Proto X SLT bind issues

More
16 Apr 2015 23:53 #31267 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Proto X SLT bind issues
Ok, where does the serial output from a DEV build go? And how do I capture it? I assume I need to plug in the USB port somehow, but having built a TYPE=dev dfu and installed it, I don't see any extra USB devices on my system.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2015 01:05 #31269 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Proto X SLT bind issues
That would be a good idea, but I don't have USB UART support in Deviation. I did just merge the debuglog patch though. just build current 'default' branch with TYPE=dev, and then go to the DebugLog screen on your Devo radio (near the About/USB screen)

More
17 Apr 2015 05:36 #31279 by mwm
Actually, no, that's not sufficient for my Devo6S. Or the Devo7E, for that matter. Both of them just set DEBUG_WINDOW_SIZE to 0, with no conditional compilation. Since it was set to 200 for the Devo8/10/12, I couldn't think of a good reason for it not to be on the 6, so I just used that value for it. Not clear it should go on the 7e, though.

Ok, here's what I get (it would be nice if this could be logged to a file....):
0:Using id A1E150B7 fh: 24 2B 1D 09 32 3B 11 06 20 39 4
1:Manufacturer id: 30FF5B333352313410821843
2:nRF24L01 detected
3: Trying to switch banks
4:

5-9, 10-14 and 15-19 all duplicate 0-4.

More
17 Apr 2015 06:37 - 17 Apr 2015 06:39 #31282 by PhracturedBlue
logging to a file is somewhat challenging due to needing pre-created fixed-size files and whatnot. It would not be that hard, but probably not generally worth it. For all debvelopers, I recommend getting a $3 usb->uart and a 1/8" stereo jack so you can get serial output from the trainer port and log all this info easily. I did a simple experiment to enable usb-cdc (serial over USB) today, but it didn't go well. Due to how CDC works, it would be difficult to use anyhow (you need to boot the Tx, then connect to the serial port, then start sending data). the visible log is easier to use.

It sounds like there may be a bug in the logger since everything > 4 should likely have been empty unless the protocol repeatedly sends the 4 lines you listed

Enabling the debug log for devo6 is fine. It generally takes up too much space for the devo7e though.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2015 06:39 by PhracturedBlue.

More
17 Apr 2015 16:14 #31301 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Proto X SLT bind issues
I still need to test the new code, but I think it's brilliant idea to have it. I see the output is clipped - I put out too long debug strings. I'll wrap it around to have all the channels visible.

So far I can't see anything seriously offending. Probably we'll need to get traces from SLT TX. Can you get a photo of it near the RF chip? I dealt with one of TXs of this kind - Latrax Alias - it is nightmare to solder to.

More
17 Apr 2015 16:46 #31307 by PhracturedBlue
I moved the topic. sorry I lost your post asking me to do so victzh (I moved the post instead of the topic the 1st time)

More
18 Apr 2015 00:09 #31315 by mwm
Well, here's what I can get for you.

Overview of the PCB between the sticks.

I believe this is the CPU chip, but I can't make out the markings to be sure.

Under the jewelers loupe at highest magnification, i think this says BK2425. Which would make it the RF chip, and definitely makes me wish I'd kept the USB microscope I bought my k ids long ago.

Attachments:

More
12 Jan 2016 05:40 #41657 by Tryptych
Replied by Tryptych on topic Proto X SLT bind issues
Hey guys.. just checking back after many many months.... Was this ever solved? Anyone able to properly fly their Proto X SLT using Deviation?

More
22 Mar 2019 02:49 #73506 by n8xyn
Replied by n8xyn on topic Proto X SLT bind issues
I realize this an old thread but I'm really curious about what protocol this quad uses? I just got a Jumper t12 and I'd love to get it to work... thanks

More
22 Mar 2019 09:07 #73509 by planger
Replied by planger on topic Proto X SLT bind issues
SLT

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds