DSM2 surface radio

More
26 Apr 2013 06:36 #9219 by ColdFire
DSM2 surface radio was created by ColdFire
I ordered a DSM2 ground receiver (OrangeRx GR300) from hobbyking and found it not working with deviationtx. Did a little bit search and realize that DSM2 surface radio and air radio are not compatible. Any plan to add the support for DSM2 surface radio PB?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2013 11:34 #9226 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic DSM2 surface radio
Thanks for high lighting this - I would never have expected it. :huh:

More
26 Apr 2013 12:53 #9230 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic DSM2 surface radio

ColdFire wrote: I ordered a DSM2 ground receiver (OrangeRx GR300) from hobbyking and found it not working with deviationtx. Did a little bit search and realize that DSM2 surface radio and air radio are not compatible. Any plan to add the support for DSM2 surface radio PB?
Thanks!

Open it up and take a picture of the board so we can verify which chip it used. I doubt I'll work on it anytime soon as I don't have a compatible Tx to test with.

More
26 Apr 2013 15:05 #9233 by ColdFire
Replied by ColdFire on topic DSM2 surface radio
Thanks PB!
The RF chip is CYRF6936. MCU is a 8-bit TSSOP20 chip (ST8S003F3P6) from ST.
What I can tell is that they do talk: when I press bind the receiver LED goes off. when bind dialog disappears the LED come back flashing a few times, indicates binding was not successful.

PhracturedBlue wrote:

ColdFire wrote: I ordered a DSM2 ground receiver (OrangeRx GR300) from hobbyking and found it not working with deviationtx. Did a little bit search and realize that DSM2 surface radio and air radio are not compatible. Any plan to add the support for DSM2 surface radio PB?
Thanks!

Open it up and take a picture of the board so we can verify which chip it used. I doubt I'll work on it anytime soon as I don't have a compatible Tx to test with.

More
26 Apr 2013 15:12 #9234 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic DSM2 surface radio

The third protocol is DSM Marine. It is similar to DSM2 Air enough that it will work with air transmitters (a lot of boat guys use sticks for quicker response). However, not all Surface transmitters support the DSM Marine protocol.

If you bind a Marine receiver to your DX8, it will tell you it's operating in DSM Marine mode, not DSM2.

FWIW, you can use the TM1000 with a Marine receiver (no Flight Log data, but sensors all work fine).

Andy Kunz

More
26 Apr 2013 20:08 #9246 by ColdFire
life is full of surprise :pinch:

RandMental wrote: Thanks for high lighting this - I would never have expected it. :huh:

More
26 Apr 2013 20:09 - 26 Apr 2013 20:10 #9247 by ColdFire
yeah I saw that after I placed the order, still hoping it might work, and it does not. Currently I am using a 7 channel OrangeRx in the buggy, a little bit bulky but get the job done.

vlad_vy wrote:

The third protocol is DSM Marine. It is similar to DSM2 Air enough that it will work with air transmitters (a lot of boat guys use sticks for quicker response). However, not all Surface transmitters support the DSM Marine protocol.

If you bind a Marine receiver to your DX8, it will tell you it's operating in DSM Marine mode, not DSM2.

FWIW, you can use the TM1000 with a Marine receiver (no Flight Log data, but sensors all work fine).

Andy Kunz

Last edit: 26 Apr 2013 20:10 by ColdFire.

More
09 May 2013 08:39 - 09 May 2013 08:44 #9732 by ledfreak3d
Replied by ledfreak3d on topic DSM2 surface radio
i have a orange rx dsm2 model r710 it does work with devo 8s but its highly unstable

also channels seems to be mixed up

channel 1 seems to be pitch on my devo8s mode 2

www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__2068...iver_w_Failsafe.html
Last edit: 09 May 2013 08:44 by ledfreak3d.

More
09 May 2013 09:24 #9735 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic DSM2 surface radio

ledfreak3d wrote: i have a orange rx dsm2 model r710 it does work with devo 8s but its highly unstable

also channels seems to be mixed up

channel 1 seems to be pitch on my devo8s mode 2

www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__2068...iver_w_Failsafe.html

Edit the mixer and change the source. Sometimes channels are mixed up, but the beauty of it is you are not forced into a fixed scheme. For as far as I care you can do pitch on channel 7 if you want, I do it on a receiver because the servo cable isn't long enough :silly:

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
09 May 2013 12:19 #9741 by ledfreak3d
yea the channels i can switch around thats not a big thing.
the problem is the reciever is realy unstable looses connection with the devo and responds badly to commands

no idea why
as far as i know the orange led should also stop blinking after a succesfull bind but that also is not the case the led never gets solid orange Always flickers randomly when its connected to the tx

More
09 May 2013 18:12 #9759 by ledfreak3d
can anybody confirm is the orange rx recievers work on deviation ?

More
09 May 2013 19:52 - 09 May 2013 19:53 #9767 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic DSM2 surface radio

ledfreak3d wrote: can anybody confirm is the orange rx recievers work on deviation ?

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...ge-rx-recievers#9764
Last edit: 09 May 2013 19:53 by RandMental.

More
04 May 2016 19:21 #47764 by Gzus11
Replied by Gzus11 on topic DSM2 surface radio
I've just picked up the gr300 ground receiver fairly cheap, and now discover that's it's the same as the original post.

It appears to bind with dsm2 but flashes the red led indicating signal loss, shame.

I assume this is an old post, and no development has been made on the ground protocols.

If it helps at all, I attach an image of the orange r615x next to the gr300r. The components look very similar with the main chip cyrf6910. I also have a spare if there's any thing I can do with it to help.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds