Furibee F36 protocol attempt

More
02 Apr 2018 14:15 - 02 Apr 2018 14:21 #68458 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt

p1p3rn0 wrote:

wasp09 wrote: I brought an F36 but have been flying it with another FC that supports silverware and using a protocol supported by deviationtx, Get one of those for around $10 instead of chasing after mission impossible. F36 is good mainly because of it has bigger motors. I don't see why we have to stick with its unknown protocol.

Thank's! Now me too I have one of those for around $10 and I'm very happy :)
The only thing I'm in trouble is changing settings ..for example acro mode (left-left-down): many times it doesn't react.
Did you know if I have to change something in my jumper? Seems stick values don't reach max values or something similar.

It's something to do with the scaling of the stick, you may have to set it to over 100% to recognize gesture properly. I use a switch on my devo 10 for acro mode instead. I can flip between 2 modes literally on the fly.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2018 14:21 by wasp09.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2018 17:51 #68484 by p1p3rn0
Replied by p1p3rn0 on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt

wasp09 wrote:

p1p3rn0 wrote:

wasp09 wrote: I brought an F36 but have been flying it with another FC that supports silverware and using a protocol supported by deviationtx, Get one of those for around $10 instead of chasing after mission impossible. F36 is good mainly because of it has bigger motors. I don't see why we have to stick with its unknown protocol.

The only thing I'm in trouble is changing settings ..for example acro mode (left-left-down): many times it doesn't react.
Did you know if I have to change something in my jumper? Seems stick values don't reach max values or something similar.

It's something to do with the scaling of the stick, you may have to set it to over 100% to recognize gesture properly. I use a switch on my devo 10 for acro mode instead. I can flip between 2 modes literally on the fly.

You mean I can configure a switch on my jumper to perform 3 commands? (left-left-down) I'm trying in mixer - complex but no success for now.

More
04 Apr 2018 07:10 - 04 Apr 2018 07:12 #68499 by yets
Replied by yets on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt
sirdomsen.diskstation.me/dokuwiki/doku.p...=basic_devo_multipro - acro switch set up

To compete the gesture it needs to have high rates as there is a specific time for the gestures to register on the FC. What rates are you using?
Last edit: 04 Apr 2018 07:12 by yets.

More
04 Apr 2018 15:14 - 04 Apr 2018 15:15 #68504 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt

p1p3rn0 wrote:

wasp09 wrote:

p1p3rn0 wrote:

You mean I can configure a switch on my jumper to perform 3 commands? (left-left-down) I'm trying in mixer - complex but no success for now.

Not sure what you meant by jumper.

To put acro mode on a switch, we have to configure (edit the source file of) the firmware (silverware) to put the acro mode control on a channel. (Remove the corresponding gesture to save code space. Optional) Recompile the firmware and flash it onto the FC. Then reconfigure devo 10 to put that channel on a switch.
Last edit: 04 Apr 2018 15:15 by wasp09.

More
04 Apr 2018 21:43 #68508 by p1p3rn0

wasp09 wrote:

p1p3rn0 wrote:

wasp09 wrote:

p1p3rn0 wrote:

Not sure what you meant by jumper.

To put acro mode on a switch, we have to configure (edit the source file of) the firmware (silverware) to put the acro mode control on a channel. (Remove the corresponding gesture to save code space. Optional) Recompile the firmware and flash it onto the FC. Then reconfigure devo 10 to put that channel on a switch.

yets wrote: sirdomsen.diskstation.me/dokuwiki/doku.p...=basic_devo_multipro - acro switch set up

To compete the gesture it needs to have high rates as there is a specific time for the gestures to register on the FC. What rates are you using?

Thanks for the info!
jumper is my new radio: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2...G-transmitter-review
I think it's the same as devo and I was thinking it was possible to configure a switch to perform a sequence of commands (left-left-down) when you tell me about acro by switch.
Anyway I will try silverware recompile and flash.
This is my fc: betafpv.com/products/betafpv-lite-brushed-flight-controller ..how to connect to pc?

More
04 Apr 2018 21:48 #68509 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt
A STLink V2 is required to flash silverware to this board:
www.aliexpress.com/item/ST-Link-V2-Progr...New/32631496848.html

More
05 Apr 2018 15:58 #68518 by wasp09

More
05 Apr 2018 21:27 - 05 Apr 2018 21:27 #68524 by p1p3rn0

goebish wrote: A STLink V2 is required to flash silverware to this board:
www.aliexpress.com/item/ST-Link-V2-Progr...New/32631496848.html

wasp09 wrote: I am using Bwhoop FC's

www.tmart.com/BoldClash-Bwhoop-RC-Quadco...r-Board_p362763.html

Many thanks!!!
True we are OT, but I'm thinking this is best way to use furibee F36 ..like wasp09 sayed :D
Last edit: 05 Apr 2018 21:27 by p1p3rn0.

More
21 May 2018 15:43 - 21 May 2018 15:43 #69356 by martonmiklos
Replied by martonmiklos on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt
Weather is bad here, so I started to play with the LT8920 again.
Here are my findings:
I have started with the Arduino codes Goebish shared.
I have hooked up two Arduino Pro micros to two XY-WB module.
I can send out the CH0 binding packet and receive it with the another LT8920 module. There was an bug/side effect in the bool LT8900::sendPacket(uint8_t *data, size_t packetSize): it prefixed the packet with the packet size.
At binding (when the throttle is not in the lowest most position) seems to be transmitting on CH0, 12 and 24 as well.
There are some packets which only sent at the binding beginning: (try to turn on the TX then the quad and it will not bind) and these packets sent on the non 0 channels.

Stay tuned!
Last edit: 21 May 2018 15:43 by martonmiklos.

More
24 Aug 2018 17:05 #70432 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt
Neat! I was glaring at my F36 sitting on a table... I have other models but I spent a while soldering a tiny 25mw VTX power lead onto the board and can't bring myself to discard the FC, did you make any progress binding and sending commands?

Thanks!

More
30 Aug 2018 22:22 #70567 by planger
Replied by planger on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt

martonmiklos wrote: There was an bug/side effect in the bool LT8900::sendPacket(uint8_t *data, size_t packetSize): it prefixed the packet with the packet size.

I've written a LT8900 emulator for the Shenqi protocol a long time ago. It's available in the Multi code here: github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotoco...RF24l01_SPI.ino#L493
You'll see that there are different flags that I've implemented just like the real LT8900 to enable/disable features. One of them is used to turn on/off the packet size in the payload

The working Shenqi protocol is an implementation of this emulation layer. It's available here: github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotoco.../SHENQI_nrf24l01.ino

I hope it can help, Pascal

More
31 Aug 2018 11:47 #70582 by martonmiklos
Hi planger,

Do I understand it correctly that you are emulating an LT8900 with an nRF2401 in this project?

More
31 Aug 2018 13:11 - 31 Aug 2018 13:16 #70586 by planger
Replied by planger on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt
Yes, it emulates send and receive.
Not all the features of the LT8900 component are emulated. I've done what was needed to get the protocol Shenqi working and more with adding flags that were detailed enough to be implemented without having any test component in hand.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2018 13:16 by planger.

More
26 Sep 2018 05:21 #71041 by kingontheroad
Replied by kingontheroad on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt
Good morning

I have a jumper since yesterday, and I have a furibee f36.

Is it already known which protocol works for the furibee f36?

With kind regards Richard

More
26 Sep 2018 19:34 #71048 by martonmiklos
Hi Richard,

AFAIK there is not any way to control a Furibee F36 other than it is original remote.
It uses an LT5916 with integrated radio which makes the reverse engineering of the protocol a bit harder.

More
20 Apr 2019 20:39 #74043 by martonmiklos
Today I have pissed myself off again, so I have started to play with LT8920 again.

No real progress yet (I still cannot even start the binding procedure), still trying to figure out the radio config.

I write my findings here because it might be useful to others.

So my setup is: an Arduino Pro micro hooked to a XY-WB module.
Aduino code (including the LT8900 polished lib) from Goebish from this thread.

The following seems to be verified:
  • 3 byte preamble (0x555555)
  • 8 byte syncword: 0x74097111cb783004
  • If any of these config changed no packets received (the sync word max allowed error bits set to 0).
  • From FEC wise I only know that the FEC is whether FEC_NONE or FEC_13. If I set to FEC23 the FEC23 in the 48th register got set.
    (The Chinese 8900 documents its error bit behavior: FEC23 错误标志位,1 表示错误,0 表示正确 == FEC23 error flag, 1 for error, 0 for correct, the 8920 says nothing about it's interpretation...)
  • No CRC: if it set the CRC error will be set in the 48th reg

So the open questions are:
  • Trailer length
  • Packet type
  • FEC

Basically what I am trying to do is capture the channel 0 from the transmitter while it's throttle is not in neutral position and play back to see if the quad starts blinking faster.

Unfortunately my SDR setup is not going to be functioning since I bought a downconverter for higher frequencies (2500-2800 MHz) so it is pretty shooting in the dark.

Any help, guidance is highly appreciated!

More
18 Jul 2019 21:28 - 18 Jul 2019 21:29 #74765 by martonmiklos
Well my intentions to fly a Furibee with a custom TX has not lowered. Due to my unsuccessfulness with SDR and brute force register peeking I got some inspiration from here:

I have managed to XRAY the IC in the F36 TX (see attached photos). The bond wires between the MCU and RF part are clearly visible.
I will try to decap that area and sniff the wires with a logic analyzer.

Ps. if you have decapping experience please let me know!
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2019 21:29 by martonmiklos. Reason: -

More
18 Jul 2019 21:30 #74766 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Furibee F36 protocol attempt
Wow, you're taking it to the next level, good luck!

More
19 Jul 2019 16:25 #74771 by martonmiklos
Well or I will just step back one ;)

More
21 Jul 2019 17:37 #74780 by martonmiklos
Well I tried the easy way: the laser and unfortunately it destroys the bond wires. I have to figure out how can I get some fuming nitric acid.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds