Porting syma x5c-1 protocol to arduino

More
01 Sep 2016 09:51 #53359 by stevesheff
Replied by stevesheff on topic Porting syma x5c-1 protocol to arduino
So I bought a replacement controller for the X5C-1 to test the connection and, probably you all knew already, but the Quad needs to receive a throttle up and down to bind.

That is not happening in my code run, well not that I can tell, also the quad's light stay blinking. Is there a part of the code that is meant to do that, if so where pls, if not is it something that should be sent into the Serial Input to send a message, i.e. throttle up and then down to simulate the joystick move?

I am going to try an snoop the controller with some other code to see if I have the right channel setup etc and also try and read what input should be entered.

In the meantime if anyone can help or I am on the complete wrong track please let me know.

rgs Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2016 17:19 #53382 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Porting syma x5c-1 protocol to arduino
The throttle up/down thing is not part of the bind procedure; it is a safety implemented solely on the stock tx. The tx won't send any channel data to the quad until the up/down is done. Safeties are implemented differently in deviation so this step is not required.

Haven't used arduino much so not sure about the rest...

More
02 Sep 2016 07:55 #53402 by stevesheff
Ok tks, saves me looking for that :)

More
26 Oct 2016 08:01 #55394 by stevesheff
Hexfet,
I can't seem to get a response from the arduino person on this thread but your non-arduino code is very similar so I was wondering if you could point me to the part in the code or debugging where you see the bind actually take place and what in your testing where the key bits to get right to ensure the bind took place.

I am presuming also the copter provides some signal of the bind, as it does with the stock tx. Does it stop flashing and the lights just stay on?

rgs

More
26 Oct 2016 16:54 #55414 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Porting syma x5c-1 protocol to arduino
The LEDs should behave the same as with the stock tx when bind is achieved.

There's not any data received from the quad with symax protocol. If you look at the deviation implementation , it just sends bind packets for 1.5 seconds (345 packets) in symax_callback(), then switches to the data address (symax_init2()) and starts sending live data.

I imagine the quad listens on the bind address till it gets a good bind packet, then switches to listening on the data address. When it starts receiving data there it will change the LEDs. That's speculation - haven't tried to look at receiver code.

More
27 Oct 2016 08:23 #55432 by stevesheff
Thanks, gives me some areas to look into.
rgs

More
18 May 2017 07:48 #62398 by foddazz-
Replied by foddazz- on topic Porting syma x5c-1 protocol to arduino
Hi, I'm trying to connect my drone x5c to the console via NRF24L01 ... i have all the protocols, but i do not understand how to connect it physically, especially where to connect it. I'm doing a project for an exam trying to fly the drone via arduino with a bluetooth connection. If someone helps me it makes me a favor. If I misbehave something I apologize but I am new to the forum, to contact me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds