DM002 protocol (contains captures)

More
24 Mar 2017 14:20 - 24 Mar 2017 14:21 #60684 by planger
Replied by planger on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)

lani wrote: * Rate modes LOW (default) and HIGH (ch11) are enough, with the plastic controller HIGH was too wild but with Taranis it is just great

Default should be High, at least that's how I've coded it based on your table...

lani wrote: * Difficult to achieve perfect trim with the control ranges at least in the HIGH rate (one click left causes left drift, one click back creates right drift). This might be just a feature of the quad but the analogue knobs in the TX could perhaps be mapped to the trims to achieve best effort. I sort of believe the trim steps have a lot smaller effect to the control than actual control steps.

These small quads always have drift anyway and even depend on the battery voltage so I don't think there is big value...

lani wrote: * Bind on powerup seems not to work when selected from OpenTX. Would there be something i need to tweak in the protocol file or multiprotocol config?

Not sure how you've configured the module... By default the _config.h file comes with bind on channel 16 and waits for a bind before starting the protocol. It's a safety feature to not bind everything around you at the radio powerup or model selection. You can disable this behavior if you want. It's all explained in the _config.h file...

lani wrote: * How does the protocol enumeration get updated to the OpenTX software, do they include directly something from the multiprotocol repo?

For ersky9x it's a file on the SD card. For OpenTX, you have to wait for plaisthos to add it in the code and do a release (that's why you have access to custom while he is doing it). Ask for it on rcgroups: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2...ol-TX-Module/page573

lani wrote: * In the SPI captures, why was there data on the line at moments when the clock pulse was not active?

SPI lines might be used for something else when not talking to the XN297L, like used to get data from the acc/gyro.

Pascal
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 14:21 by planger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2017 15:42 #60685 by lani
Replied by lani on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)

planger wrote: Default should be High, at least that's how I've coded it based on your table...

Sorry, i just wrote it upside down. You are correct, default is HIGH.

planger wrote: These small quads always have drift anyway and even depend on the battery voltage so I don't think there is big value...

OK, let's not waste time on that then.

planger wrote: Not sure how you've configured the module... By default the _config.h file comes with bind on channel 16 and waits for a bind before starting the protocol. It's a safety feature to not bind everything around you at the radio powerup or model selection. You can disable this behavior if you want. It's all explained in the _config.h file...

User error, yes it binds on CH16. The _config was TLDR :)

planger wrote: SPI lines might be used for something else when not talking to the XN297L, like used to get data from the acc/gyro.

Acc/gyro on the TX side? Anyway I understand that the data line is used to something else too but that "else" is then not SPI as the clock signal is silent. Wouldn't expect the data line to be shared but the clock line separate?

More
24 Mar 2017 16:04 #60688 by planger
Replied by planger on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)

lani wrote: Acc/gyro on the TX side? Anyway I understand that the data line is used to something else too but that "else" is then not SPI as the clock signal is silent. Wouldn't expect the data line to be shared but the clock line separate?

You are right stupid comment... some controllers avec SPI and I2C sharing some pins but not with the same function... Anyway we don't care.

What we need now is more dumps to figure out TX IDs/RF channels.

Pascal

More
26 Mar 2017 18:39 #60772 by Gurzo
Replied by Gurzo on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)
Installed latest Nightly (2017-03-26). I have a Devo 7e. Testing DM002. Works well but Ail need to be trimmed. When I take-off the quad goes to the right. Performed a stick cal. but no effect. With stock controller I can perform better hovering. I have to find better trimming. Sorry for my English.

More
04 Apr 2017 13:05 #61153 by mtx63
Replied by mtx63 on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)
Setup search for Devo 7E

Dieter

More
12 Apr 2017 15:48 #61404 by Appelmoesman
Replied by Appelmoesman on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)
When I bind this quad with my devo every move of the stick induces annoying pulses in the motors that make it fly very jittery it really makes a weird sound and even had it suddenly oscillate and fall out of the sky! well its fairly controlable with the stock tx and being able to turn off lights is cool!

More
22 Apr 2017 08:34 - 22 Apr 2017 08:35 #61672 by ben1977
Replied by ben1977 on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)
Well guys (especially goebish !) thank you very much for adding the DM002 protocol !
I've flashed my Devo10 with the last nightly, and just tried it with my fresh arrived DM002, and it works just fine !
I had to add some Expo to throttle (I was oscillating on the Up axis at the beginning , but with expo my medium command was much more adapted to the hovering command and it was easier to get stabilized) and Rudder (to get out of the dead zone of this little quad), I'm able to get very nice sessions with it !
So thanks again , it's still a pleasure to add nice little new birds to my Devo !!!
Last edit: 22 Apr 2017 08:35 by ben1977.

More
14 Jul 2017 23:35 #63449 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)
I like AIO with CF antenna, I placed an order on the DM002 FPV RTF today.

I guess the development of the protocol is complete. If we need anything like more TXIDs, please let me know, I can capture.

Thanks.

More
14 Jul 2017 23:37 #63450 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic DM002 protocol (contains captures)
The more IDs the better, capture if you can, I'll add it.

More
17 Jul 2017 00:28 #63493 by wasp09
I'll do some capture when it arrives. Just shipped out on epacket.

More
28 Jul 2017 23:29 #63610 by wasp09
Just received my DM002. The yaw deadband is annoying. I spent some time to configure a complex mixer using minMax, 1-1 and deadband to counter it.

What kind of capture would we need for more ID? Is it just power up? Anything else?

Regards.

More
28 Jul 2017 23:35 #63611 by goebish
Yes, just power up, bind and of a few seconds of control.

More
29 Jul 2017 01:06 #63613 by wasp09
Would you have pin out for where to tap for the DM002 stock TX?

The MCU isn't marked. The other chip is a 297. There is one pad marked Data far away from those 2 chips.

More
29 Jul 2017 03:10 #63614 by wasp09
OK found it on the web. It's a single pin for data.

More
29 Jul 2017 04:32 - 29 Jul 2017 04:33 #63618 by wasp09
Capture is posted on rcgroups:

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37997608&postcount=4

It is actually a tar.gz.
Last edit: 29 Jul 2017 04:33 by wasp09.

More
01 Aug 2017 17:11 #63669 by wasp09
I assume the capture is OK. If not, please let me know.

More
01 Aug 2017 17:14 #63670 by goebish
Looks fine, thanks !

More
01 Aug 2017 18:25 #63671 by goebish
Here is a test build including the new txid:
www.dropbox.com/sh/fswbehxnvd14cpy/AABQq...FnXWOtd9kvezBDa?dl=0
Test with fixed id 2

More
02 Aug 2017 03:21 #63675 by wasp09
I have flashed your 24721ef onto my devo10. This is the first time via upload jar without switching into windows. Great.

I can bind with and without fixed ID of 2 or something else. I am not sure what to do to test ID though.

Thanks.

More
02 Aug 2017 07:24 #63681 by goebish
Thanks, it should be added to the nightly builds soon :)

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds