Support for Graupner HoTT

More
18 May 2013 18:54 #10103 by Waschtl
Support for Graupner HoTT was created by Waschtl
Hi,

are there any plans to support the Graupner HoTT Rx system?
Is this even widely known outside of Germany?

Thanks for your help,
Bastian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2013 01:42 #10120 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
I doubt very much. See "Rules for protocol requests" in this subforum. HoTT uses CC2500, so technically it's feasible, but the hardware is enormously expensive for hobby project. So, all 75 channels of HoTT are for Graupner to enjoy (selling to you) ;-) Even if someone capable of doing this would have the hardware, he'd hesitate to solder stuff to $400-500 transmitter, and even receivers are quite expensive - $75 or so last time I checked.

So, don't hold your breath.

More
21 May 2013 19:32 #10210 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
Graupner/Hott telemetry is very interesting:
SJ/Graupner ESCs are plug and play with Hott Receivers and are sending
Voltage/Ampere/RPM/Capacity/Temperature
without using external hardware

More
21 May 2013 20:20 #10211 by Waschtl
Replied by Waschtl on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
Well, here in Germany you can get tx modules at ~50€ = 65US$. ( here for example:
cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem=&i...bayCategoryId=159499 )

That's actually quite cheap to the Futaba modules which start at ~100€...
I can of course help to get a module for development :)

More
21 May 2013 20:32 #10212 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
For me - not now. I am busy with Esky and HiSKY right now as they use the chip I made my first protocol for - nRF24L01.

PhracturedBlue has much more experience with CC2500 and I know there were some problems with CC2500 modules - some work better than others for unknown reason.

Also, for every protocol there are no guarantees that it can be done easily. I was lucky so far, all three protocols I dealt with are not very complicated and not much countermeasures were taken against reverse engineering. Unlike for instance DSMX - it took long time to reverse engineer frequency hopping algorithm.

More
21 May 2013 21:26 #10214 by Waschtl
Replied by Waschtl on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
Well then...

Volunteers welcome!

:)

More
21 May 2013 23:45 #10218 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
I haven't returned to it recently, but I've been very frustrated working with the CC2500 modules. There could be various reasons for that, but the end result has been that I have not had much luck running the PA enabled ones.

As victzh said, this is a pretty expensive proposition. Someone doing the analysis would need access to both a Tx and and Rx, and may need to damage one or the other to get the proper wiring to snoop the protocol. And in the end, if they developed a strong hopping algorithm, it may be very difficult to decode (Even DMX, which was the hardest protocol we've seen to date, could have been much more difficult with a single change like using a key-exchange, which would probably have been enough to make it unbreakable using current techniques)

At $65, I'd consider buying an Rx to hack, but without a reasonably priced Tx, it wouldn't be helpful.

More
06 May 2014 13:33 #22933 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
Just in case, HoTT SUMD Data Protocol

File Attachment:

File Name: HoTT-SUMD-...-pdf.pdf
File Size:42 KB
Attachments:

More
23 Aug 2016 20:31 #53047 by huge
Replied by huge on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
Somethin new over here?

Regards

More
12 Jul 2017 18:15 #63410 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
HOTT support really appreeciated :) I have probably access to a Graupner MX-16 and a receiver - btw, Support of the MZ-24 has been discussed sometimes - perhaps a MZ12 or MX12 which is slightly above 100USD might be possible to deviate?

Best regards
Domsen

More
23 Aug 2018 16:33 #70413 by planger
Replied by planger on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
I have access to a MZ-4 TX: www.graupner.com/Radio-Control-mz-4-HoTT-2-Channel/S1031/ with a 2 channel receiver.
It's only 2 channels but it might give a start to reverse this protocol. I'll have a look in the coming days to see if the CC2500 SPI bus is accessible in it.

Depending on the result I might need a normal receiver to go further, is someone willing to ship a RX my way? I would even think that it could even be a prerequisite for me before starting anything...

- Pascal

More
23 Aug 2018 20:30 #70419 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Support for Graupner HoTT
Your doing a great job with all your efforts in adding new protocols !!! Thanks Man!

Maybe in case you like hacking at some point we could add the Semtech Modules, for 900mhz as that would be really adding something what is lacking! Especially frsky r9m rx are very afdordable, if it was deviated would certainly use it.

More
23 Aug 2018 23:26 #70421 by SirDomsen
I currently have a MX16 here from a friend of mine plus a GR18 receiver that has a burnt first channel servo out.
I would like to ship the receiver to you if it's of use

There is a problem that I see though:
Since HOTT uses Telemetry only to configure the receiver, there is a GUI needed to do so. I guess without the support of this configuration menu, there is not much of use of HOTT. I didn't know about this circumstance before I actually used HOTT. I helped Silverxxx from Silverware to implement Graupner's SUMD, that's why I have had contact with it...

More
24 Aug 2018 08:30 #70425 by planger
I've never seen Hott so can you elaborate?
What are they configuring through telemetry on the RX?

More
24 Aug 2018 11:07 #70429 by SirDomsen
You can see the telemetry configuration menu in this PDF , at page 10. You enter telemetry mode in TX, the this screen shows up, it's the receivers setup, what is being displayed varies from receiver to receiver, GR18 for example which has a flight controller includes, is quite more complex. Here you can chose copter configuration, ESC protocol, PIDs, etc...
Just read around a bit in the Graupner receiver and/or transmitter manuals, they always show that telemetry menu :)

I can do a video of that menu if it's of use :)

More
24 Aug 2018 14:11 #70431 by planger
Ok let me look with what I have access to and I will see what's feasible.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds