USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s Deviation build 18 Dec

More
19 Dec 2013 09:02 - 19 Dec 2013 09:50 #16792 by RandMental
Guys

Could I ask that someone confirm this problem before I log it on BitBucket.

I get channel 4 as channel 5 on the Simulator when using USBHID.

Using the normal PPMout and the simulator dongle interface, everything works fine and ch4 is mapping ch4 on the PC Simulator.

However keeping everything the same, same model, just changing the protocol to USBHID and re-init while restarting the Simulator to use the USB Joystick interface, and the Deviation ch4 jumps to CH5 on the PC. I even started a new TX/Controller on the sim with full calibration etc, but Ch4 shows on Ch5.

None of the 8 Channels of the Deviation respond on the simulator CH 4; Ch 6 and Ch7 work also 100%. If I change the Simulator to read rudder on ch5, all is back to normal and I can fly as usual, so it seems only the Ch 4/5 mapping has an issue?

EDIT: I have not tested USBHID before, so I am not saying this issue is only on the latest build.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2013 09:50 by RandMental.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2013 14:54 #16801 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s Deviation build 18 Dec
Go to Start->Devices and Printers->Deviation Game Pad->Game Conmtroller Properties->Properties->Test

And see if all axes work. Probably this is just the simulator expecting different axes then deviation reports.
Deviation reports on:
X,Y,Z,Rx,Ry,Rz and then a bunch of sliders.
If the software is looking for some axis between Z and Rx you would get this behavior, but it isn't really a Deviation bug.

More
19 Dec 2013 17:25 - 19 Dec 2013 17:30 #16806 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s Deviation build 18 Dec
I get the following, do you know what I should get?

(I can unfortunately check only on my HP laptop - we have our Summer holidays here in South Africa and I am not at home)

Zaxis - respond to Deviation Right Vertical or Ch3
X Axis - respond to Deviation Left Horizontal or Ch4
Y rotation - respond to Deviation Gear or Ch5
Z rotation - respond to Deviation Ch6

No response from any other Deviation channels

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Dec 2013 17:30 by RandMental.

More
19 Dec 2013 17:44 #16807 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s Deviation build 18 Dec
It should be:
X axis Ch1
Y axis Ch2
Z axis Ch3
X-Rotate Ch4
Y-Rotate Ch5
Z-Rotate Ch6
Slider 1 Ch7
Slider 2 Ch8

I didn't check it today, but this code hasn't changed, and I've verified this in the past

More
19 Dec 2013 18:19 #16808 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s Deviation build 18 Dec
Interesting - I'll start with a new Deviation model and see if I can get further insight into what is going on.

More
19 Dec 2013 18:53 - 19 Dec 2013 18:54 #16809 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s - Test results
Hi PB,

Testing as per the Gamepad gives me the first 6 channels as you specified, but nothing on Ch7 and Ch8 (sliders)

I have not tested via the (Phoenix) Simulator again, as clearly I have other issues there.

I don't think this is important even if there is an issues on the channels 7 and 8 and suggest we park it until I can test on my PCs at home. I'll also clear the Bitbucket issue for now, seeing that nobody else joined with issues from their side.

Thanks for the help!
Last edit: 19 Dec 2013 18:54 by RandMental.

More
24 Dec 2013 15:05 #16976 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s - Test results
I just discovered this feature and wanted to add some lines for the manual. Before I always connected another Tx via DSC-cable on my Devo10.
I confirm that the first 6 channels work as desired but I cannot get access to Ch7 and Ch8 also. It does not matter which input I use (stick, switch or pot) I never get any response from both last channels.

Randmental, will you open again or might be PB is faster :) ?

More
24 Dec 2013 15:27 #16978 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s - Test results
I re-opened ticket #444 regarding ch7 and 8 not working

More
24 Dec 2013 21:29 #16986 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic USBHID Ch issue on Devo8s - Test results
PB, you mentioned some changes in the how the mixer handles PPM here: http://deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questions/2411-ppm-sending-only-6-channels-latest-pb-build#16227 .
Could this be the same cause?

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds