Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008

More
20 Mar 2017 08:12 #60398 by lani
Replied by lani on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008
First of all, I greatly appreciate the work done for reverse-engineering this and bringing the protocol available in public! :woohoo:

I am trying to use this with:
* Taranis-plus (latest opentx nightly @ 2017/03/17, multimodule support enabled)
* 4-in-1 multimodule ( www.banggood.com/2_4G-CC2500-A7105-Flysk...tenna-p-1048377.html ). Seems to be Version 1.0 (V1.0). Pic attached.
* The multimodule flashed with DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module software taken from github 2017/03/17, the GW008 prorocol included in the build
* Serial mode enabled in the multimodule by adding the 2.2k and 330 resistors according to github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotoco.../Module_BG_4-in-1.md
* Drone: DM002 from BangGood (pic attached). This one uses the PAN159CY so it should work with GW008 protocol?

The following works:
* I get the GW008 selected in taranis menu
* Bind command from taranis makes the red led start fastblink (bind ongoing)
* Otherwise the led indicates ok serial communication

What does not work:
* They won't bind! The drone is in bind mode, multimodule is in bind mode, but nothing happens.

What have I tried:
* Hardcoding the protocol to GW008 in the init_protocol (?) function in the multimodule SW -> identical functionality as with selecting it in taranis
* Selecting the GW008 by rotary switch, multimodule indicates this is not OK in the serial mode
* Disabling serial in multimodule SW, selecting PPM in taranis and selecting GW008 via dial switch -> no success
* Binding the multimodule with another drone speaking FrSky D16 but no bind happens also there even when multimodule indicates bind mode. In this selection, the bind stops automatically after few seconds, with GW008 it stayed on "forever". The drone has EU LBT, maybe this is the issue? Didn't spend too much time on it.

Any hints?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 09:07 - 20 Mar 2017 09:26 #60403 by Caerus
Replied by Caerus on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008

Danik wrote: Ok. Definetely a newbee to this but I re-installed the new nightly build 3.17.17. Put in Skull drone under Cx10 green and still no bind.

What am I doing wrong? You guys worked so hard to get this up and running

Daniel

There are 3 versions of this quad. The latest (seems to be) Panchip version doesn't use the CX-10 (green) protocol. Goebish did work very hard to get this deviated. Near the end of the protocol list there's a new entry, GW008. If it doesn't work you have the LT8910 version. It isn't deviated, and there are no plans to.

Word of advice, read whole posts first. This is a great community always willing to do what they can for each other, but in this case you already had the answer. Not trying to make you feel unwelcome. In fact, welcome, and good luck :).

lani wrote: First of all, I greatly appreciate the work done for reverse-engineering this and bringing the protocol available in public! :woohoo:
This one uses the PAN159CY so it should work with GW008 protocol?

Yup, that's the right protocol. I don't have an opentx TX so I can't help with the rest. Haven't been here long enough to know if ppl answer non-deviation questions. I would, but I've no clue! :(
Last edit: 20 Mar 2017 09:26 by Caerus.

More
20 Mar 2017 09:45 #60406 by lani

Caerus wrote: Yup, that's the right protocol. I don't have an opentx TX so I can't help with the rest. Haven't been here long enough to know if ppl answer non-deviation questions. I would, but I've no clue! :(

Yeah, I don't blame anyone for sticking to Deviation here.. However as I get my module to bind mode but no further success, I am mostly after why the multiprotocol sw or the GW008 implementation would fail it on my drone. Or, on the other hand, how could my TX software interfere with this sequence.

More
20 Mar 2017 11:05 #60407 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008

lani wrote: * Drone: DM002 from BangGood (pic attached). This one uses the PAN159CY so it should work with GW008 protocol?

No, they're using the same IC, but that doesn't mean they're using the same protocol.
What about the stock transmitter, is it using a xn297L or something else ?

More
20 Mar 2017 11:07 - 21 Mar 2017 01:28 #60408 by goebish

Danik wrote: Ok. Definetely a newbee to this but I re-installed the new nightly build 3.17.17. Put in Skull drone under Cx10 green and still no bind.

Daniel

CX10 green protocol is for the GW008 with a xn297 IC in the quad.
There are 3 revisions of this quad, only 2 are supported by deviation so far.
Have you tried with GW008 protocol ? (near the end of the list)
Last edit: 21 Mar 2017 01:28 by goebish.

More
20 Mar 2017 11:10 #60409 by lani

goebish wrote: What about the stock transmitter, is it using a xn297L or something else ?

XN297LBW 1615. Would you have any bets which protocol should I try then? The stock TX runs the bind when you flip throttle up and down again. Drone is always in bind mode if it loses the signal from TX, the TX instead has to be booted if drone bind is lost.

More
20 Mar 2017 11:18 - 20 Mar 2017 12:08 #60411 by goebish
Ok, if the TX has a xn297L you can use a logic analyzer to capture the spi bus, please read this thread:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...95-spi-capture-guide
Then post links to your captures in a new thread.

Don't expect me to work on it right away tho, I'm already 4 or 5 protocols late and the sun is getting back, so I spend more time flying than hacking :p
Last edit: 20 Mar 2017 12:08 by goebish.

More
20 Mar 2017 11:22 #60412 by goebish
Here's the pinout of the xn297lbw:

Vss = ground, and I need CSN, SCK & DATA.

More
20 Mar 2017 11:28 - 20 Mar 2017 11:28 #60413 by goebish
Have you tried with CX10 protocol + DM007 format option ?
I've no idea if it will work, but that's worth a try ...
Last edit: 20 Mar 2017 11:28 by goebish.

More
20 Mar 2017 11:44 #60414 by lani
Thanks goebish, help highly appreciated - i will get back when I have tried this combination.

More
20 Mar 2017 12:02 - 20 Mar 2017 15:15 #60415 by goebish

Caerus wrote: If it doesn't work you have the LT8910 version. It isn't deviated, and there are no plans to.

Well, it should be fairly easy to add to deviation if the LT8910 is used at 1Mbps or 250kbps bitrate with NRZ line coding and no FEC nor scrambling, so it can be emulated with the nrf24l01, but as nobody has posted a SPI capture yet we've no idea ...
Last edit: 20 Mar 2017 15:15 by goebish.

More
20 Mar 2017 12:28 #60417 by lani

lani wrote: Thanks goebish, help highly appreciated - i will get back when I have tried this combination.

The CX10 + any of the subprotocols green/blue/DM007 did not work. So I prepared the TX for SPI capture, trying to get hands on an analyzer later this week.

More
20 Mar 2017 12:30 #60418 by goebish
Ok, please open a new thread and send me a PM once you've posted links to your captures, in case I miss it.

More
20 Mar 2017 12:31 - 20 Mar 2017 12:44 #60419 by Caerus

goebish wrote:

lani wrote: * Drone: DM002 from BangGood (pic attached). This one uses the PAN159CY so it should work with GW008 protocol?

No, they're using the same IC, but that doesn't mean they're using the same protocol.
What about the stock transmitter, is it using a xn297L or something else ?

Sorry lani (and goebish). I completely missed that you weren't talking about the GW008. I mean, the enormous pic of a completely different quad should have given it away!.... but there I was :silly:

So yeah, everything goebish said. SPI capture seemed kinda complicated at first, but it was all pretty easy once I got stuck in. Especially if you already have the pinout. And you're obviously no newbie to the R/C world. Salae logic analyzer clones run you only @$10. It's not the deviation 'approved' choice, but it's all you need. The legit one is just a tad pricier at $150.

Again, sorry for the mislead.

Edit - And I love the quick responses here. All wired up and ready for capture before I'm done with this post. I get the feeling you know what you're doing ;)
Last edit: 20 Mar 2017 12:44 by Caerus.

More
20 Mar 2017 12:38 #60420 by Caerus

goebish wrote:

Caerus wrote: If it doesn't work you have the LT8910 version. It isn't deviated, and there are no plans to.

Well, it should be fairly easy to add to deviation if the LT8910 is used at 1Mbps or 250kbps bitrate with NRZ line coding and no FEC nor scrambling, but as nobody has posted a SPI capture yet we've no idea ...

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not that anyone wasn't willing. I know you coders will take a look at anything, that's why I like this place. Was more referring to the OP. He seems to have left it be. planger was interested too.

More
20 Mar 2017 12:48 #60421 by goebish
Not only the OP, I'm pointing at you @flarkopter ;)

More
22 Mar 2017 02:14 #60494 by flarkopter
Replied by flarkopter on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008

goebish wrote: Not only the OP, I'm pointing at you @flarkopter ;)

Don't point. I wasn't able to. Personal things took over the small spans of attention. Don't have the capture equipment (yet).

Really appreciate all the effort you people put into it. Don't get me wrong tho.

More
22 Mar 2017 09:13 #60502 by lani
The DM002 captures now available in www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...2-protocol-contains-

Let's continue thst discussion there.

More
22 Mar 2017 12:21 #60515 by goebish

flarkopter wrote:

goebish wrote: Not only the OP, I'm pointing at you @flarkopter ;)

Don't point. I wasn't able to. Personal things took over the small spans of attention. Don't have the capture equipment (yet).

Really appreciate all the effort you people put into it. Don't get me wrong tho.

Sorry mate, no offense intended, my english might seem rude at times ;)

More
04 Apr 2017 18:14 #61164 by Heretic786
Replied by Heretic786 on topic Global Drone, Skull Drone or GW008

goebish wrote:

Daniel

CX10 green protocol is for the GW008 with a xn297 IC in the quad.
There are 3 revisions of this quad, only 2 are supported by deviation so far.
Have you tried with GW008 protocol ? (near the end of the list)

Hi guys,

I'm running the latest nightly build 2017-04-04 on my Devo 7E.

Also, I just got hold of a GW008 and but it doesn't bind to any of the protocols in CX10.

Then I searched for the GW008 option in the CX10 protocol but I dont have this GW008 option. Can I know which nightly build this GW008 option is in? From the quote above, I tried to find the build 3.17.17 but it can't be found.

Would appreciate if you guys could please point me in the right direction to find this GW008 option in the CX10 protocol.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds