Hitec AFHSS Protocol

More
07 Apr 2013 13:53 - 07 Apr 2013 14:19 #8683 by donato.jun
Hitec AFHSS Protocol was created by donato.jun
Now with the support for CC2500 transceiver in Deviation, I think will be nice to add support for Hitec AFHSS protocol.

Pluses:
- Low cost receivers (cost more the FrSky ones, but less the Spektrum ones)

- Integrated voltage telemetry (35V, max) on Optima receivers (even less costs)

- Hobbyking sells Minima compatible receivers (I think its a FrSky one, reprogrammed)

Know info:

- Its uses CC2500 tranceiver

- have 1-way (minima) and 2-way (Optima) mode

- The Minima receiver don´t have read fuse set on IC (Hack opportunity :) )
Last edit: 07 Apr 2013 14:19 by donato.jun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2013 14:09 #8687 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Hitec AFHSS Protocol
The main problem here will be that I don't have the relevant hardware to even start work on this, and the Tx hardware is actually quite expensive. Additionally, we haven't really got the CC2500 modules working well as yet.

More
16 May 2018 11:20 #69255 by z3r0c00l2005
Replied by z3r0c00l2005 on topic Hitec AFHSS Protocol
I'd be interested in starting to look at capturing data to support this.

I don't actually have a Hitec system, although I have some Ares models running on "Hitec Red" aka Minima protocol.

So far i've attempted to hook up a Logic Analyser, although the Tx that i've got has an integrated IC/RF stage so I don't think that worked marvellously!

I do own a Hack RF, so would liek to start investigating OTA sniffing for this.

I know that the protocol uses a GFSK modulation, and hops between 21 channels (I can see the hops on a waterfall plot and also they're documented on the FCC test report.)

Unfortunalty, i'm not really sure where to go next to capture anything meaningful, is there an OTA guide or any GRC flow charts around that may help?

More
16 May 2018 15:35 #69257 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Hitec AFHSS Protocol
Ota hacking has only been tried by goebish so far. I'd first take a look at bandwidth and data rate as well as the hopping sequence and specific channels during tx bind. I'd then try to programm an cc2500 to receive the tx bind packets by trying some register settings similar to the expected settings acquired by Ota sniffing above.

More
16 May 2018 17:58 - 16 May 2018 17:59 #69258 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Hitec AFHSS Protocol
Off topic on/

For OTA hacking Radiolink protocol may be of interest, reports on those are good and RX cheaply available...…

Others missing HITEC, JETI, Multiplex, Graupner Hott, Sanwa FHSS, but personally I think that the DIY community really already dropped all the famous brands, people who buy expensive branded receivers they use them with an original Tx. Deviation users buy cheap (but still as good hardware....)

Really of interest for me would be LORA chipset support, as frsky R9 or Crossfire or maybe an open source protocol version of that as Qlrs or YALRS (Inav)
Last edit: 16 May 2018 17:59 by Fernandez.

More
08 Aug 2018 12:58 #70160 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Hitec AFHSS Protocol
Hitec Protocol is available in a test build now thanks to the work of planger and hexfet. Please check the recent thread.

More
03 May 2019 02:19 #74202 by LinuxGuy
Replied by LinuxGuy on topic Hitec AFHSS Protocol
Which thread are you referring to ?

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds