Help on getting SPI

More
18 Aug 2016 01:13 - 18 Aug 2016 05:00 #52856 by Tradecrafter
Help on getting SPI was created by Tradecrafter
I've bought one Saleae Logic, in order to capture TX data from an FQ777 Quad to make an receiver for his radio controller, on the Controller board there is two fields with microchips soldered, one of them are alone with direct connection with the antenna, it has 16 pins on it, and no names...
the other ones are distant from the antenna , but one of them has 8 pins, like Mosi, Miso...

please can anyone give some directions on how to do this ?

i had measured the voltage on every pin on the 16 pins microchip, near to the antenna, and got many readings, 3,3v, 1,79v, 0,90v... i found that has two gnd readings.

Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Aug 2016 05:00 by Tradecrafter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2016 02:56 #52858 by Tradecrafter
Replied by Tradecrafter on topic Help on getting SPI
on the drone board has the same 16 pin microchip near the same red antenna, on the downside has 4 pins named GND, VDD, DIO and CLK

Attachments:

More
18 Aug 2016 08:10 #52864 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Help on getting SPI
The first step is to find out what the major integrated circuits are. Then you can check the data sheet and see what kind of communications the RF module use. That will tell you which pins you want to use.

You will be looking for digital logic values (that's what the salea reads). Checking voltages won't help with those. Chances are you'll want to watch the miso and mosi lines, as well as a clock and chip select. Put probes from the salea on each of those and ground, then run a capture while you bind the two radios and see if you've got data that looks like an SPI interchange. But until you have the data sheet for the RF module, that won't do you much good.

If you're not familiar with SPI, sparkfun had a nice overview: learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
18 Aug 2016 13:49 #52873 by Tradecrafter
Replied by Tradecrafter on topic Help on getting SPI
yeah man, i was hoping that someone here could know this microchip brand/name...

More
19 Aug 2016 12:50 #52898 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Help on getting SPI
Can you get a picture that shows the text on the chips?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds