, however is different than with Devention: When I switch off the transmitter and switch it on again, connection is not reestablished (this works with Devention). Furthermore, the HotenX still binds with a second transmitter without FixedID (Devention F4) I did use "bind" after setting up the Fixed ID on DEVO 7E (deviation-devo7e-5b6a882e48b5, 2.02.13).

More
19 Mar 2013 15:15 #7923 by galee
I've already public the source code on bitbucket.org/galee/galee-devo7e

Thank u again very much.

And during debug of DSMX, I found the 'model' has been set to zero, I try to change the model add to CYRF_MfgId[2] instead of CYRF_MfgId[3], it seems work well.

More
09 Nov 2013 09:34 #15468 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Source code bug report about DEVO7E binding....
could galee's firmware be made english by replacing the three /src/HK12* files with english versions?

phil

More
21 Sep 2015 08:22 #37918 by cctsao1008
Replied by cctsao1008 on topic Source code bug report about DEVO7E binding....
Hi Galee :

where can I get the file system ?

thank you.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds