Yi Zhan X4 - Blue PCB (Rev:04)

More
18 Oct 2016 14:40 - 20 Oct 2016 09:14 #55101 by Caerus
Yi Zhan X4 - Blue PCB (Rev:04) was created by Caerus
This revision no longer binds using the v202 protocol. After pulling everything apart to take pictures I found it now uses a XN297 (1534b), not a Beken 2423. I began adding to the existing thread in the model config category, but it obviously wasn't the right place to discuss protocol development. Here are photo's of both boards. I'd first just like to know if this is worth me pursuing. I'm new here, and seem to be struggling for responses. Just a yes or no. Thanks.

Edit - Deal57 clarified the chip situation. Is most likely still a Beken 2423, or clone of.

Last edit: 20 Oct 2016 09:14 by Caerus. Reason: Correction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2016 11:37 #55134 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Yi Zhan X4 - Blue PCB (Rev:04)
Welcome aboard! The first thing needed is a capture of the protocol so protocol wizards can see what it is doing. To me it looks like the transmitter module is the little board that sits at 90 degrees on the transmitter pcb, so it should be pretty easy to connect to the SPI signals. The procedures are shown in this thread: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...95-spi-capture-guide

Let us know if you have more questions.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Oct 2016 21:30 - 19 Oct 2016 22:21 #55172 by Caerus
Replied by Caerus on topic Yi Zhan X4 - Blue PCB (Rev:04)
Hey Deal57!. Appreciate the welcome mate. Got a logic analyzer on the way. It'll be here by Friday. I've been spending countless hours here reading and learning as much as I can, and in my travels noticed the transmitter module is similar to the i6, but with my limited (now expanding) knowledge just couldn't figure where the actual transmitter chip was on the X4 TX board, cos it literally isn't visible. Now I realize it has to be under a hard circular 'blob' in the center of the transmitter module you pointed to. Some sort of shielding? I was hoping to just peel it off but it's rock hard, and I don't want to to damage the chip just yet. You can make out traces, and I've recorded the voltages for each pad, so hopefully assignment can be figured out without removing it. Just need to wait for the logic analyzer. I'm dying to get into all this!. Here's a pic of the module, and the i6 one that got me thinking.

Questions? You can be sure I'll have many!. For now, any idea's about assignment? The board pic and the traces on the module pic match left to right. I think that makes sense :unsure:. The module has LG2.46-2423 on the back.

www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=468074DSCF9600.jpg
Last edit: 19 Oct 2016 22:21 by Caerus. Reason: Add info

More
20 Oct 2016 00:21 - 20 Oct 2016 00:22 #55177 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Yi Zhan X4 - Blue PCB (Rev:04)
Yeah, we see blobs all the time now cuz the chips are sold without a real package, so they essentially glue them down! Anyway, it is tempting to think this may be a Beken chip (the label says LG2.46-2423), or maybe a compatible, but we really only need to figure out MOSI, MISO (maybe), CLK, ENable. We also need a ground connection from the logic analyzer to the PCB (which looks pretty easy since the GND is well labeled!).

Without hands-on it's tricky, so this is purely speculation. You need to test each of these connections with a Voltmeter to ensure that you aren't shorting anything. I suspect, after gazing at the photos a bit and comparing to the BK2423 pin arrangements, the three lines directly from the N79E814AS20 processor pins 6, 8 and 9 on the transmitter green pcb (can't find a spec sheet on that processor because it's been superseded) are CLK (from the N79 pin 6) and two other signals. If it was me I would connect a line to each of those with channels 0, 1 and 2 of the Logic analyzer (along with a ground) and see what the logic analyzer sees. I have little clips that can be used in situations like this but you may want to solder a short wire directly to these points. If the connections give you a good capture, just follow the instructions in the SPI thread to get a bind capture.

It may not need to be said, but i suggest you have the transmitter held firmly and use copious amounts of tape to secure the probe lines -- nothing is movable! Be careful as these are tiny connections and it's easy to have things short to ground.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Oct 2016 00:22 by Deal57.

More
20 Oct 2016 08:56 #55183 by Caerus
Replied by Caerus on topic Yi Zhan X4 - Blue PCB (Rev:04)
Cheers Deal57. Glued down.... I'm trying to think of a way to joke about that :) I watched SeByDocKy's capture video tutorial and read through the thread getting to know the software. I love what's been done here, and want to help and learn. I searched for that module. SeByDocKy's notes it in a couple of reviews of WLToys 2x2 models (V292). Made by Lan Guang. Probably not important. Just the logic analyzer captures.

I know this isn't the most well known or purchased quad, but I don't have any budget restrictions so I impulse buy constantly. This one I bought just cos I liked the angry look :). Turns out it's really good. Not docile like the H107L. I'll be rectifying that though when the 8.5mm motors arrive.

Now let's see how it all goes :ohmy:. Thanks for the pic and method tips, and again for all the other help.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds