Guide for new protocol development- Is there any?

More
04 Apr 2018 17:51 #68505 by techboycr
Hi I am looking forward to develop support for Cabell V3 protocol, in order to use thes Nrf24 base DIY receiver:

github.com/soligen2010/RC_RX_CABELL_V3_FHSS

Deviation has s-FHSS support, but before digging into this and spend time figuring protocol dev by myself maybe someone has done or has a guide for newbies like me.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2018 01:34 #68511 by hexfet
That protocol is available in the DIY-Multiprotocol project . That file should be the starting point because the implementation is similar to deviation protocols, though the DIY project handles configuration and telemetry differently.

The best guide is to look at an existing protocol to get familiar with the implementation (pick one with a smaller file size). The main concerns are chip initialization, building packets, and the protocol state machine. The state machine is implemented in the callback function. The interface to the rest of the code is in the <protocol>_cmds function usually located at the bottom of the protocol source file. This is a recent pull request that added a protocol and shows which files are affected.

Ask questions as needed :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds