PXX protocol

More
10 Dec 2018 17:40 #72041 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic PXX protocol
Sending the recorded s.port data into my t8sg plus (non-inverted) gives the expected result - the RSSI and battery voltage appear on the telemetry display. Fairly confident that will work now with R9M and inverter.

Adding a soft serial receiver to eliminate the need for the inverter looks feasible. But it requires reworking some existing code unrelated to PXX so will tackle that after the PXX protocol is merged.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2018 22:37 #72044 by hexfet
What voltage was powering the receiver when the s.port capture was made? The captured value indicates 4.45V I think. Not sure if it's the correct conversion.

More
12 Dec 2018 05:30 #72058 by hexfet
The protocol_pxx test build is updated (1b5744b). Added support for inverted serial s.port data. Tested with the captured data so it *should* work :)

With this build you should get RSSI and VOLT1 telemetry without using an inverter. Not sure the voltage scaling will be correct.

More
12 Dec 2018 13:00 #72062 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic PXX protocol
Thanks will try to check later, at the time it was USB powered to flight controller, flight controller powered to R9 receiver, so could be there is a diode and therefore I expect voltage to be correctly decoded.

More
14 Dec 2018 22:18 #72075 by Fernandez
Hi Hexfet

Failsave yes I can confirm that the mode "hold" and "nopulse" work as expected now.

Telemetry I do not see any data all 00 atallfield in telemetry monitor page.
Further I would like to mention there is bit of complexity in power levels EU and FCC and which mode work or don't work with telemetry.

So wanted to check if deviation deals with that correct, as we can set telemetry on/off and we have several powerlevels and fcc/eu all independantly.

Last thing minor thing but just strange, at boot channel 7&8 * shortly drop 1500 then 2000 just at power on of Tx. It could potentiall activate stuff unexpectedly.
Strangely the same model file but bind to Frsky X channel 7&8 work correct at start up.file is attached.
Attachments:

More
15 Dec 2018 01:54 - 15 Dec 2018 01:54 #72077 by hexfet
Thanks Fernandez. Good to hear the failsafe is sorted.

What build number was used for this testing?

Would you please capture the s.port data with FTDI again? Just to be certain that it is inverted.

Please test sending the previously captured data to your tx using the FTDI. I did this by setting FTDI TX to inverted, then using Realterm to send the captured data (converted to binary). Captured data converted to binary is attached. Set the repeat to 0 so it sends continuously. Check if RSSI and VOLT1 appear on the Telemetry test page.

I'm saving the channel 7/8 issue till the end :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Dec 2018 01:54 by hexfet.

More
15 Dec 2018 21:06 #72078 by Fernandez
I broadcasted your file and looping it in realterm to my FTDI, with inverted port settings,Tx 115200 8N1, but I get only black fields no data inside.

Just something I find settingFCC or EU etc, I do not need to rebind, so whateverI choose it works with same bind even after rebooting/repowering all. Could be it is possible to switch without rebin, insided this Flex firmwar, what I have installed at the R9

More
19 Dec 2018 21:26 #72089 by Fernandez
Hi Hexfet, not to push you but if needed I could do some more tests.

Basically even if telemetry not yet sorted, pxx should be flyable with the build. I could also make an inverter with a mosfet if it helps testing.

More
19 Dec 2018 21:41 - 19 Dec 2018 22:06 #72090 by hexfet
Thanks Fernandez. You might try an inverter but I don't think it would change the result. Sending the captured file with FTDI set to invert is the same test that I did, so I expect that to work. If it doesn't it would seem to indicate a difference between U7E (your tx) and T8+ (my tx). Looking for that now.

But there is a new test build (bb6c3ca). It includes several recent changes from the nightly builds. It also includes the TESTSER protocol. Please check if the loopback is working with the captured data file (set FTDI to non-inverted).

This version also needs a volunteer to test on a Devo12 (just normal operation, not PXX specifically). Incorporating the latest changes into this test build required changing the Devo12 memory configuration. Needs a test to make sure that doesn't cause any issues.

A new user sent me a PM saying they have the R9M module working in a T8SG Plus module bay. Asked about telemetry but haven't heard back yet.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2018 22:06 by hexfet.

More
19 Dec 2018 23:01 #72091 by Fernandez
I did your loop back test previously and that proved, the rx port, the 3.5mm cable and my U7E tx are basically ok.

Also R9M, certainly 100% it is inverted output.

So conclusion, I made mistake with replay over realterm or my FTDI, or the attached file here is wrong? Need to test once more.

More
21 Dec 2018 02:21 #72092 by hexfet
Yes, please try the loopback test again just to be sure. I've explored a couple ideas but haven't found any reason it shouldn't work on a U7E.

More
23 Dec 2018 18:08 - 23 Dec 2018 18:10 #72105 by 88milion
Replied by 88milion on topic PXX protocol
Hi guys, I am the "new user" ;)

Right now, after about 10 flights with my R9M + r9mm in quad I can tell that untill today everything you mentioned previously works perfectly except telemetry in jumper (v2 plus).

Or maybe I can't configure it correctly. Can you explain to me, step by step, how to do this properly?

.m

Edit: sorry for long time without answer -> work, Christmas and stuff ;)
Last edit: 23 Dec 2018 18:10 by 88milion. Reason: Forgot about one thing

More
23 Dec 2018 21:23 #72106 by hexfet
Telemetry should be on by default, though there is a protocol option to turn it off.

What version did you test with? If not the latest test build (bb6c3ca) please give that a try. With the receiver active the Transmitter config | Telemetry test page should have values in the first two fields.

I've tested on T8+ and devo10 by playing back the recorded data and it's working that way. Need to come up with some test code to help debug I think.

Fernandez, noticed above you mentioned broadcasting the recorded data at 115200bps. That test should be done at 57600bps (no parity, 8 data, 1 stop).

More
24 Dec 2018 00:00 #72108 by hexfet
New test build pxx_log (9bbf801) is available . This version saves the PXX telemetry data to the datalog.bin file. This test will determine if any data is being received at all on the input port.

Nothing to configure for this test. Just run the PXX protocol with the R9M linked to the receiver. About 10 seconds should be enough. The number on the top line of the Datalog screen should drop if data is being collected. After running a bit, put the transmitter in USB mode, copy the datalog.bin file, and post here.

There's a chance the tx will reset and/or power-off during the test depending on the telemetry data rate. The data will still be captured.

More
24 Dec 2018 10:13 #72110 by Fernandez
Ah will check that on my U7E Hexfet, baud rate set wrong could explain why the log replay not showed telemetry….

I got also TGSG Plus V2 ordered @11.11 for 69buck, couldn't resist....But first try get it work with U7E......

More
26 Dec 2018 22:25 - 27 Dec 2018 09:04 #72119 by Fernandez
Ok flashed U7Ewith latest testbuild 9bbf801
,connected R9M binded, telemetry on inEU,restart
No telemetry displayed intelemetry window, all black fields and zero.datalag fromU7E drive attached.

Same firmware, send datalog on repeat with realterm and inverted FTDI, 57000baud no data displayed.
Edit; Also tried sending sportlog realterm uninverted, but also no data for me displayed Tx

Some thing else:
I have been testing output powerusing field strength meter,sono hard but indication if power settings do change:
100uW: No measurable radiation from the antenna, probably PA has been switched,so just bare minimum
330uW-1mW-3mW-10mW all equal and a very little power power
30mW bit more power
100mW big step up inpower
150mW another big step up inpower

The R9M at boot up of Tx, power shortly at its highest power, than go to the set power level.
Bigger problem, when selecting another protocol or model, no pxx/ppm R9M, stays active always transmitting at highest powerlevel.
So once R9M is inside the T8SGbay and powered, it is transmitting.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Dec 2018 09:04 by Fernandez.

More
26 Dec 2018 23:07 - 26 Dec 2018 23:10 #72120 by hexfet
Don't see any file attached. You may need to put it in a zip file.

The four power levels supported by the R9M are selected in deviation by choosing 150mW (highest), 100mW, 30mW, and 10mW. Selecting 100uW puts the R9M in range test mode (same as selecting Range test from the menu). The R9M LEDs should change when you do that.
Last edit: 26 Dec 2018 23:10 by hexfet.

More
27 Dec 2018 09:15 #72127 by Fernandez
bin file was not supported had to zip it first…… But anyway it is all null...
Power levels seem to match that and can confirm implemetation works correct, inc rangecheck 100uW, which is bascally just rf leakage true, no antenna radiation.

A way to stop the R9M, is of interest, as currently you have to unplug it.

I like to get first success in replay a log using FTDI, can you once more confirm the firmware and settings to use? Do just need select PXX protocol, telemetry enabled and it should display telemetry from the FTDI?

More
27 Dec 2018 15:33 #72129 by hexfet
All null likely indicates no serial data is reaching the processor. On the Datalog page does the number on the top line stay at 16384? If so please try the loopback test again to be sure the connections are still good.

The pxx_log test build is updated (d87b33e). This version has the TESTSER protocol enabled. The PXX logging is updated to log errors if the serial framing is not right, which would indicate bad bit rate or something like that.

The R9M does not provide a way to turn it off through the protocol. The Frsky transmitters have software control over power to the module bay so they may have this ability.

Use either the pxx_log or protocol_pxx builds to test the playback. The log build is likely to reset the tx if the data is being received by the processor. Invert the TX pin on the FTDI device (my FTDI requires a power cycle after making the change). The serial settings are 57600bps, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit. If using realterm be sure to click Change after changing port settings. Send the data in the file SPort_R9M.bin. If the RX line is also connected the PXX data should be received on the PC as random data with errors. Just need to select the PXX protocol and the telemetry should appear on the telemetry test page.

More
01 Jan 2019 18:17 #72159 by EDU.WES
Replied by EDU.WES on topic PXX protocol
Newbie here...I’ve read through the thread but can someone summerize that to test this I can now just stick the R9 module in the Jumper T8SG v2 module bay and flash which code to it? Or do I need to wire up a harness yet?

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds