|SOLVED| Devo F7 "flight switch" warning!

More
14 Nov 2015 15:14 - 15 Nov 2015 09:22 #40049 by YARIMbe
hi,

I'm currently having a configuration problem with it, and I'm wondering if you could help.
I changed my flight switch to the MIX switch, and by mistake I also set in to something other than normal, since then every time I turn it on I'm getting a message that says "Flight switch" warning followed by beeps.

I tried switching all the switches but nothing helped also tried upgrading a new firmware without success, I've seen on one video on youtube how he changes all his devo settings using the computer, wanted to know if it is possible for devo F7 too?
Last edit: 15 Nov 2015 09:22 by YARIMbe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2015 09:22 #40072 by YARIMbe
Replied by YARIMbe on topic |SOLVED| Devo F7 "flight switch" warning!
I have managed to solve the problem after a lot of reading and trying.
as I mentioned before the problem occurred when trying to change the "Flight mode" Switch with the "Mix" switch (Main Menu>Model Menu>Device Select>Flight Switch) as they both have 3 states 0,1,2
after doing so the controller restarted itself and showed the "Warning - Flight Switch" message, I tried switching every switch but with no success,
the message was still there and the remote didn't let me bypass it.

here's what worked for me:
1. Download the Nightly version for the Devo F7, and upgrade the .Dfu file Using the "Defuse USB Upgrade"
2. Turn on the transmitter while pressing 'ENT' button and the computer will then advise you to format the disk, accept the generous offer.
3.Turn off the device.
4.Turn it on with 'EXT' button pressed and connect the USB cable to the transmitter.
5.Open "Defuse USB Upgrade" and upgrade to the original DEVO F7 firmware.

Another method that might work (not tested):
Using "Defuse USB Upgrade" try to add the .bin file attached, it's the default config of the remote.

**Note**
The firmware file attached is for the 100mw version of the transmitter.
this should be it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.022 seconds