Is HolyStone Predator = Wltoys V252 old version?

More
28 Nov 2015 01:00 #40452 by Unihiron
I came across something interesting on Amazon called the HolyStone Predator Quadcopter.
www.amazon.com/Holy-Predator-Quadcopter-...s=holystone+predator

I then noticed something familiar about it. It looked a lot like a WLTOYS V252! (The older version that people say flies really well) Follow this link and scroll down and you see a picture that looks like the HolyStone Predator I've also attached the pictures as well for easy comparison on the forum.
www.wl-toys.com/V252-parts-Only-V252-Bod...-V252-parts-635.html

My ultimate question of the day is..can someone confirm that the HolyStone is a rebrand of the WLToys model? If that is true, then that means it's deviation compatible!!! I have heard this version of the V252 is the one to get and I have been looking for it. Any comments or input would be helpful.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2015 07:05 #40458 by mwm
Sorry, but your assumption is wrong. Since the protocol is set by software, not hardware, a "rebrand" can change the protocol as easily as it changes the body graphics. You provide a different firmware image to flash, just like you'd provide a different body artwork image to print (assuming that "printing" is the right verb here).

Given that some manufacturers change protocols as part of the model upgrade process, or apparently even between Tx-Ready and RTF versions - this should come as no surprise.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 Nov 2015 05:45 - 29 Nov 2015 05:46 #40473 by Unihiron
Thanks for your response. Hopefully time will tell if someone buys one to try out. If not then so be it. It was just an observation. I'm thinking of buying the original bfn wltoys quad... Not sure for its high price they are asking for though.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2015 05:46 by Unihiron.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds