DSM binding problems

More
19 Nov 2015 06:26 #40202 by vlad_vy
DSM binding problems was created by vlad_vy
Probably we need to remove failsafe setup for DSM protocols. I don't see any other changes that can disrupt binding for third party and integrated receivers.

www.deviationtx.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=647

bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/comm...2d9c04606cae76aaa149

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2015 06:40 #40205 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic DSM binding problems
I'm pretty sure that's not it. I just bound my new UMX B-17G using DSMX with no issues.

I wasn't running the latest nightly, but my custom-dfuse build. That is the latest nightly plus changes for FrSky telemetry and the custom bootloader support. The only thing that looks like it might be an issue is upping the size of the gui_label_t array from 20 to 24 in pages/128x64x1/guiobj.h around line 132. Everything else is either FrSky or telemetry specific, except for changing the base address for the 7e. None of that looks like it should affect binding.

I think it's equally likely that this is something 7E specific, but I can't test that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
24 Nov 2015 17:35 - 24 Nov 2015 17:36 #40339 by mike_j
Replied by mike_j on topic DSM binding problems
I've added an update to the bug tracker for this.
I can't bind with DSMX protocol to a standalone Lemon RX DSMX 8 Channel PPM receiver on the latest nightly. Binding with DSM2 works fine. Binding with DSMX works fine on release 4.0.1.

Is there anything I can do to help narrow the cause of this problem down? Preferably before I integrate the receiver into my latest build! :)
Last edit: 24 Nov 2015 17:36 by mike_j.

More
02 Jan 2016 05:34 - 02 Jan 2016 18:07 #41298 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic DSM binding problems
Sorry for the late reply... I've NEVER got ANY lemon rx to bind with my 7E in DSMX mode, always have to use DSM2. Orange and spectrum I can use in dsmx no issues but not lemon.

I have one of the brand new lemons pre-ordered, I also have a devo 10 arriving tomorrow so I can see if the new one works in dsmx and also if it's only a 7E thing. If you've made any progress I'd be interested to hear about it, that always bothered me...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 02 Jan 2016 18:07 by Cereal_Killer.

More
02 Jan 2016 23:33 #41325 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic DSM binding problems
Ditto, I cant bind any Lemonrx to an 8s or 10 either in DSMX mode, I wrote it off to something I may have been doing wrong, as it bound in DSM2 and its just small quads & foamies I never bothered to investigate further.

Adelaide

More
03 Jan 2016 00:16 #41326 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic DSM binding problems
The rx ( an Spektrum A3174, DSMX) from my Blade Mach 25 will only bind properly, if I turn off telemetry first, bind, then turn the telemetry back on...
If not done so, the orange LED will flicker.

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
04 Jan 2016 02:22 #41362 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic DSM binding problems
Another bit of interesting info:

Using a LemonRx Satellite receiver with a Naze32 running CleanFlight (and NOT running a full RX, the SAT wired direct to the flight controller over serial) I CAN bind the lemon sat in DSMX mode but that's the only way I've ever got a good bind with a Lemon running DSMX mode.

Anyone else noticed this? The CleanFlight CLI command is SET SPEKTRUM_SAT_BIND=9 to force dsmx @ 22ms frame rate

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds