V202 delays on V323

More
19 Jun 2015 01:04 #34334 by mwm
V202 delays on V323 was created by mwm
The latest nightly builds have issues on my V323. In particular, there's a lag of over half a second between moving a stick, and the props responding to that motion. For instance, shutting down the throttle. This makes the hex unflyable.

This isn't the module, as I get the same problem on two different versions of the NRF24L01, in two different Tx's. I've actually narrowed the problem down to a small code change, and can build a version that works. Unfortunately, backing out the change is a problem, as the old code (that works properly) could lock up the Tx.

At this point, I'd like to see if this is an issue with my V323, only V323s, or other WLToys multirotors that use the same or similar FC board. In particular, the V262 seems to be a quad version of this multirotor, and there are a host of variations on it (brushless, FPV, etc.)

So, if you have one of these - particularly a V323 - could you let me know if you're seeing similar issues, or if you're not, with a recent nightly build?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2015 08:20 - 19 Jun 2015 08:25 #34347 by btoschi
Replied by btoschi on topic V202 delays on V323
See my post about V959 Pro - same thing happening there, so it may be related.
I'll try with my V262 later, but it needs some charge first ;)

Could it be that the packet-ack is not working reliable between Beken and NRF ?
(I have VERY similar issues when trying to use auto-ack with my MJX implementation, quad is unflyable)

I think the ACK is the essential new part here - why don't we send out new packets w/o ACK ?
(waiting for it to being sent is fine)
Anyone ever checked how often the ACK-check in v202_callback() fails ?
Last edit: 19 Jun 2015 08:25 by btoschi.

More
19 Jun 2015 23:27 #34385 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic V202 delays on V323
Well, if it's a broken module, I've got two of them. One with a PA and ufl connector in my 10, and one with no PA and a PCB antenna in my 6s. They both display this behavior.

The difference between the nightly build and my working builds is that mine spins waiting for a good ACK when a packet is sent, but the other version polls for the ack. I've got some ideas to test about that.

The YD717 protocol does the polling version, with a much longer time between polls than the v202 version.

I have the same issue with the Proto X SLT. It spins waiting for the ack. I'm not the only person seeing this, though, and the SLT protocol hasn't been extensively tested.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
10 Nov 2015 14:22 #39826 by Francisco
Replied by Francisco on topic V202 delays on V323
Hi, I am testing the v959 pro with YD717 and Sky Walker , but the motors turn on and off when I apply throttle, the led blinks.
Is there a protocol problem?

More
10 Nov 2015 19:52 #39849 by Francisco
Try with YD717 and YD717 , the led blinks less, the trottle works better but still no control.
Any idea? Thanks, Javier.

More
10 Nov 2015 20:03 #39851 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic V202 delays on V323
Sounds like the protocol is not quite the same. Would need some SPI captures to know for sure.

More
10 Nov 2015 20:16 #39852 by Francisco
Thanks for the response hexfet, there is a post with these captures?
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...nother-yd717-variant

More
11 Nov 2015 02:15 #39890 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic V202 delays on V323
From what I can see the capture is the same as the YD717 SkyWlkr option. But the capture doesn't match btoschi's comment - there is no channel hopping in the capture. The only strange thing was the max throttle value was only 3A in the capture while it's FF in the protocol. Does it work if you only give it a little throttle? None of the other channels change during the capture but their values are consistent with the YD717/SkyWlkr assignments.

More
11 Nov 2015 13:07 #39933 by Francisco
Only the throttle seems to work almost correctly with less or more throttle in yd717, the other controls do not work well. In SkyWlkr option the motors turn on and off, the other controls do not work well either.
The link led blink less with yd717, more with SkyWlkr.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds