EAchine E012

More
23 Jun 2017 14:41 #63099 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic EAchine E012
Impressive work :) .... Maybe we can dream .... of a fully working nrF24L01+ implementation ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• goebish
  • goebish's Avatar Topic Author
  • I Void Warranties
More
22 Jul 2017 15:31 - 22 Jul 2017 17:35 #63555 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic EAchine E012
Just in case anyone is interested, I released the source code + .grc for the SDR transmitter:
github.com/goebish/E012-SDR-transmitter

Last edit: 22 Jul 2017 17:35 by goebish.

More
17 Sep 2017 07:41 #64450 by Caerus
Replied by Caerus on topic EAchine E012
Hey goebish. I was a little sad reading about the trouble with this quad. I tried the builds anyway and they work for my E012! Not 100% trouble free, but after a minor tweak it's perfect. My only problem is a big dead spot in the throttle until 55%. So I just add an offset of +55 and away I go :) . I have to change the throttle offset back to 0 each time I bind, but it only takes a few seconds to add +55. It still binds with the offset, but it won't respond. Strange. I have another on the way. I'll see how that one responds. It's a super fun little quad with a Devo.

Thanks for your work, again. ;)

More
17 Sep 2017 08:03 - 17 Sep 2017 08:04 #64451 by SeByDocKy

Caerus wrote: Hey goebish. I was a little sad reading about the trouble with this quad. I tried the builds anyway and they work for my E012! Not 100% trouble free, but after a minor tweak it's perfect. My only problem is a big dead spot in the throttle until 55%. So I just add an offset of +55 and away I go :) . I have to change the throttle offset back to 0 each time I bind, but it only takes a few seconds to add +55. It still binds with the offset, but it won't respond. Strange. I have another on the way. I'll see how that one responds. It's a super fun little quad with a Devo.

What is your exact frequency you set ? Maybe this throttle offset can be added directly in the protocol or in a protocol option ? Do you have a standalone nRF24L01+ board or a 3-in-1/4-in-1 module ?
Last edit: 17 Sep 2017 08:04 by SeByDocKy.

More
09 Nov 2017 14:00 - 09 Nov 2017 14:06 #65655 by Caerus

SeByDocKy wrote:

Caerus wrote: Hey goebish. I was a little sad reading about the trouble with this quad. I tried the builds anyway and they work for my E012! Not 100% trouble free, but after a minor tweak it's perfect. My only problem is a big dead spot in the throttle until 55%. So I just add an offset of +55 and away I go :) . I have to change the throttle offset back to 0 each time I bind, but it only takes a few seconds to add +55. It still binds with the offset, but it won't respond. Strange. I have another on the way. I'll see how that one responds. It's a super fun little quad with a Devo.

What is your exact frequency you set ? Maybe this throttle offset can be added directly in the protocol or in a protocol option ? Do you have a standalone nRF24L01+ board or a 3-in-1/4-in-1 module ?

Hey SeBy. Sorry I haven't replied until now. I missed your message in my email.

I have 2 of these now and they both bind and fly on all frequencies. There are some issues. After binding, both quads can take some time before responding to input (5-10secs). I have seen the the crazy lag thing, but only a few times. Also, I now have a 4-in-1 module.

I use the E010 model.ini made by Alias_Hendrik as the template for most of my toy quads. I never use his throttle curve, and for the E012 I just changed it to linear and added a second page to the mixer with +55 offset (3-way SW A). Now after binding I move SW A0 to A1 for +55 THR. Much easier. It's not ideal as you lose 55 steps of resolution, but it flies ok. I've attached the model.ini for you to try. Maybe it will help.

goebish, if you want any testing done let me know. It's a fun quad so It would be great to have this protocol in the official releases so we don't have to change between firmware all the time.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Nov 2017 14:06 by Caerus.

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
09 Nov 2017 14:04 #65656 by goebish
Problem is that you're just lucky that it works that well on your end.
I'm reluctant to pushing that to "official" firmware knowing it doesn't work well (worst than the E010 ;))

More
09 Nov 2017 14:21 - 09 Nov 2017 14:25 #65657 by Caerus
Yeah I agree it's not ready for official release the way it is. Even though I can fly them it's an unreliable procedure. E010 is perfect in comparison :) From what I read it looks like it will be hard or impossible to fix these bugs? I always appreciate your hard work, so if this is the end of the road it's ok. Changing firmware when I want to fly the E012's doesn't take very long.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2017 14:25 by Caerus.

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
09 Nov 2017 14:43 #65658 by goebish
I'll probably make a 2nd pass someday now that I've a bit more knowledge, but I doubt I can anything better with the nrf24l01.

More
09 Nov 2017 14:47 #65659 by SeByDocKy

goebish wrote: I'll probably make a 2nd pass someday now that I've a bit more knowledge, but I doubt I can anything better with the nrf24l01.

New ideas ?

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
09 Nov 2017 14:55 #65661 by goebish
Yes, I've to emulate the preamble as I did with the SDR instead of assuming it's the same than nrf24l01.
I really don't think that's the problem, but that's worth a try ...

... but if the problem comes from center frequency drift there's nothing I can do with the nrf24l01 :(

More
09 Nov 2017 15:31 #65662 by Caerus
I don't really understand the the technical stuff, but i'll try and pretend :)

If it was center frequency drift would I lose bind during flight? Once I get bind I never lose bind or have any lag problem. Flight is perfect. The only difference is the +55 throttle offset, and the delay between bind and tx input response.

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
09 Nov 2017 15:35 #65663 by goebish
With too much frequency drift you would experience laggy response, but as I said I'm not 100% sure that's the problem here.

More
09 Nov 2017 15:40 - 09 Nov 2017 15:41 #65664 by Caerus
Ok. I'll leave it with you. I'm sure you're already extremely busy, so whenever you find time. I'm always here if you need a tester though.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2017 15:41 by Caerus.

More
18 Apr 2018 15:31 #68721 by LeGriffon
Replied by LeGriffon on topic EAchine E012
Hi,

I'm using a Devo 6 under Deviation 5.0.0 and, and I do have a E012. I already download you model.in but it does not work for me, I suppose it need more files to implement E012 protocol ? (I just add a 4in1 module in my TX and i'm not familiar with all this).
On your Dropbox I only see Devo 10 and Devo 7 versions, can I use one of these ?
What will be then the process to bind the E012 ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Pascal.

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
18 Apr 2018 18:32 #68727 by goebish
I've just added a test build with E012 protocol for Devo 6:
www.dropbox.com/sh/8dd1hvli0qt7fw4/AABlW...kQJymHNNEfjViga?dl=0

Keep in mind there's no guaranty it will work (read the thread ;)), also it's based on last November source code, so it probably misses a few fixes ...

More
23 Apr 2018 17:28 #68806 by LeGriffon
Hi,
Thanks for answer, and sorry for so late reply (I did find time to test it until now). Unfortunately I can not get it work. I did try a complete copy of what you put on the dropbox to my TX, and I didn't any E012 in the model list, so copy over the one just upper in Caerus post. And try again, still nothing bind... May be I'm wrong in the binding procedure (i try both switch model or TX first) than like the original TX push throttles up and down. Also try Re-init button, does not do anything.

Thanks in advance for help.
Rgds.
Pascal.

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
23 Apr 2018 17:30 #68807 by goebish
Have you flashed the .dfu file with DfuSe USB upgrade tool ?

More
23 Apr 2018 17:40 #68808 by LeGriffon
Just connect USB mode (power on TX & press ENT), and copy all from your zip to the TX memory. As I usually do for Deviation upgrades.

• goebish
  • I Void Warranties
More
23 Apr 2018 17:44 #68809 by goebish
That means you've never upgraded Deviation ;)
The .dfu has to be flashed with DfuSe USB tool in dfu mode (power on TX & press EXT)

More
23 Apr 2018 17:56 #68810 by LeGriffon
That explain many things... Sorry I got a 4 year big break... Things getting back slowly...
This time I used Dfuse to flash... But this time the screen is manly black, and can not even find buttons to move on model pages... sorry i'm getting old...

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds