What files do i need? No downloads from Walkera

More
28 Jul 2015 01:28 #36207 by Prop
Hi, the video states to go to Walkera.com to get update files. Walkera.com had no files to download for my Genius CP V2 nor the Devo 6S. I am confused on how to proceed. Can anyone help me???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2015 01:41 #36209 by RedSleds
Official Walkera downloads >>> walkera.com/en/upload/

Genius CP V2 >>> walkera.com/en/upload/helicopter/

Not sure, but think I saw somewhere that the 6s uses the 8s firmware? >>> walkera.com/en/upload/radio/

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
28 Jul 2015 01:54 #36212 by Prop
Thank you RedSleds, that is helpful.

How do I save my current settings so I do not lose them?

I use the 8S from Walkera and not the 8 from Deviation?
I did not see an 6S or 8S from Deviation.

More
28 Jul 2015 02:12 #36214 by RedSleds
DeviationTx is not the same thing as Walkera Devention. You would only use the Walkera files if you want to remain as a stock Walkera radio.

I'm not sure if you want DeviationTx, or Walkera Devention, what is your goal? You should be able to fly a Genius CP V2 on a stock DEVO radio, no need to get involved with DeviationTx at all.

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
28 Jul 2015 02:41 #36217 by Prop
You might have a point. I have 3 models, the MiniFlyer is an IR device so that will not work. The other is UDI U816 Quad Unsupported per the web site, it is a 2.4Ghz.

So the only reason I want to upgrade the firmware is to get the telemetry function the 6S supports.

What files do I need for this?
And will any upgrade version work. I am a bit confused as to what I need to accomplish this update.

More
28 Jul 2015 18:20 #36264 by mwm
What Devo Tx do you have now? If it's the Devo 6 (or 8), then the RF module doesn't have telemetry, and upgrading to deviation won't provide that. You need to replace the RF module with one of these www.banggood.com/Walkera-WK-DEVO-S-MOD-U...8S-12S-p-922596.html . This is about the simplest upgrade possible: open the tx, remove the screws holding the RF module in place and the ufl antennal, unplug the rf module, plug in the new one, plug in the antenna, and put all the screws back.

If you have a Devo 65 (or 8S) and aren't getting telemetry, then either the model you are flying doesn't have telemetry, or something is broken. Either way, switching to deviation probably won't fix things.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Jul 2015 21:57 #36272 by Prop
As I understand I need to update my Devo 6S tx to get telemetry from my genius Cp V2. It is not RF. that was one of my three models. What files do I need?

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds