HELP PLEASE

More
16 Sep 2015 12:36 #37804 by browneee
HELP PLEASE was created by browneee
Hi All,

I have a HEX HMF S550 with retractable landing gear, Hacked NAZA Lite able to use NAZA M V2 software, DEVO F12E Tx & DEVO 1202Rx.

The TX is from a downed Talli H500, so I copied the model setting and modified them (as far as my limited knowledge allows me) to suit the NAZA.

Im wondering if anyone can help me with a config setup.

i can get fail safes to extend gear if Tx is switched off. I can get the return to home and flight modes to work in NAZA. But i dont know how to set up gear to extend when return to home is activated via NAZA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2015 17:17 #37807 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic HELP PLEASE
had a similar problem with a APM quad and a 1202rx ...when tx signal is lost the APM automatically goes into return home mode but the 1202rx was delaying it up to 10secs before it would go to RTH...so what i did was set up fail safe in the tx settings to trigger the switch that i have RTL on...u should be able to do the same as long as you have the retracts on a switch...set the throttle failsafe to trigger that switch when signal is lost...

More
17 Sep 2015 00:40 #37811 by browneee
Replied by browneee on topic HELP PLEASE
Any suggestions how to programme it ?

Regards Rob

More
17 Sep 2015 01:47 #37812 by magic_marty
i looked at my settings and what i did was set the failsafe on the flight mode switch which has a RTL selection as one of the positions...so what you need to do is set the failsafe on the switch that u have the retracts on to ether + or - value ...depends on if you have that ch reversed or not....i used -29 as that is the pwm value that triggers RTL urs will be different for the retract switch i assume you probably have it set to full throw one for up and one for down...so probably need to set it to ether 100 or -100 and try it...

More
18 Sep 2015 13:44 - 18 Sep 2015 13:56 #37848 by browneee
Ok, I changed a few things around.

On the Rx:
  • "Gear" connects to "U" on the NAZA (gps/Atti/Fs) & uses "Mix" switch on Tx
  • "Aux3" connect to "X2 IOC" on the NAZA & uses "FMOD" switch on Tx
  • Landing gear connects directly to "RX Aux4" & uses "Gear" switch on Tx
  • "Aux5" connect to "X1" (gimbal) on NAZA & uses "Aux5" slider on Tx

If the Tx is switched off, Ive managed to get it into fail-safe & gear down. However If I switch from GPS to F/S in flight the gear will not extend... What could I be missing?...Should the gear be plugged connect to the NAZA instead of directly to the Rx ?...

ALSO... the Talli H500 had what i thought was a cool feature, orbit around a position. Is it possible to do some thing similar using the Devo F12E Tx , 1202Rx & Naza ?...

Rob
Last edit: 18 Sep 2015 13:56 by browneee. Reason: in complete

More
18 Sep 2015 16:51 #37851 by magic_marty
Beings you have the retracts set to the gear switch you should be able to set up a mixer to activate the gear switch when you flip the switch that goes from GPS to F/S ...

not sure about the orbit feature but i assume it was simply a flight mode set up in the Talli FC and probably had nothing to do with the F12E ....Apm boards has a flight mode called "Circle Mode" when activated the quad will circle at what rate and direction you set it to in the parameters using mission planner...

More
19 Sep 2015 09:16 #37878 by browneee
Sorry to be a pain the ass... How can I set up a mixer on the F12e ?

More
19 Sep 2015 09:27 #37882 by magic_marty
Are you running stock devention firmware or deviation?

More
19 Sep 2015 10:57 #37885 by browneee
Yeah stock software, only just found this site.

Was trying to read what it's all about.

Quick intro for dummies would be great

More
19 Sep 2015 11:46 #37886 by magic_marty
I haven't used the stock firmware in ages and can't remember how to set up a ch mix but from what i do remember you should be able to do you just gotta figure out how..maybe do some google searching will get you started....

Deviation is custom firmware that allows the devo transmitters to connect to multiple protocols like DSM2/DSMX among others...it also allows the user to do just about anything they want with the tx like mix any thing or assign channels to any switch or even trims can be used for switches...it is very powerful but has a bit of a steep learning curve but once you learn it the skies the limit ...

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds