Dromida Verso Protocol (LT8910)

More
07 Mar 2016 20:12 #44232 by bugman72
Dromida Verso Protocol (LT8910) was created by bugman72
Was hoping that this quad was just a rebranding of the Eachines CG023 and would work with my Devo 7E. After posting pics of the quad's board, Goebish has determined that it is using the LT8910 chip. This is a great little quad and would love nothing more than to be able to fly it with my 7E.

After an unfortunate event of flying at my LHS and losing my 1st Verso, buying a 2nd that had some inverted flight issues and Hobbico sending me a replacment, I now have a total of three controllers for this quad. I would gladly donate at least one of the three to someone if it would help in possibly being able to extract and replicate the signal for use in Deviation.

I know nothing about the process of doing this, so my best personal contribution to the advancement of the protocol is to donate the radio to the cause. If anyone is willing and able to attempt this, PM me your shipping address and I'll send it right out to you.

I'll include the pics that I posted in the CG023 thread as well.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2016 00:15 #44239 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Dromida Verso Protocol (LT8910)
Make a photo of the radio insides as well.

More
08 Mar 2016 13:37 #44257 by bugman72
Replied by bugman72 on topic Dromida Verso Protocol (LT8910)
Here are pics of the TX chip. It appears to indeed be an LT8910. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :)
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2016 15:27 #44269 by victzh
It is pretty easy to solder to.

More
08 Mar 2016 16:43 #44275 by bugman72
As I mentioned in my OP, I unfortunately don't have the knowledge to do all of the voodoo needed to possibly developed a working protocol. I'll gladly donate the controller to anyone who thinks they can do what needs to be done. I know that Goebish thought that the NRF could possibly emulate the protocol.

More
08 Mar 2016 20:21 #44278 by victzh
It depends. LT8910 has data rates incompatible with nRF24 (in contrast to LT8900, which has the same data rates). If this protocol uses such rates it can't be emulated by nRF24, but probably can by CC2500. The problem is CC2500 is much more flexible and complex chip, but no one had positive emulation experience with it. I have a candidate to try - L6052, it uses one of these incompatible data rates - 62.5kbps.

More
08 Mar 2016 20:26 #44279 by bugman72
So, would YOU like to have the radio to mess around with? Or do you think you can do what you need to with what you have? I'll gladly ship it to you, if you're interested.

More
08 Mar 2016 20:35 #44281 by victzh
Now I'm doing S-FHSS which is much more requested - it's a line, not a particular model. It uses CC2500, so I'm accumulating experience and I hope to be fluent enough with it by the end of the project. So I may try L6052 for which I have both TX and model, which I already have traced and even roughly reversed protocol, the only problem is emulation.

Some other people here already succeeded in emulation LT8900 which your model can be compatible with - as long as it does not use these data rates. May be your TX is more useful for these people - ask Pascal @planger in this thread www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel.../5426-lt8900-support .

More
08 Mar 2016 21:40 #44284 by bugman72
Just posted in that thread as well. Thank you! I wonder...since there was some question as to whether they were using an 8900 or 8910 chip, if I could try using the emulation that was posted for the motorcycle and sea if by some chance it would work with my quadcopter.

Any quick info/link on how to implement that into my radio (Nightly build)?

More
08 Mar 2016 21:58 #44285 by victzh
It's a bit more complicated than this. There is a radio chip which has some characteristics - modulation type, data rate, packet format, address structure, CRC etc etc. There are 4 main chips used in RC models which are largely incompatible with each other by these characteristics, that is why all of them are needed to control the majority of models. There are rare chips - e.g. chip used in Futaba FASST series. And there are clones - exact or extended. The most popular chip to clone is nRF24L01 - majority of clones are based on design of this chip. Some are compatible clones - Beken, for instance. Some are incompatible - XN297, LT8900, LT8910. They need some emulation of the packet structure, but they use mostly the same modulation, and sometimes data rate.

And there are protocols - data format passed over these physical radio links - there are many of them. Some are broad - DSM2/DSMX, FlySky, FrSky, SLT etc - they're implemented in serious TXs and RXs as well as in Deviation.

And there are single model protocols which people excited about - they're used in cheap toys but there are myriads of them.

Your case needs both - emulation of LT8900 (almost done in mentioned thread), or LT8910 (not even started), and protocol implementation. Even if your model uses LT8900 compatible data rate it's not enough, someone needs to analyze the protocol and implement it.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds