Info for the OrangeRX DSMx protocol option

More
29 Jan 2017 15:04 #58529 by Cereal_Killer
Info for the OrangeRX DSMx protocol option was created by Cereal_Killer
Hello guys, I'm running strictly FrSky and toy grade protocols now days, no more DSMx so I didn't stay in the loop...

For Xmas I got my buddy setup (OK well his wife got it for him, I just provided her the list) with a D10 and a Orx R620x v2 to put in his new 60" ugly stick.
He's been flying it without issue but he's also a beginner and stays slow and close range, he flies it LOS only.

Just yesterday I was playing in my devos and noticed the protocol option for Orangerx, what specifically does this option do (as we all know searching here is pretty much useless and I'm not able to surmise what it does)? Do I need to call my buddy up and have him enable the option before he flies again or is he OK since he's been using it for a month now w/o issue?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2017 16:14 #58531 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Info for the OrangeRX DSMx protocol option
OrangeRX protocol option do nothing with range, it corrected PN codes table error. With that error you can't bind to Rx with some Tx ID and Fixed ID combinations. At any case will be best to use this option with Orange and other non Spektrum receivers.

More
31 Jan 2017 13:41 #58588 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Info for the OrangeRX DSMx protocol option
He's gonna ask me so I'd like to have an answer... What are PN codes table errors?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
More
15 Feb 2017 22:29 #59168 by Ralf_Brandt
Replied by Ralf_Brandt on topic Info for the OrangeRX DSMx protocol option
Hello

Activating this option for all OrangeRX and and other non Spektrum receivers is not a good choice.
The FiX activates the “wrong” Qrange RX PN code.
So if the receiver is not affected by that problem, activating that option will make it worse.
Unfortunately it is not always that you can’t bind.
In my case for example, it was possible to bind, just the lost frame rate was way higher than usual.
Depending on the cyrf mfg id, it can also by that only a few channel in the hopping sequence can’t be transferred.
In that case the problem may be hard to detect, and may have only an impact in longer range conditions.
If you have a look into
github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module
They found a different solution:
//Fix for OrangeRX using wrong pncodes by preventing access to "Col 8"
if(sop_col==0)
{
cyrfmfg_id[rx_tx_addr[0]%3]^=0x01;//Change a bit so sop_col will be different from 0
sop_col = (cyrfmfg_id[0] + cyrfmfg_id[1] + cyrfmfg_id[2] + 2) & 0x07;
}
I like this solution way more.
You can activate it, even with a good reciver, and it will do no harm.

Regards
Ralf Brandt

More
19 Dec 2017 15:20 #66535 by gdenton
Replied by gdenton on topic Info for the OrangeRX DSMx protocol option
Is there a way to calculate or simulate if a Tx ID and Fixed ID combination would use the bad PN codes?
Or maybe show a warning on the binding page so the user could change the Fixed ID to avoid this potential problem?

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds