Serial out for LRS boxes

More
09 Jun 2018 18:01 #69593 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Thanks, look forward to more details. Pics or videos can be helpful.

Have you tried the latest test build ( 7cb0da7 ) with the Crossfire module? The packet header byte is changed which should make some change in the behavior.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2018 18:54 - 09 Jun 2018 18:56 #69595 by xfapv
Replied by xfapv on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
I wired it up as shown in the images. Oscilloscope x-axis: 30 microseconds/cm
The signal is indeed from the CRSF protocol of the lateest build 7cb0da7. If I switch to another protocol it is zero.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jun 2018 18:56 by xfapv.

More
09 Jun 2018 19:02 - 09 Jun 2018 19:05 #69596 by xfapv
I also tested various connections between the devo and the crossfire module. The combinations are:

Devo12S connected to crossfire module
TX (pin header) to pin 3 (trainer tip)
TX (pin header) to pin 5 (CRSF input as shown in "Futaba custom cable" by TBS)
tip (trainer port) to pin 3 (trainer tip)
tip (trainer port) to pin 5 (CRSF input as shown in "Futaba custom cable" by TBS)

in total 4 possible wirings. Long story short: none works ("RC input: no signal")
Last edit: 09 Jun 2018 19:05 by xfapv.

More
11 Jun 2018 02:23 - 11 Jun 2018 03:02 #69604 by hexfet
That does look a mess. The same trace appearing at different vertical locations typically indicates a poor ground connection. What signal is there looks to be about 13KHz which doesn't correspond to anything in CRSF. From these pics it seems the problem is there's no CRSF signal at all.

Which input on the scope is being used? The coupling should be DC but looks like channel A is set for AC. The CRSF signal is just a couple volts so a good scale would be 0.5. This can be affected by the probe being used so check if it has a multiplier. If you connect the probe input to the input ground there should be a flat line across the screen. Adjust its position to near the bottom.

The signal should look something like the attached screenshots though these are from an oscope a generation newer :) The output is from t8sg plus trainer port tx pin referenced to trainer port ground. One shows the 4ms interval between data packets. The other shows the 2.5us bit time within a packet. It might be easier to scope the SBUS output which is a quarter the speed of CRSF.

The signal won't be on the trainer port on a 12. Check the RX pin header just in case the labels are swapped.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jun 2018 03:02 by hexfet.

More
12 Jun 2018 00:11 #69613 by xfapv
thanks for your reply. Now I know what to search for. I will try to get access to a better osci.

More
03 Aug 2018 19:36 #70060 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
@Hexfet sorry for delays wanted totest before, anyway I have wired up 3.5mm jack to my U7E and connected to an Ominbus F4, the Rx3 input, wanted to try your Sbus out from deviation, but I can't find the test build it is not available.

More
03 Aug 2018 20:36 #70063 by hexfet
The SBUS protocol is in the protocol_crsf test build.

More
04 Aug 2018 14:57 #70093 by Fernandez
Hi Hexfet, sad to tell but it doesn't seem towork.
Do you address the right output pin?
I have loaded devo-7e Ultimate and connected the ppm output pin and gnd, 3.5mm ext port to Rx3 pin of Omnibus F4. (not inverted)

I tried to set in deviation 1-8-16 channel, but did not see the bars moving in betaflight configurator.

More
04 Aug 2018 20:25 #70100 by hexfet
It's the same output pin that's used for PPM. If you have a way to test PPM output with the same cable that would verify the hardware connection.

Do you have the UART5 mod on your U7E? If so please try with it disabled in the ini file.

Do you have a way to check the SBUS output without the FC? An FTDI device or logic analyzer?

More
05 Aug 2018 19:44 - 05 Aug 2018 19:51 #70120 by Fernandez
Wow Thanks Hexfet, Sbus works!! You can add to the nightlys.

I did wire up the middle pin,stereo 3.5mm accidentally...
I have also UART5, soldered up and enabled in ini, it is for VOICE MP3, but no issue.

I only tested setup 8ch and all channels work perfectly. With channel at 100% scale, 1000 midpoint at 0 endpoint at 2000.
After selecting SBUS, you must press re-init, to enable.
But at power on S-Bus out comes up perfectly.

So this should work for Qzek LRS, instead of PPM or ( PXX ).

(If anyone want to test, just connect the Sbus output from the PPM pin at the back of DEVO and connect to Rx pin uart at flight controller (no inversion, so not take Sbus input pin at flight controller)
Last edit: 05 Aug 2018 19:51 by Fernandez.

More
05 Aug 2018 22:33 #70123 by hexfet
Good to hear you got it working. (It's usually the cable :)

Forgot to mention the ground also must be connected from the tx to the fc.

More
27 Aug 2018 18:26 #70480 by hexfet
The CRSF (Crossfire) and SBUS protocols will be included in the next nightly build.

More
28 Aug 2018 00:26 #70489 by brycej
Replied by brycej on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Hi Hexfet,
I went to try it out and it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Wired the top and bottom JR port pins together, and selected the csfr protocol. I scoped the top pin and don't seem to have any data go across. Anything else I need to do for t8sg plus?

More
28 Aug 2018 01:20 #70491 by brycej
Not sure exactly what I did, but I can see the signal now. Might have changed it from 8 channels to 16? Or started a new model.

I don't yet see the RC changing in betaflight yet. I did have it bound and working previously on a Taranis.

More
28 Aug 2018 01:48 - 28 Aug 2018 01:48 #70492 by hexfet
Thanks for testing!

After choosing CRSF protocol the Re-Init needs to be clicked, or a power cycle would do the same thing. I put the latest nightly on my t8sg plus and the CRSF output looks good for timing and voltages.

You have the Micro TX module? Looks like it does not have the external display. Can you connect to it through the USB port while it's active, and see an "RC Input" status is available similar to the external display on the full module?

Does the Micro TX work as expected if the protocol is set to PPM?
Last edit: 28 Aug 2018 01:48 by hexfet.

More
28 Aug 2018 02:26 #70493 by brycej
No problem! Just got the crossfire so I am new at setting it up. Yes I got the micro TX.

I connected to the USB and opened the TBS agent but I don't see any RC input options.

Tried PPM and that works well. So at least the TX to RX link seems to be working.

I got a scope and other test equipment if you needed me to grab any data.
Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2018 03:52 #70495 by hexfet
From your pic and testing on my t8sg plus it looks like the signal timing is correct. Are there any shorter pulses between the 650us duration pulses?

If you have a Taranis it would be great to get some captures of the data sent by the Taranis to the Micro TX when it's powered on. This would be on the top pin of the JR bay. Can the Rigol decode a serial bit stream? If not a logic analyzer or FTDI would work.

More
28 Aug 2018 14:04 #70504 by brycej
Hi Hexfet,

I captured a couple 10 sec logic analyzer traces here: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PfZe9CNt...5MnNi71j?usp=sharing

Should be able to open those in saleae logic and view them. Or else there is a decoded serial csv for one as well. I could grab a Rigol capture as well, I do have serial decoding on there.

Bryce

More
28 Aug 2018 16:24 #70506 by reednoel4u
Replied by reednoel4u on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Dear all,
I using QCZEK LRS with ppm Devo10 out ppm, but so delay ( please see video attached : drive.google.com/open?id=1d66Rs4BLK-y7krPFQCy2w8S8eV6td9nJ )
I want using sbus, but don't know wiring Devo10 pin out sbus wiring to aux of Lora.
Please help me with many thanks.
Best regards
Reed.

More
28 Aug 2018 16:52 #70508 by hexfet
The SBUS output is on the trainer port connector. The outer ring is ground and tip is the SBUS signal. It is not inverted.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds