Modelco mini 8

More
21 Jul 2016 17:50 - 21 Jul 2016 18:44 #51961 by naude
Modelco mini 8 was created by naude
Hi everyone I have this nice little drone that I would like to work with my Devo 7e. The protocol you are already there?
I enclose a photo of the drone and the radio chipset.

Drone => http://hpics.li/52bf478

Chipset => http://hpics.li/c780744
Last edit: 21 Jul 2016 18:44 by naude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2016 17:22 #52014 by jjk836
Replied by jjk836 on topic Modelco mini 8
If you have the nrf chip installed I would give the bayang protocol a try. But that's only a guess.

My ini file repository bitbucket.org/jjk836/devo10

More
22 Jul 2016 17:36 #52016 by naude
Replied by naude on topic Modelco mini 8
I just tried to time it does not work.

More
22 Jul 2016 22:39 #52028 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Modelco mini 8
In that case, try the other protocols on the list of supported protocols that use the NRF chip: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_protocols .

Be warned that the manufacturers of cheap drones tend to tweak the protocols for seemingly arbitrary reasons, so it may bind and work but need channels moved or reversed or some of the bit-wide channels they piggyback onto control channels may be broken or ....

Anyway, take the props off before testing these things. At least then the worst thing you can do is burn out the motors.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
23 Jul 2016 07:35 #52045 by naude

mwm wrote: In that case, try the other protocols on the list of supported protocols that use the NRF chip: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_protocols .

Be warned that the manufacturers of cheap drones tend to tweak the protocols for seemingly arbitrary reasons, so it may bind and work but need channels moved or reversed or some of the bit-wide channels they piggyback onto control channels may be broken or ....

Anyway, take the props off before testing these things. At least then the worst thing you can do is burn out the motors.

Hi everyone, I just tried all the available protocol, none works! I have tested all one by one nothing works.

More
23 Jul 2016 15:31 #52051 by mwm
If you know it has an nRF24l01 in it, than that means it hasn't been reversed yet. And we need captures of the traffic between the MCU and the RF module to do that. If you're not sure what RF module it has in it, then you need to crack the transmitter open to see (and to get the capture). If you're not sure how to tell, post pictures here with the printing on the chips legible.

More
23 Jul 2016 17:29 - 23 Jul 2016 17:30 #52057 by naude

mwm wrote: If you know it has an nRF24l01 in it, than that means it hasn't been reversed yet. And we need captures of the traffic between the MCU and the RF module to do that. If you're not sure what RF module it has in it, then you need to crack the transmitter open to see (and to get the capture). If you're not sure how to tell, post pictures here with the printing on the chips legible.

I've open the radio and the picture is in the first post.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2016 17:30 by naude.

More
24 Jul 2016 13:32 #52089 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Modelco mini 8
This one uses our new friend, the LT8910 chip.

So get some captures.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
24 Jul 2016 16:12 - 24 Jul 2016 16:31 #52096 by naude

Deal57 wrote: This one uses our new friend, the LT8910 chip.

So get some captures.

This is a new chip! The problem is that I have no equipment to perform a capture and is not the knowledge to do it. I hope someone can do it for us.

www.datasheetspdf.com/PDF/LT8910/904972/4
Last edit: 24 Jul 2016 16:31 by naude.

More
25 Jul 2016 04:16 #52114 by mwm
Well, the cheapest way all around is for you to buy the hardware and do it yourself. You need an 8Channel 24Mhz logic analyzer, preferably Salea compatible. Those cost about $10 on ebay. You could use the Salea software, since they give it away, but they expect you to use their hardware, and PB frowns on that. Sigrok is free, but not as easy to use and not really well-supported on Windows.

For someone else to do it, they're going to have to buy one. Unless you have a friendly member close enough who can do it for you. For someone to buy one, it'd help to have URL to buy one from, preferably from a vendor used to dealing with the world. All I could find were european sites.

And now a blatant plug. I run a service to do such things for people who aren't interested in doing them. You have to become a patreon ( www.patreon.com/mwm ) and basically subscribe at a level where I can afford to buy an RTF version of the drone. The prices there are high enough paying for one - whether to me or someone else buying one to do it - just to get the captures seems pretty steep. Unless there's something non-obvious going on. Do a lot of aircraft use the same protocol, for instance?

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds