Devo for Eachine E50 WIFI?

More
16 Jan 2017 07:40 #58022 by Maxner
Devo for Eachine E50 WIFI? was created by Maxner
Hello,
It is possible to use the Devo as a remote control replacement for a Wifi smartphone remote control? I found a cheap "Hosiery- toy" at BG: Eachine E50 WiFi Just for fun it would be okay ...

Greeting Mischa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2017 13:44 #58028 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo for Eachine E50 WIFI?
Unfortunately no, it's controlled over a WiFi app on your phone and does not contain any real 2.4ghz RF receiver so Devo can't communicate with it...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
16 Jan 2017 13:47 #58029 by Maxner
Replied by Maxner on topic Devo for Eachine E50 WIFI?
Too bad. Thanks for the information

More
25 Mar 2017 10:19 - 25 Mar 2017 11:11 #60723 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic Devo for Eachine E50 WIFI?
Just like other quads with wifi FPV, it has two chips. One Marvell wifi chip connected to the camera SoC and the other 2.4GHz chip for quad control. There are also 2 antennas inside.
I guess the phone app in one way receives FPV and in another way transmits arbitrary packets in the 2.4GHz band. However the 2.4GHz chip is a Panchip PAN159 which is a RF-MCU combo and has no SPI bus exposed.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2017 11:11 by ajtank.

More
29 Mar 2019 14:58 #73602 by Burntstanding
Replied by Burntstanding on topic Devo for Eachine E50 WIFI?
I am currently working on a small workaround for the Eachine E58 which is one of many Wifi drones using the that use the JY UFO app. Its not really a true deviation but using an inexpensive ESP-01 module and the PPM output from a Devo transmitter to send the UDP packets that the app broadcasts. So it is no where near the propper TX produced by a transmitter protocol. But I think it has possibilities to make a small external module and the code or small variations could apply to many many other Wifi drones using a lot of different apps. The ESP-01 does have an SPI interface so it could be programmed in such a way that protocols could be developed for it and placed inside the Devo transmitters in similar ways to the nrf24l01+ module. Although it does rely on sending wifi to the Camera Wifi board which then in the E58 has a single yellow wire that sends the information to the flight controller in a single line serial signal that basically reproduces the UPD packet. I only did primary testings last night but have the basics working. Information and programming sketches on the below thread.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-requests/7793-eachine-e58

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds