Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: bootloader)

• cody
12 Nov 2016 16:35 - 12 Nov 2016 19:37
Replied by cody on topic Porting Deviation to F3/F4 MCU, new LCD, etc

Porting Deviation to F3/F4 MCU, new LCD, etc

Category: Development

Looks like I was wrong. I think deviation crashes because the stack pointer is wrong(0x464C457C).
Does it rely on the bootloader to initialize the stack pointer?

Update: When manually setting the stack pointer I get to the point where disp_type is NULL because I have no display attached.
I think I have to connect those pins on the display:
VCC -> 3,3V
GND -> GND
DB[0-15] -> PD14, PD15, PD0, PD1, PE7, PE8, PE9, PE10, PE11, PE12, PE13, PE14, PE15, PD8, PD9, PD10
WR -> PD5
RD -> PD4
CS -> PD7
RS -> PD11??(alternate function FSMC_A16, dont know if that makes sense)

I am not sure for the RS pin, but it is the only one that is left.
Would be nice if anyone could comment, firs test did not work. disp_type is still NULL after Init().
  • SadSack
09 Nov 2016 11:11
Replied by SadSack on topic Porting Deviation to F3/F4 MCU, new LCD, etc

Hi.
That's root I took using arduino. You need to be sure your deviation is running. You don't need to make any changes to code for oled to run. Once running then adjust.
Check code for connections. Don't rely on the wiki for the correct connections it may be wrong. Button matrix is wrong on wiki.
Connect everything ...
Button matrix
Flash
Oled
USB - if you hold enter on boot can check codes running.
Use bootloader.

I'll try and get to my eagle files.
  • cody
07 Nov 2016 23:42 - 07 Nov 2016 23:55

So I flashed the bootloader but it does not start deviation. It keeps running at address 0x8002AB8.
Is there no source code for the bootloader?
Thanks for your help!

Edit:
I started deviation at the reset_handler function which looks right.
It then goes to powerdown after checking for the reset switch.
If I skip that it seems to reboot because of missing display I guess.
So I am on the right track now!
  • victzh
07 Nov 2016 21:48
Replied by victzh on topic Porting Deviation to F3/F4 MCU, new LCD, etc

I think you need a bootloader. Usually bootloader gets control first and if not instructed to upload firmware and some firmware is already installed it passes control to the firmware. So if you just flash the firmware, which is at 0x08004000 (Devo8 firmware is located at 0x08004000) there is no way it gets control properly.

You have bin files with bootloaders for every Devo at www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...nsmitter-bootloaders . You need to flash it at 0x08000000, the very beginning of flash ROM.
  • cody
04 Nov 2016 23:20

So I got the ILI9431 display and a STM32F103VET6 board.
First I am trying to flash the devo8.elf to the board.

But it does not boot at all, it looks like the startup code is missing?
Do I need a bootloader and if so how do I flash it?
Or can I just set the right entry point address with the debugger?
On reset execution starts at 0x10100 which does not look right at all.

Or maybe my approach is totally wrong?
  • jr128128
14 Oct 2016 02:32
Replied by jr128128 on topic Devo 8s to f210, inductrix, spektrum based plane

Devo 8s to f210, inductrix, spektrum based plane

Category: Model Configs

Firstly I wanted to thank you for getting back to me on the very beginning of my rc adventure!

It all started with me seeing a friend flying a DJI Phantom 4. That looked cool at first. Then I thought it would be too easy and be way too sterile for me. So I bought an inductrix and have not been able to stop flying it (that is now a tiny whoop that is on 5.8ghz and linked to goggle 4 the cats hate it. the dog wants some). I then bought an f210 with devo7 (:/ i didnt know any better on the devo 7 transmitter). This kit included the Walkera goggle 4. I like it very much even though people are saying its not very good.But what do i know. I started flying 6 weeks ago. The battery in the goggle 4 doesn't last long. So I purchased a 2s 5000mah battery and a xt60 to usb 5.0v cell phone adapter with voltage display that runs it for hours and hours! A little Velcro to hold the 2s 5000mah to the old battery housing and I can burn all 8 batteries on the f210 with out thinking about charging.

Sooooo... I am now on hold waiting for a vtx that I broke in an altercation with some asphalt.... But hey! 6 weeks of flying and I can navigate trees and laundry lines without destroying the quad totally. I haven't gotten off mode 2 (angle mode I think?) I am stocking up on parts as acro (rate) is going to start sooner than later.

So in comes the AMA club in WI. Great place to fly. Lots of space and only a few power lines to deal with as far as interference goes.They all fly Taranis and are all very capable pilots and builders. Some planes some drones.The plane guys are Spektrum and the drone guys are the Taranis. They however do not like Devo / Walkera. They say its junk. Im not so sure on that and none of them have ever owned a Walkera anything. I am totally impressed with the toughness of the f210. Its taken its lumps well. A few broken props, a broken vtx, and a cracked landing foot so far is all the damage from a few serious crashes.

My back ground is coming from racing motorcycles. I know what thrashing something means and drones get thrashed! Really really thrashed. I am a tool and die maker by trade. I can make most anything. I do all of our 30V 1A DC die protection systems at work. I know the technical aspect of building, soldering, reading / creating prints, etc. I however am not a programmer of computers. I think this will be a fun not work related hobby that I can waste lots of time on.

I have gone and downloaded deviation for the devo 8s (I am buying one when this email is over) firmware, emulator, bootloader, and dfuse tool. I am going to learn this. I am sure this will be difficult but i am a pretty persistent person. I hope the deviationtx community will not mind me asking what will I sure be interpreted as remedial level questions. I do promise to search before i ask!

Thanks again for the reply. I look forward to the challenge ahead!
  • victzh
13 Oct 2016 15:14
Replied by victzh on topic Replacement for the DEVO series for the future

Replacement for the DEVO series for the future

Category: General Discussions

Deviation hardware requirements are simple:
- STM32F103 (can be ported to other architecture, but more complicated) with more than 256K flash ROM
- SPI access to radio module
- graphical screen with more than 128x64 pixels
- external flash with more than 2Mbytes
- USB bootloader for ease of firmware update highly desirable
- soft power off highly desirable

We'll see does FS-i6X have it soon.
  • steadfast4life
29 Sep 2016 03:44
Replied by steadfast4life on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

I disassembled and reassembled the tx and the bootloader worked so I didn't have to reflash the bootloader. Thanks for your help. Everything is good again!
  • steadfast4life
24 Sep 2016 03:10

Great, thanks! I'll let you know how it turns out! BTW, your day job looks amazing!
  • Cereal_Killer
23 Sep 2016 23:54
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

No what you have is it. I've only done a u7e not a 10 so maybe the names are just a little off? I use the same 10-pin STLINK v2
  • steadfast4life
23 Sep 2016 18:52

Great! One more question. I've got the ST LINK V2 with 10 pins (RST, SWIM, GND, 3.3V, 5V, SWCLK, SWDIO, GND, 3.3V, 5V). do I need to buy a twenty pin ST Linker to get the additional connections?
  • Cereal_Killer
23 Sep 2016 13:10
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

I was looking for this thread for you last night glad you found it!

Yes it's the same process but the connections (while the same) will be in different locations and you may need to adjust the addressing.
  • steadfast4life
23 Sep 2016 01:30

Is this the same connections for the DEVO 10? Need to reflash my bootloader.
  • steadfast4life
23 Sep 2016 01:24
Replied by steadfast4life on topic Devo10 Flash Memory Content

Devo10 Flash Memory Content

Category: Feedback & Questions

I couldn't see how your wires were connected to the Devo 10 and ST Linker V2. Could you please share your connections. I have no bootloader on a dead devo 10.
  • steadfast4life
23 Sep 2016 01:17
Replied by steadfast4life on topic Devo 10 bricked cuz Im a moron

Devo 10 bricked cuz Im a moron

Could someone tell me how to reflash the bootloader? My Devo 10 is worthless until i can get it fixed and my models are gathering dust. Please help!
  • steadfast4life
22 Sep 2016 19:31
Replied by steadfast4life on topic Deviation firmware F12E

Deviation firmware F12E

I have a DEvo 10 with possible fried bootloader. Which jumpers should I short to boot into the serial bootloader?
  • Cereal_Killer
21 Sep 2016 13:35
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 10 bricked cuz Im a moron

Good news is it's not bricked in the sense it can't be recovered so that's a weight off you..

You'll need to reload the bootloader using an STLINK or st tools JTAG programmer (Chineese STLINK v2 is under $5 on ebay)
  • steadfast4life
21 Sep 2016 12:32
Replied by steadfast4life on topic Problem binding Flysky with Devo 10

Problem binding Flysky with Devo 10

Thanks for your replies. I think I figured out the problem. After uploading FW, I didn't reassign the modules to A13 and A14. But unfortunately I think I bricked it by accidentally interupting a FW downgrade. Now I have to attempt to flash the bootloader. Thanks again for helping.
  • steadfast4life
21 Sep 2016 03:01
Replied by steadfast4life on topic Dead Devo 10 flashing...

Dead Devo 10 flashing...

I have the same situation except I'm the moron with the firmware fail. I have a st link v2. Could you please explain to me how to use it to flash the bootloader in my devo 10?
  • steadfast4life
20 Sep 2016 23:56
Devo 10 bricked cuz Im a moron was created by steadfast4life

I tried to upgrade firmware today to the latest nightly and a few seconds into the upgrade using deviation uploader I, for some reason beyond my comprehension, pressed cancel. I followed that up with, "NO NO NO NO." my fears materialized as I cannot even turn on my devo 10. No bootloader, no usb, nothing, no screen blips or any sign of power. I fully charged my battery to see if that was the issue but it wasnt. I have left the battery out of the unit unplugged for half a day now and it still wont turn on. Any advise or did I brick it?
Displaying 161 - 180 out of 542 results.
Time to create page: 1.070 seconds