New FrSkyX protocol

More
12 Nov 2017 04:21 #65760 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol

Wene001 wrote: With Mikes changes my FrskyX telemetry is working reliable in International and LBT Mode.
Hope this works in Deviation, too...

This change fixes the LBT telemetry with my XSR. Wene001, are you able to test on an aircraft? I'd like to make sure the control link is not affected before making a pull request, but my XSR is not installed at the moment. Test build is here .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2017 23:04 - 12 Nov 2017 23:49 #65773 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Great work!
Hope to find time for testing in the next days.

EDIT:
Made a short workbench test with a X6R in LBT Mode.
Link quality and telemetry stability looks fine now.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2017 23:49 by Wene001.

More
17 Nov 2017 23:25 #65955 by hexfet
I made something to test it on the bench. Both PPM and SBUS outputs are fine. Pull request submitted.

More
18 Nov 2017 18:06 #65975 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Went out flying today, I confirm telemetry is reliable for XSR in LBT, thanks.;)

More
24 Dec 2017 22:54 #66603 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I think i have mentioned sometimes before, but when swapping an SBUS RX D series frsky to SBUS X series Rx, just a re-bind is not enough.
To get 1000-2000 range, for D series, all scales must be at 125% for X series scales can be default 100%.
If we could adapt D-series protoco to same scales as X series protocol would be nice.

More
07 Jan 2018 20:51 #66758 by Fernandez
Hi guys, it is pretty easy to connect smart port telemetry in Betaflight on a F4 flight controller board using softserial f.i. ppm or led pin. You do not anylonger need to solder a wire to an univerted point at the pcb, as by cli command you can se inverted or uninverted telemetry.

But I am having hard times configuring deviation Frsky telemetry.

When checking U7E Transmitter telemetry monitor in U7E yes telemtry kicks in and I read as below, do we have a description what values are in the boxes?
In my case :

row1 82d 5.20V 0V
row2 200020 0v 0v
row3 0v 0v 0v
row4 0r 5.00V 0V
row5 0% 0V 0V
row6 0m 10.7V 0V
row7 0m 0m 0m
row8 47 -38d

ok then next question I go to Model > Main page Config > I select TelemVAmp and doing that I get 10.7 displayed on my tx main page, battery voltage of an empty 3s pack. Yes!

So now I want to setup an alarm for Battery voltage, I got to models telemetry config and want to select TelemVAmp, but hey it is not there can't select this?

Any input guys how do you use telemtry trila and error all fields? It would allready make a lot easier as we can see the value in telemetry config and set the alert same window? So could we not combine Telemetry monitor and Telemetry config under models?

Any ideas?

More
07 Jan 2018 22:10 #66759 by hexfet
The description of the telemetry test page is in manual section 10.15 . The U7e display is same as Devo 10.

The name difference is due to having both long and short names. Details are in telemetry/telem_frsky.c. Probably should be in the manual, but it's not complicated.
TelemV<x> = Volt<x>
TelemT<x> = Temp<x>

There's a bug where Volt3 is displayed as Volt5. Will fix presently.

More
07 Jan 2018 22:41 - 07 Jan 2018 22:42 #66760 by Fernandez
Thanks HexFet,
I confirm that it works VoltA has to beselcted in deviation telemetry config, it is the Betaflight Lipo Voltage sent over smartport.
In deviation main page config this is called TelemVAMP.

What is very nice in telemetry config, I see that is implemented a timer feature, so only if telemetry condition is met for set periode of time make the alert, so it should avoid beeping on lipo current sag. The receiver is the new micro XSR-R.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2018 22:42 by Fernandez.

More
02 Feb 2018 18:54 - 02 Feb 2018 18:55 #67366 by antennenfreund
Replied by antennenfreund on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Hello dear friends!

"iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multiprotokoll"

With Frsky receivers there are unfortunately very strong range issues. Me and a friend of mine get a failsave after like 50-100 meters with Frsky!

"FrSky R-XSR Ultra SBUS / CPPM D16 16CH Mini Redundancy Receiver 1.5g for RC Multirotor FPV Racing Drone"

www.banggood.com/FrSky-R-XSR-Ultra-SBUS-...-FPV-Racing-Drone-p- 1186057.html? rmmds = search & cur_warehouse = USA

Does anyone else have the problem?

On "afdhs 2a" there were no range issues so far with an x6b reciever Unfortunately the receiver is too big for some builds.

This is the one: "Flysky X6B 2.4G 6CH i-BUS PPM PWM Receiver for AFHDS i10 i6s i6 i6x i4x Transmitter"

www.banggood.com/Flysky-X6B-2_4G-6CH-i-B...earch&cur_warehouse= USA

Are there any alternative for small recievers with rssi telemetry?

Is it maybe a BUG is the software of "Deviation"? (FrSky)

"iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multiprotokoll"
There is also a problem with the included reciever, it only works in ppm, not sbus or ibus mode. This adds the issue that you cant set up a failsave properly and the quad stays armed, motors spinning so using that is just dangerous.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2018 18:55 by antennenfreund.

More
02 Feb 2018 20:22 #67368 by Fernandez
No problem Frsky gives an excellent range. Did you try to tune the frequncy fine tune setting in protocol options?
Keep your RX-TX antenna at fixeddistance don't move. (fi 1m between them) try multiple bind and find the max and min bind, than set the Freq tune in the middle.

More
03 Feb 2018 17:41 #67379 by antennenfreund
Replied by antennenfreund on topic New FrSkyX protocol

Fernandez wrote: No problem Frsky gives an excellent range. Did you try to tune the frequncy fine tune setting in protocol options?
Keep your RX-TX antenna at fixeddistance don't move. (fi 1m between them) try multiple bind and find the max and min bind, than set the Freq tune in the middle.

Thanks for the answer. I have already done that before. There are problems with Frsky!

More
24 Feb 2018 03:19 #67727 by Blade81
Replied by Blade81 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Hi, i also difficulty binding r-xsr to my t8sg. Rx shows 3 steady lights when i power up while holding bind button. Tried bind but it doesnt do anything. Lights still the same. Reboot both and rx goes into red blinking and blue steady lights. Tried binding again no joy too. A 2nd r-xsr also same issue. I bind to XSR n XM+ w/o any issue.
Can anyone advise?

More
24 Feb 2018 05:35 #67728 by CesiumSalami
Replied by CesiumSalami on topic New FrSkyX protocol
FWIW- I’ve been using an R-XSR with my Devo7e for a while without issue. I think i used the fine freq adjust though (but i can’t totally remember - i find the high/low boundary that allows for binding and then set to the middle of that).

I don’t really notice a range difference between my Devo7e and Taranis X9D+ SE...

More
25 Feb 2018 01:01 #67753 by Blade81
Replied by Blade81 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Juz to update i resolve the issue. I was confused by the led that the rx wasnt bound. Which was infact bound but freq not tune.

More
14 Mar 2018 00:02 #68050 by compman2
Replied by compman2 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Has there been any thought about supporting a full 16 channels on the frsky x protocol. I have run into a couple of situations where it would have been nice to have more than 12 channels.

computer nerd, hobby collector, proud father

More
14 Mar 2018 12:31 #68057 by hexfet

compman2 wrote: Has there been any thought about supporting a full 16 channels on the frsky x protocol. I have run into a couple of situations where it would have been nice to have more than 12 channels.

This jogged a memory . Test builds available with 16 channels on FrskyX.

More
14 Mar 2018 13:06 #68059 by compman2
I will give the test build a try. What date of nightly's is this based on? Any plans to incorporate this back into the main?

More
15 Mar 2018 00:13 #68068 by hexfet
My test builds are generally mostly up-to-date with the latest nightly. I'll make a pull request after the changes are complete. The change will go into the nightly builds if approved. Test results from the forum will help gain approval :)

More
15 Mar 2018 13:39 #68090 by compman2
I have a 12e and a Ultimate7e that I will try this on. Running quads with Betaflight and iNav where the extra channels would be nice. I can verify them from the betaflight console and iNav console and then map some switches on the extra channels to see if they work correctly.

More
18 Mar 2018 07:25 - 18 Mar 2018 07:40 #68174 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
@hexfet
Great work as always

I ve tested 16 Channel TestBuild with my Devo12s and 4in1

Tested with an Genuine X6R in EU Mode and a RX8R in FCC Mode.(tested in normal and 9-16Ch Mode)
Both S.Bus and Servo Outputs work fine with no jitter.
Signal seems stable, no problems with telemetry (in both EU and FCC)

Thanks
Last edit: 18 Mar 2018 07:40 by Wene001.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds