Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008

More
29 Sep 2016 17:09 - 29 Sep 2016 21:47 #54401 by Humanntrst
Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008 was created by Humanntrst
Whatever you want to call it there was quite the buzz on this little guy all over YouTube so as soon as Banggood restocked (Recieved 11/28/16) it I ordered and just as my luck would have it, doesn't bind to the (green) option under CX10 protocol; I searched the forum for further info on this quad and there is not that much. I will try and get some pix up tonight.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

It gets great reviews on the website and on the R/C forum but to me it is uncontrollable with the stock transmitter. Maybe I am just to spoiled by the great control ability the the devo gives. I will give it two thumbs up for looks though and I am very much a fan of the speed from this little guy.

For some cons; using the stock controller in low rates the aileron is almost non existent and will not help if you get into trouble in a sharp turn. In mid rates the quad flys very well except for the throttle and its quirkiness hard to keep it on any horizontal plane its always up or down adjusting for any particular level of flight. (again maybe its me being spoiled). Cant fly with high rate at all indoors dont ask me how I know quad was all over the place (mostly on the ground after a crash) :silly:

I will do my part and try to get spi for this and the other three quads that I have that didn't bind; however, its gonna be awhile ordering a analyzer from china. So to anyone that can help I'll be needing it in the near future
Last edit: 29 Sep 2016 21:47 by Humanntrst. Reason: Insert image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2016 22:08 #54413 by Humanntrst
Replied by Humanntrst on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008
I am also curious if the chipset used in the OEM transmitter is what is the determining factor in which module installed in our Devo's that will control the R/C vehicle? At the moment I only have the nrf module installed in my devo.

The chipset in the OEM transmitter has these markings on the bottom
( Fanjie )
FJ-SCMK-1
And on the top: NST LT8910SSC
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Vcc, ground, miso... are clearly marked so when my hardware (analyzer) gets here I shouldn't have any problems attaching correctly to the tx but as I said earlier this is all foreign to me so I'll be looking for help any and all are appreciated.

More
14 Nov 2016 18:25 #55928 by flarkopter
Replied by flarkopter on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008
Hi there, got two of these, both with the same board. (Different coloured remotes, tho).
Would be great to be flying these with the Devo. Potential great flyer but the #(&*$ original remote...
Any progress yet?!

More
17 Dec 2016 23:43 #56924 by Caerus
Replied by Caerus on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008
I got mine yesterday and it wouldn't bind to the deviation Hui Ying protocol (CX10 Green). I opened everything up and the FC board is still printed HY-853. The TX is 851? I'm puzzled. Note the TX chip size slot in the board. Heh. Woulda been a much easier SPI capture, so I was disappointed to see that. It's now a direct connect between the MCU and antenna/crystal oscillator. Toy quads. Start out with all the bells and whistles and slowly whittle everything down to the bare minimum. Just a few months after yours it's now bare bones. 3 motor wires disconnected lifting the FC up with practically no force. That's a new one.

I'm no electronics guru. I can hook up probes and the logic analyzer to MCU pins and see what I get. There's less separation now without a TX chip going to exact pins. Not sure if the data will be mixed with other functions. Might be better to go to the RX.

Here's a pic of each. Humanntrst, this is the sort of detail you need in your pics if you want anything done here. I'd really like to see traces from the TX chip to the MCU. So can you get a detailed shot of the other side of the TX board, and which traces are MISO/GND/Voltage? It's an awesome little quad, but the stock TX is easily one of the worst. The controls are so stiff and non-linear. Feels like 2 pop-o-matic bubbles. I've posted this on RCGroups as well. We'll see if we can get somewhere. Still waiting on a new Yi Zhan X4 to do SPI captures. I broke the first with a cheap rubbish soldering iron. Got a great one now so I'd like to work on this.
Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2016 02:19 - 18 Dec 2016 04:15 #56926 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008
I'm afraid that you won't get anything useful with a logic analyzer as both RX and TX are using RF core built into the MCU (no external SPI bus)...
That makes a lighter, less complex and probably less expensive design, which is a good thing, especially on the RX, but that makes our lives harder ;)
The RX part has "PAN" in the marking, so it's probably XN297L compatible (Panchip), one would have to try to sniff the TX "in the air", with an Arduino + nrf24l01, not that easy without knowing any parameters (address, bitrate, frequency, whitening ...), and/or use a SDR solution ...
Last edit: 18 Dec 2016 04:15 by goebish.

More
18 Dec 2016 02:37 #56927 by goebish
@Humanntrst yours is using a LT8910, it's still not emulated in Deviation, victzh told it should be possible to emulate it with the CC2500 some time ago, but I think nothing has been done in this way yet, and I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

More
18 Dec 2016 03:38 #56928 by goebish
@Caerus, where and when did you get yours ?
Sounds like an interesting challenge ;)

More
18 Dec 2016 04:21 #56929 by Caerus
Thanks for the quick reply goebish. Appreciate it. Sucks about the quad though, cos the TX is truly awful. I have the gimbals from the broken Yi Zhan X4, let's see what happens when I solder them in :).

Do you know if any vendors will source early versions upon request? Prolly a silly question but just thought I'd ask. I'm a bit over getting quads that aren't/can't be deviated any more. At least I can now start picking up new models. I suppose they're the most likely to be deviated at some point. Thanks again.

More
18 Dec 2016 04:35 #56930 by Caerus
Oh.. ok! Happy it peaks your interest. Ordered December 1st from Banggood. I'm more than happy to pay for the donor. No need for personal details. If you use bitcoin PM me an address. Not sure how often you actually fly but you'd really like this one. Unlike most I think the look is errrr....10 year olds would love it :) I got it based on opinion.

More
18 Dec 2016 11:46 - 18 Dec 2016 11:49 #56940 by goebish
Ok, I've (back)ordered one, let's hope it's the same version.
I've never used bitcoins, but if you want to show your support, that's here:
www.patreon.com/goebish

Note that I can't promise anything and I already have 4 or 5 protocols to implement before I start working on this one ...
Last edit: 18 Dec 2016 11:49 by goebish.

More
18 Dec 2016 11:49 #56941 by planger
Replied by planger on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008

Humanntrst wrote: I am also curious if the chipset used in the OEM transmitter is what is the determining factor in which module installed in our Devo's that will control the R/C vehicle? At the moment I only have the nrf module installed in my devo.

The chipset in the OEM transmitter has these markings on the bottom
( Fanjie )
FJ-SCMK-1
And on the top: NST LT8910SSC

File Attachment:

Vcc, ground, miso... are clearly marked so when my hardware (analyzer) gets here I shouldn't have any problems attaching correctly to the tx but as I said earlier this is all foreign to me so I'll be looking for help any and all are appreciated.

I've written a LT8900 emulator and I would like to see a dump of this little guy to see if they have activated any of the 8910 additional feature. Let me know as soon as you can do a capture.
Pascal

More
19 Dec 2016 17:06 - 19 Dec 2016 17:22 #56994 by Caerus

Ok, I've (back)ordered one, let's hope it's the same version.

Hmmm...re-order :unsure: It should be the same. Having said that, I just got my 'new' Yi Zhan X4 and and it's a green board that binds to my Devo 7e! Heh. They did send me a non-LCD version, so maybe that model isn't updated to the REV:04 FC. Fingers crossed.

I've never used bitcoins, but if you want to show your support, that's here:
www.patreon.com/goebish

Cool. Thanks for the hard work. Edit - Didn't know how it worked. Sent $20, looks like it goes towards next month. I will definitely continue supporting each month cos deviation will benefit me for as long as it's going. I'll have to lower my monthly pledge, but wanted to give you $20 first. Hope that's ok.

Note that I can't promise anything and I already have 4 or 5 protocols to implement before I start working on this one ...

Of course. Anything on top of what I already get with deviation is just a bonus. Are any of those protocols the new JJRC H20/30 mini? If no-one's working on those I'd like to at least get the SPI captures (if possible). I don't need to worry about the Yi Zhan X4 now, but I will still finish the captures (quad wont bind but the MCU still operates)
Last edit: 19 Dec 2016 17:22 by Caerus.

More
19 Dec 2016 17:09 #56995 by goebish
The H20 mini should be easy to add, looks like it's using the same protocol than the H20 but it needs an extra arm channel, I'm looking for some dumps, please post here:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...24-jjrc-h20-hex-quad

More
19 Dec 2016 17:12 #56996 by goebish
... next on my list are Cheerson CX35, CX10D, CX10WD, JJRC H20H.

More
19 Dec 2016 17:29 - 19 Dec 2016 17:31 #56997 by Caerus
Sounds busy! So these new quads. The latest gimmick is altitude hold. Given we're using Devo's without sprung throttles (by default), can that function be turned off so we can still look forward to buying and flying these models. I haven't bought a single one yet because I just don't think I could ever get used to a sprung, centered throttle. I also have no desire to use altitude hold on a small quad. A big expensive one, yes, but not fun little flyers.

The H30 mini binds to the H20 mini controller too. And vice versa obviously. So 2 birds...
Last edit: 19 Dec 2016 17:31 by Caerus.

More
19 Dec 2016 17:31 - 19 Dec 2016 17:33 #56998 by goebish
Altitude hold can be disabled only on some models (eg WLToys Q303).

Caerus wrote: The H30 mini binds to the H20 mini controller too. And vice versa obviously. So 2 birds...

Cool, give me a spi capture with the arm flag, shouldn't be long to add them :)
Last edit: 19 Dec 2016 17:33 by goebish.

More
19 Dec 2016 17:47 #56999 by Caerus
So how would alt. hold function on a Devo without a sprung throttle? Do you have to mod it so both sticks are sprung to fly them? Or is 0% throttle effectively the middle? Push down throttle to 0%, quad hovers? Sorry, last question. I'll let you get back to work now :).

More
19 Dec 2016 17:49 #57000 by goebish
You do not have to add a spring, but for those models neutral throttle is at mid stick position.
Most of them won't arm until you set throttle stick to middle position.

More
15 Jan 2017 13:26 #57973 by goebish
Just a quick follow up, it's still on backorder, bg keeps sending me an email every weeks to ask if I want to wait or if I prefer a refund ... I keep waiting.

More
15 Jan 2017 14:15 #57977 by flarkopter
Replied by flarkopter on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008
As I stated I've got two of these little skullys, wouldn't mind sending one of those plus the transmitter to you, Goebish. I'm living in the Netherlands. Just let me know.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds