FrSky Telemetry on DeviationTX

More
13 Aug 2017 09:06 #63800 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic FrSky Telemetry on DeviationTX
Digging up this topic, I have some issues with telemetry Frsky D. The D series native telemetry and rssi adc pin working fine always.
But the Serial telemetry sometimes I get the wrong information displayed, sometimes it just correct after 10sec f.i. suddenly works.
So I Monitor "all cell field" it should display the lipo, sometimes it gives one cell, sometimes it switches to all cell, it is a bit of strange, seem not reliable.

So setup:
U7E, latest nightly.
Betaflight 3.2, HGLRC F425 > the digital LED pin is used setup as soft serial port to output, Frsky Telemetry
Receiver is this one >
www.banggood.com/2_4G-8CH-Micro-Frsky-D8...30.html?rmmds=search
As it is really small one with LNA, sbus ppm and telemetry analog serial a Midelic project clone.

So as there are lot of variables in this chain, difficult to pinpoint, I am just wondering, if anyone has, also seen that telemetry sometimes seem fine, sometimes, fields not detected etc?
Anyone using Betaflight > serial telemetry > deviation with good reliable results?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2017 13:53 #66378 by SergeyA
Replied by SergeyA on topic FrSky Telemetry on DeviationTX
It is the data from SmartPort channel? Do you have any solution to see them? Using Taranis you just discover all sensors and select that you need. How to find all sensors here?

More
07 Dec 2017 16:57 #66388 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic FrSky Telemetry on DeviationTX
FrskyX SmartPort and Frsky hub telemetry is supported except on the limited memory transmitters (7e and F series).

With deviation no sensor discovery step is used. On the Telemetry Test page the data from all active sensors is displayed. Add boxes to the main page to display sensor values you select.

More
07 Dec 2017 18:29 #66391 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic FrSky Telemetry on DeviationTX
When connecting D series RX (in this case middelic firmware) when hooked up to Betaflight serial port enabled Frsky telemetry, anybody can confirm that that works? So get AMP, Mah, VBat send by betaflight? the D series old hub telemetry is not same as smartport for X series.

More
08 Dec 2017 00:59 - 08 Dec 2017 01:05 #66399 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic FrSky Telemetry on DeviationTX
Yes it works, but some sensors have different names for want they have shown with hub telemetry, e.g A1 is Vfas...and shows the lipo voltage.
Edit: But using midelicĀ“s firmware does not mean it works on all of these receivers....

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 08 Dec 2017 01:05 by aMax.

More
08 Dec 2017 10:00 #66404 by SergeyA
Replied by SergeyA on topic FrSky Telemetry on DeviationTX

hexfet wrote: FrskyX SmartPort and Frsky hub telemetry is supported except on the limited memory transmitters (7e and F series).

With deviation no sensor discovery step is used. On the Telemetry Test page the data from all active sensors is displayed. Add boxes to the main page to display sensor values you select.

Thank you!
So I have Devo 10 and don't see SmartPort data. It means I have some issue on FC side to send data to receiver. Is it?

More
08 Dec 2017 23:15 #66414 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic FrSky Telemetry on DeviationTX
Yes, could be hardware connection or software configuration.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds