New Flysky protocol, any idea?

More
22 Jan 2015 09:34 #27932 by victor123s
New Flysky protocol, any idea? was created by victor123s
Has anyone plan on cracking the new 2A flysky protocol? Not that it has been used in any toy model lately. I just bought a FS-I6 tx and quite unimpressed with its capability. I'd never use Flysky tx before. I used to have V912 and Syma X1 that I flew with Devo7e. Until I built a 600 quad that uses FS R6B receiver. I fly this quad with Devo7e installed with A7105 module jacked from old v929 tx. I really love the Deviation setting but the lousy module has only about 150-180 meters range because as I fly my 600 away, the APM fail-safe kicks in and brings the quad back when it's out of tx range. That's why I bought the I6 simply because I need a longer range but compare I6 features and my D7e, I prefer my D7e. I can do multiple rates and all 6 flight modes plus 1 more commands for the last channel. I found that I6 has no way to mix switches and only allow 1 rate for each channel, can't have selectable endpoints like Devo's multi-mixer. What I6 has better than modded devo is that it has 2 dials for easier PID tuning and much longer range. I6 doesn't even has built-in timer.

The new 2A Flysky protocol can be set to bind with old Flysky protocol so I believe it is still using A7105 chip. Only the software part is different.

Can't afford that pricey I10 for more features. I probably stick with my D7e and find some booster to get better range. I'm not looking for 5km radio, 500m would be OK for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2015 10:38 #27933 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New Flysky protocol, any idea?
The Flysky i10 radio also uses the AFHDS 2A, from what I read the protocol can handle up to 14channel, it have telemetry. It must be compatibele with a7105, as in the i10 you can choose also old flysky protocol.

The new Flysky receivers are still cheap and compact, now with diversity dual antenna, a TX/RX databus at receivers for sensors and telemetry.

There are some report range tests youtube and range reported on this is excellent!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.025 seconds