bwhoop b03 quad protocol

More
14 Apr 2017 21:56 - 14 Apr 2017 22:00 #61486 by xxx
bwhoop b03 quad protocol was created by xxx
Hey guys, here is some info about the boldclash bwhoop b-03 quadcopter

The quad uses bayang protocol, however it has 2 extra buttons. Those are "auto takeoff", which makes the quad quickly take off and rise about 50cm, and "emergency stop" which is a motor cut ( instant )

The quad can be flown with a devo already, even though it does have altitude hold and its stock tx has centered throttle. The sequence for me to fly it is, bind, increase throttle to 55%, wait 1 sec, increase to 100%, decrease to 50% at which point the quad should start. Seems there is a throttle calibration built in somewhere.

The buttons are mapped as follows:
* "auto takeoff" data[3] 0x20
* "emg stop" data[3] 0x04

Emergency stop might be useful as sometimes the quad might not detect a landing, pretty rare but it can happen

silverxxx
Last edit: 14 Apr 2017 22:00 by xxx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2017 06:24 #61574 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic bwhoop b03 quad protocol
Yeah it,CAN happen. Did you ever hit a wall ;)

Would be nice to see those 'missing' channels in Bayang protocol once. Btw: I noticed that if one switches the other channels (7-11), the quad starts to lean forwads slightly, like if not properly trimmed. Can be reverted by switching the related channel to -100 again. Btw: If pressing the right shoulder button of the stock tx longer, it starts sort of auto in air acc calibration. I don't think it's a long press of the flip channel (while flips are on the same button), because I permanently switch flip channel in Deviation to do flips. Also, I didn't find a channel that activates headless mode (left shoulder button). It's not the classic Bayang headless channel. Not that headless might be of much use, but just to be complete.

More
19 Apr 2017 18:24 #61592 by Alias_Hendrik
Replied by Alias_Hendrik on topic bwhoop b03 quad protocol
Or when it get stuck to the ceiling :) But otherwise i try to land it in my hand and turn it upside down to stop the motors :)

Anyway, i tried setting up my Devo 7E for headless and RTH on the E011 but with mixed results, it flies in headless diagonally and very very slow.
So after many tries i got tired and took the BWHOOP using the same ini. On the Bwhoop that ini worked a little better. The RTH is not as slow as on the E011 and works in straight line. Moving right stick interrupts RTH but as soon as i center right stick returns RTH kicks back in, funny flying forward and center right stick it comes back until switching off RTH.

Headless mode does work too but is slow, like something is holding it down when quad is at 180 degree. However when facing normal direction the speed is ok in headless it's when i turn around the quad 180 degree headless works but slower and seems to level out and can suddenly pick up again.
Resetting things with the sticks, both left corner and both right corner does work.

For the other functions, maybe it's possible they need / use for different functions different values between certain limits. I had a quad like that which needed 3 different values on channel 10 to switch the speed between low mid and high.

For the Bwhoop the below is what is some sort of working as described above. I used SW A and SW B switch. But need to experiment more and maybe with different values who knows.

[channel9]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=SW A1
dest=Ch9
curvetype=zero/max
points=0

[channel10]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=SW B1
dest=Ch10
curvetype=min/max
points=0

More
20 Apr 2017 00:32 - 20 Apr 2017 00:41 #61602 by xxx
Replied by xxx on topic bwhoop b03 quad protocol
I looked at headless and rth, and it's the same as other quads

The devo bayang protocol uses up to channel 11 in buttons, out of 12, what would be a good way of coding the 2 extra buttons?

edit: Ok I checked holding down the shoulder buttons, the headless button sends rth when held, the flip button sends 0x04 to packet[2] ( not implemented )

silverxxx
Last edit: 20 Apr 2017 00:41 by xxx.

More
21 Apr 2017 22:33 #61667 by xxx
Replied by xxx on topic bwhoop b03 quad protocol
The "emg stop" channel should now be in the latest nightlies. It's on channel 12.

A new model file is needed, or edit the number of channels in the old one from 11 to 12 or else you'll only see 11 channels in the mixer

The other new channels are not added right now.

silverxxx

More
26 Jun 2017 08:38 #63149 by Big Jeff
Replied by Big Jeff on topic bwhoop b03 quad protocol
Hi
Can someone please share the config for the Eachine E011 to load into my Devo 7E transmitter.
I can not find a copy to load into the models directory of my Tx.
Greatly appreciate some assistance,
Thanks.

More
26 Jun 2017 10:36 #63150 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic bwhoop b03 quad protocol
Should be similar to any other bayang-protocol-quad except BWHOOP and Silverized ones. Isn't there anything in the model file section?

More
30 Jun 2017 08:43 - 08 Aug 2017 00:15 #63218 by Big Jeff
Replied by Big Jeff on topic bwhoop b03 quad protocol
I received some help from :-
jtgravityRC
With this video to show how to set it up:

Works great now.
Cheers
Last edit: 08 Aug 2017 00:15 by Big Jeff.

More
23 Jan 2018 22:29 #67089 by trawlins
Replied by trawlins on topic bwhoop b03 quad protocol
So has anyone gotten the altitude hold to function?

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds