Hitec protocol

More
03 Aug 2018 16:52 #70055 by planger
Hitec protocol was created by planger
The Hitec protocol is now almost reversed.
It is available on github in the new Multi version 1.2.0.23: github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotoco...col/Hitec_cc2500.ino

Details:
Hitec protocol is using the CC2500 RF component. It uses frequency adjustment like any CC2500 protocols (FrSky, SFHSS, Corona...)
Sub protocols are:
- Optima (All Optima RXs): the TX must be really close to the RX for the bind negociation to complete.
Telemetry: Optima RX supports full telemetry. Since I do not have any sensors (yet), I have only been able to identify the basic telemetry information: RX volt, TX RSSI and TX LQI.

- Minima (Minima/Micro/RED RXs): untested but should work...

Pascal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2018 22:35 #70124 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Hitec protocol
Thanks Pascal. I will take a look.

More
05 Aug 2018 23:07 #70127 by planger
Replied by planger on topic Hitec protocol
It's still WIP but Optima and Minima receivers work fine (bind and normal mode).
If you want to start to have a look that's ok, but there might be changes in the coming days depending on my findings.

Pascal

More
07 Aug 2018 02:14 #70145 by hexfet
Test build available here (d0a86bd). As Pascal said it's still in development - test reports welcome! Follow comments here.

More
07 Aug 2018 18:44 #70153 by planger
Latest push on github should now fully work including full telemetry.

More
08 Aug 2018 11:09 #70158 by planger
Strange... No one is interrested by this protocol... I thought since there is quite some inexpensive models using Hitec RED that people would be interrested...
Anyway always fun to do.
Pascal

More
09 Aug 2018 06:13 #70174 by Suter
Replied by Suter on topic Hitec protocol
I am very interested and grateful for your work here. I am as yet not ready to proceed, but intend too in dues course.

Thanks

Suter

More
09 Aug 2018 09:07 #70176 by planger
@hexfet
I've got multiple confirmations now that Hitec is fully working: Optima + full telemetry and Minima/Micro/RED.
You can check the latest code on my github.

Pascal

More
10 Aug 2018 04:13 #70194 by hexfet
Thanks Pascal. Should have time to pull in the changes next week.

More
11 Aug 2018 16:59 #70222 by hexfet
Test build is updated (094ae83). Updated with latest changes from DIY-Multimodule project.

More
15 Aug 2018 20:55 #70270 by sfrench808
Replied by sfrench808 on topic Hitec protocol
I'm new to this stuff and have updated my T8 but can't get my Hitec receivers to bind. My Optima 6 looks like it binds but there is no movement on any servos. Just wondering if there is something I am missing when I try to bind

More
16 Aug 2018 01:54 - 16 Aug 2018 01:58 #70273 by hexfet
Test build is updated (51221d7). I'd forgotten the bind dialog so it should be easier to tell now if bind is successful. This build also supports more telemetry values.

I don't have any Hitec equipment to test with and it's possible there are errors in porting Pascal's code. There is a protocol option to select between Optima and Minima receivers so be sure that's set correctly. Also there is this note in the DIY-MM documentation: "The TX must be close to the RX for the bind negotiation to complete successfully". And try changing Freq-Fine in steps of 10.

If it still won't bind I'll see what I can come up with for debugging.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2018 01:58 by hexfet.

More
16 Aug 2018 18:14 #70289 by sfrench808
Thanks for your update. I am still having trouble binding with either an Optima or Minima receiver. The Optima seems to bind the light goes from flashing red to steady red but the servo doesn't respond, and the Minima the light never changes color or stops blinking slowly. I don't see anywhere in Deviation to differentiate between the two receiver types. Thanks again for your help on this.

More
16 Aug 2018 21:57 #70292 by hexfet
Click on the protocol name in the model config page to access the protocol options. Set the format appropriately for the type of receiver. Change Freq-Fine in steps of 10 from -120 to +120 and try binding after each change. This setting compensates for crystal frequency differences among devices.

More
17 Aug 2018 03:37 #70298 by sfrench808
Thanks again. This seems to work, both types of receiver seem to bind, the LED changes to the proper color but I can't get any movement on my servo. I'll keep digging but if you have any ideas they will be greatly appreciated.

More
17 Aug 2018 07:01 - 17 Aug 2018 07:05 #70302 by planger
For Optima, the RX needs to be really close to the TX something like 50cm or less. An Optima bind will finish successfully if the bind window disappears within 1 or 2 sec. Note that the bind order should be: 1. put the RX in bind mode, 2. launch a bind from TX. The problem with Optima is that the RX LED does not reflect what's going on, inbind mode it stops blinking as soon as the communication starts but does not indicate that it successfully completed the bind dialog and in normal mode it's on all the time with a TX or not...
You won't have control over the servos for Optima and Minima unless you power cycle the RX. You don't need to power cycle the TX.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2018 07:05 by planger.

More
17 Aug 2018 14:18 #70304 by sfrench808
I did figure out the sequence, but when I cycle the RX I never get movement on the servo. I can bind the receivers to my Hitec Sport 6 but for some reason they wont bind to the T8SG. Does the fixed ID have any effect on the bind process. I tried the Freq=Fine idea and that didn't seem to have any effect either. I really appreciate all of the help you guys are giving me.

More
17 Aug 2018 20:03 #70310 by planger
@Hexfet, where is the source code? I might have quick look if I can spot something obvious...

More
17 Aug 2018 21:03 #70311 by hexfet
Source is here . My first guess is I'm not putting the correct values in the channels, but won't have time to check till Sunday.

sfrench, what channels are the servos on? Do you see the expected activity in the channel monitor screen when you move the sticks so we know the model mixers are good?

More
17 Aug 2018 22:25 #70313 by sfrench808
I only have a single servo, but I have tried it on all three of the channels. The movements are as expected while in the channel monitor screen, but there is no movement on the servo. When I try to bind with the minima receiver I have to have the Tx in binding mode then turn on the rx. I get all the appropriate lights in sequence, but when I cycle the rx it doesn't show that it is bound, and again there is no movement on the servo. The blue led flashes rapidly then goes solid, but when I cycle power the blue led blinks instead of being steady. Thanks again for all the help on this, it's pretty interesting.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds