8801 "LuLa" Nano quadcopter Devo support requested

More
16 Aug 2015 18:24 #36952 by IndoorFlyer
Hi, first must tell you I am new to the "Deviation scene". I have a Devo 7E ready to be modded, with extra RF board and antenna, so pretty much a newbie at this. I want to thank the people who contributed to this project, as it's clear that their efforts are helping others enjoy their RC stuff more, because they can fly it with a better transmitter, or don't have to bring a dozen of transmitters to the field, to fly every single craft.

As the title mentions, I do also have a request. There is this agile and nice to fly nano quad, called the 8801 "LuLa". Though it comes with a reasonable size transmitter for a cheap RTF quad, the range is a bit limited, and when zipping around, it's easy to fly it out of range. A more capable transmitter would not only make it fly better, but would likely also extend range. So current and future owners of this quad would really appreciate if it could be added to the growing family of "deviated" protocols.

Thanks in advance and happy flying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2015 14:28 #36978 by hexfet
Adding a new protocol requires reverse engineering the data sent to the quad. The 8801 would need to use a supported radio chip, and we need access to the data sent to the chip. This normally comes from captures of the SPI bus data on the radio chip provided by someone with both the quad and a logic analyzer.

You might try binding with some of the current microquad protocols on the chance it uses one of them.

More
17 Aug 2015 15:00 #36981 by IndoorFlyer
Replied by IndoorFlyer on topic 8801 "LuLa" Nano quadcopter Devo support requested
I understand there is more involved than snapping some fingers, and there are a few transmitters I could try.

Maybe it would help that this thread has pictures of the reciever board, to identify the radio chip that is used?

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2467244&page=4

More
17 Aug 2015 20:38 #37003 by IndoorFlyer
Replied by IndoorFlyer on topic 8801 "LuLa" Nano quadcopter Devo support requested
Tried all my available transmitters, no binding for any of these:

- JJRC JJ1000
- Bayangtoys X9 (same protocol as H8 Mini)
- Cheerson CX-10 older version
- Cheerson CX-10 newer version
- DHD Drone D1
- JJRC H20

More
17 Aug 2015 22:59 #37007 by Durete
According RcGroup's photos, the RF transceiver seems to be a LT89xx. Not 100% sure since the IC inscriptions are deleted, but I'm pretty confident is an LT8910.
The bad news, this RF IC is not compatible with any RF transceiver used at DeviationTX (at least at this moment) ;)

More
18 Aug 2015 06:43 - 18 Aug 2015 06:44 #37012 by IndoorFlyer
That is off to a bad start, if your identification of the RF chip is correct. But there is a chance that this chip will be added? Would it help to have pictures of the transmitter inside to be more certain if indeed this incompatible chip is used?

Do you know what other RC brands are using this chip? Maybe a compatible transmitter can be found among these.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2015 06:44 by IndoorFlyer. Reason: added a question

More
18 Aug 2015 12:05 #37015 by Durete
I remember 2 toy models using this RF IC. The Lishitoys L6052 and Eachine/Aosenma CG022.
I think the little nano Eachine H1 is using also the same RF IC, not 100% sure about this model.

More
19 Aug 2015 20:50 - 19 Aug 2015 20:52 #37049 by IndoorFlyer

Durete wrote: I remember 2 toy models using this RF IC. The Lishitoys L6052 and Eachine/Aosenma CG022.
I think the little nano Eachine H1 is using also the same RF IC, not 100% sure about this model.

Of those 3 I only have the L6052, and it doesn't bind. What is needed to be 100% sure the 8801 uses this incompatible chip, that makes adding it to Deviation so much harder? Or is there a way to increase RTF radio output, as to extend range? Adding a wire antenna to the board, and having the RTF transmitter antenna stick out of the transmitter casing has been reported to not add any range.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2015 20:52 by IndoorFlyer.

More
19 Aug 2015 21:12 #37051 by SeByDocKy
You can add the Mould King 33041 with a LT5910 (a M0 ARM + LT8910 combo chip)

More
22 Aug 2015 09:37 #37128 by btoschi
And the CX033 Nano from 'CX Model' (which I got for 10 bucks from a german ebay seller).
The (CX-10-alike) transmitter contains a small RF PCB with the LT8910 which could be easily hooked up to a devo.
I already have plans to re-use the CYRF connection on the multi-module for that, but I have no spare time at the moment.

More
22 Aug 2015 09:54 #37129 by IndoorFlyer
That sounds promising. I hope you will have some more spare time soon.

More
22 Aug 2015 09:59 #37131 by btoschi
I hope that, too.
But in fact I'm heavily involved in renovating our new home the next few months,
and what's left of me at the end of the days is (at least currently) no longer able to solder or program or trying to think logic ;)

More
22 Aug 2015 10:15 #37134 by IndoorFlyer

btoschi wrote: I hope that, too.
But in fact I'm heavily involved in renovating our new home the next few months,
and what's left of me at the end of the days is (at least currently) no longer able to solder or program or trying to think logic ;)

It's all about setting priorities. What's more important, your home, or helping out many RC fans all over the world, and becoming their hero? :D

More
09 Nov 2015 15:42 - 19 Nov 2015 21:28 #39774 by HubieKimber
Replied by HubieKimber on topic 8801 "LuLa" Nano quadcopter Devo support requested
As per my experience with it adding a new protocol requires the data sent to the quad. The 8801 would need to use a supported radio chip, and we need access to the data sent to the chip.
Actually it comes from captures of the SPI bus data on the radio chip provided by someone with both the quad and a logic analyzer.
Also you must try binding with some of the current microquad protocols on the chance it uses one of them.

prototype pcb assembly
Last edit: 19 Nov 2015 21:28 by HubieKimber.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds