Flysky AFHDS 2A, protocol as used i10, i6, iT4,

More
29 May 2016 13:02 - 29 May 2016 14:05 #49491 by goebish
Thanks, that's really kind of you, I wasn't asking so much :P That's not my intention to keep them, I'll send them back to you when I'm done.

Fernandez (or anyone else wanting to update without an actual transmitter), do you have a ST-Link V2 as well so I can send you an updated iA6B firmware and instructions to update yours (after I've checked that this method actually works) ?
Last edit: 29 May 2016 14:05 by goebish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2016 13:27 #49493 by john
i saw firmware ia6b posted page 3, so what is feature new update ?

More
29 May 2016 13:32 - 29 May 2016 13:37 #49494 by goebish
Seems the new firmware has RSSI in dBm, Noise, and SNR telemetry.
Note that I still have to implement those in Deviation ;)

I think all RXs are using the same firmware as they're all using the same MCU (STM32F031) and storing one firmware per RX would take too much space in the transmitter flash, but that's only an assumption.

Also, I'll have to add a telemetry type as FrSky telemetry doesn't have Noise, SNR, error rate... that means quite a bit of code as I'll have to code telemetry monitor pages for every screen formats (7e/10, 8, AT9 ...).
Last edit: 29 May 2016 13:37 by goebish.

More
29 May 2016 14:45 #49501 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Flysky AFHDS 2A, protocol as used i10, i6, iT4,
Yes I have got an ST limk laying around, never used it yet though.
Need it for my ultimate 7e.

I also think ia6 and Ia10 could be the same possibly just 4 outputs pins not connected to header for ia6.

More
29 May 2016 14:47 - 29 May 2016 14:48 #49503 by goebish
Ok, I'll PM you with files and instructions (just 2 wires to solder) once I've checked if it works.

And yeah, that's what I think as well ;)

Meanwhile, I'll try to add failsafe.
Last edit: 29 May 2016 14:48 by goebish.

More
More
30 May 2016 00:18 #49531 by dc59

Evil Pusher wrote: @dc59 - did you tried the [update] button on the receivers itself? Perhaps this my start an RX update....

I'm now using a hacked 10ch FW on my FS-I6 , could it be possible to upgrade my RX via this FW?

More
30 May 2016 00:21 #49532 by dc59
@goebish

Is it possible to upgrade my IA6B RX FW via ST-Link ?
How can I check my IA6B RX FW version?
Thanks. :)

More
30 May 2016 07:18 - 30 May 2016 07:25 #49541 by goebish
I think it is possible but let me check first ;)
I've no idea how to check the current version, all I can say is that it is prior to 1.6 if it displays 0d for RSSI with my current test build.
Last edit: 30 May 2016 07:25 by goebish.

More
30 May 2016 09:31 #49552 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Flysky AFHDS 2A, protocol as used i10, i6, iT4,
With the Eachine EB185, there is this FlySky RX....

File Attachment:

Maybe it can be upgraded to support RSSI telemetry ?

More
30 May 2016 13:19 #49564 by Evil Pusher
Replied by Evil Pusher on topic Flysky AFHDS 2A, protocol as used i10, i6, iT4,
@SeByDocKy

Eachine EB185 ? Does it support any Telemetry to TX? I guess no, can´t see any in the product movie for the Eachine Falcon 180 FPV? There is telemetry by FPV / OSM.....

So this could be any thing like the "Monstertronic Invader" (likewise BigSharkfly X8, flying3D X8 asf). This copters do use direct data exchange between FC and RX. Can´t say witch kind of protocol / communication type.... :dry:

Only I know - for the Monsteronic Invader, there is an transfer for the GPS data, wich is displayed in the "looks like" FS-i6 TX (called MT-i6).
For Sharkfly, the "look like i6"- TX is called TY-Q7.
Got it: B) Your TX is called Eachine i6...........
Other RTF copters do use "Quanum TX - without any display, so without telemetry................so the list of differnet Flysky AFHDS 2A protocols becomes longer and longer............

I guess, this different RX and TX are using different kind of FW. So this is hard to verify. I tested the MT-i6 from Monstertronic. And it will bind to the Turngiy AFHDS 2A (iA6, iA6B, and iA10).BUT: The TGY-sensor are NOT displayed, when binded on an Turnigy RX................. Thats all i know.

Does anyone knows more about? - The GPS option would be nice. :) In the manual for Turnigy i10 was written about Telemetry for GPS, barometric pressure - and you will find out, they telling us, there are already ESC´s wich provides telemetry - BUT: can´t find any........... :( - Also the HK support was asked by me - there are only the well known sensors (temp, voltage, rpm.....).

At the end of the day I would recommend, to take care for the main telemetry first, before mixing with the OEM´s asf........... Flysky, Turnigy, Carson gives more than enough differences to work on..........

PERHAPS, your RX will bind, cause it´s AFHDS 2A, but transmitting the telemetry data, using s.bus, ibus and all the other options like update by air..................???.

D.I.Y. or die

More
30 May 2016 13:22 - 30 May 2016 16:10 #49565 by goebish

SeByDocKy wrote: With the Eachine EB185, there is this FlySky RX....

Maybe it can be upgraded to support RSSI telemetry ?

If it has a STM32F031 MCU and is using the same pinout than "official" RXs, then probably yes.
...or DIY firmware, but that's another project, nothing to do with Deviation ;)
Last edit: 30 May 2016 16:10 by goebish.

More
30 May 2016 16:02 #49574 by goebish
As Evil Pusher said, can you already check if it binds with my test firmware please ?

More
31 May 2016 00:07 #49602 by dc59
@goebish
My Ultimate 7E is back, install c5dd9fc test build, I can get RX voltage from telemetry page, but I found 2 bugs.
1, If I go into protocol option page, then I can't exit model setup page anymore, just turn power off, it could be reproduced.
2, I change setting of timer1(BOX2) to telemetry V1 and timer2(BOX3) to telemetry RSSI , but it seems can't save it to TX properly , every time I reboot my TX, the setting always being changed , V1 or RSSI will disapeared sometime, would you please take a look?

More
31 May 2016 00:11 #49603 by dc59
@Evil Pusher
I tried to update my IA6B but it failed.
I pressed update button when I bind IA6B to my FS-I6 TX, nothing happened. :oops:
I tried to press update button then I powered RX, it will not bind to TX.

More
31 May 2016 06:48 #49611 by goebish

dc59 wrote: 1, If I go into protocol option page, then I can't exit model setup page anymore, just turn power off, it could be reproduced.
2, I change setting of timer1(BOX2) to telemetry V1 and timer2(BOX3) to telemetry RSSI , but it seems can't save it to TX properly , every time I reboot my TX, the setting always being changed , V1 or RSSI will disapeared sometime, would you please take a look?

Sorry, those are bugs of the current nightly (already in the bugtracker), not protocol bugs ;)

More
31 May 2016 07:17 #49612 by Evil Pusher
Replied by Evil Pusher on topic Flysky AFHDS 2A, protocol as used i10, i6, iT4,
@dc59

:( - sounds bad.

Please, let us know what you did more detailed.
- You´re using an TX i6 (patched 10 ch firmware) - right?
- Did you tried to do the update by ST-Link, when TX was switched on? So perhaps the communication was wrong, cause the RX iA6B was blocked by this communication - this is just an assumption :unsure:
- what will happen, if you downgrade your i6 TX to "default" firmware?

Sorry, I can´t test this, cause my ST-Link is still on the way to my house, I do not have an i6 Tx and my last iA6B receiver is right now on the way to goebish.

Let us know.

Greetings.

D.I.Y. or die

More
31 May 2016 08:18 #49615 by dc59

goebish wrote: Sorry, those are bugs of the current nightly (already in the bugtracker), not protocol bugs ;)

Thanks Goebish, I didn't check bug tracker first........ :oops:

More
31 May 2016 08:30 #49616 by dc59
@Evil Pusher

- You´re using an TX i6 (patched 10 ch firmware) - right?
Yes, that's correct.

- Did you tried to do the update by ST-Link, when TX was switched on? So perhaps the communication was wrong, cause the RX iA6B was blocked by this communication - this is just an assumption :unsure:
I have ST-Link USB , but I don't know to update firmware by ST-Link, and where can I download v1.6 FW?

- what will happen, if you downgrade your i6 TX to "default" firmware?
I will report result after testing.

Thanks ! :)

More
31 May 2016 08:40 #49617 by goebish

dc59 wrote: I have ST-Link USB , but I don't know to update firmware by ST-Link, and where can I download v1.6 FW?

I'll extract it when I receive it then make an utility program to change the RX ID.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds