Walkera Aibao DEVO-F8E Transmitter Firmware Help

More
03 Jul 2017 18:14 #63264 by Jorma
Hello,
I am looking for help to return my controller to working status again,
I attempted to upgrade my DEVO-F8E Controller for the Walkera Aibao with a DEVO-8 build and the TX is getting stuck at Library upgrade stage and stays in Dfu mode when powering on.

Is there any way to take my TX back to stock or unbrick it somehow?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2017 18:40 #63266 by FDR
I suggest you to contact Walkera for the F8E firmware, and tell them, that you have accidentally upgraded it to the wrong firmware version...
They usually help.

However if they will send you the fw, please share it, because there might be others out there who might need it.

More
04 Jul 2017 22:32 #63295 by Jorma
Thanks for the advice FDR,
Walkera came through once again and provided the Firmware for the Walkera Aibao DEVO-F8E Version Transmitter

File Attachment:

File Name: DEVO-F8EFwv0.1.zip
File Size:28 KB
Let this be my donation to the forum!

Not sure if anyone can help with WIFI issues but,
my only issue now is that I cannot connect to the WIFI for FPV. When I attempt to connect via Tablet or Phone the Aiabao Ground 2776 SSID does not request a password any longer like before and the device repeatedly says obtaining IP address and continues attempting to reconnect to WIFI of the DEVO-F8E Transmitter with no luck.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Jorma
Attachments:

More
04 Jul 2017 22:38 #63296 by Jorma
Before attempting to upgrade the first time I logged into the WIFI on both the transmitter and receiver to see if I could set up a wider network and only decided to change the stock password of 1234567890 to something more discreet, and now I cannot log in the WIFI settings page i.e: 192.168.1.2 for Atheros. is there any way to factory reset the Atheros like you would home router or access point?

More
18 Oct 2017 16:49 #65107 by danq0

Jorma wrote: Before attempting to upgrade the first time I logged into the WIFI on both the transmitter and receiver to see if I could set up a wider network and only decided to change the stock password of 1234567890 to something more discreet, and now I cannot log in the WIFI settings page i.e: 192.168.1.2 for Atheros. is there any way to factory reset the Atheros like you would home router or access point?

did you ever find a solution for this?

i logged in to that address as well, and de-selected 5.8g... I didnt press save or anything... the next thing i knew my computer was connecting to my home network, and now i can not connect to the controller anymore

More
14 Dec 2017 03:10 #66493 by midnightcharger2
Replied by midnightcharger2 on topic Walkera Aibao DEVO-F8E Transmitter Firmware Help
Have an Aibao on my workbench from a friend. He made setting changes within the transmitter (evo-f8e) where now the aibao-ground_xxxx ssid is not transmitting. Tried to firmware reset as Jorma in this post supplied (thank you). My logic was that the firmware would overwrite any old bad settings. I can connect to the drone, but the ssid refuses to transmit. From advice he got, he was told to change a value in the Atheros wifi chip to "136". After that the aiobao-ground ssid disappeared. Just trying to get it all back to defaults, so I can work from there.

I do see aibao-air_xxxx though on an Iphone5.

Unrelated, but any info helpful. The drone itself cannot connect to the config software on my PC (win10 x64). Trying to do a complete factory re-install, as I am a betaflight guy, so Walkera's config software should be similar to figure out. This flight controller is a bit of a mystery for me. the drone can connect via USB but the config software refuses to communicate with the drone.

Any input would be helpful.
Frank Ryan Nagano City, Japan

More
21 Jan 2018 15:49 #67031 by Taormina
Did you get it fixed. Mine will not connect to remote. Just beeps

More
24 Jan 2018 06:38 #67104 by Ilya.Ruba
Replied by Ilya.Ruba on topic Walkera Aibao DEVO-F8E Transmitter Firmware Help
Hello!
How did you solve the problem?
We are suffering from Devo f8e

More
12 Mar 2018 07:19 #68020 by Dimarus
do not change your password! otherwise, you will either have to give to the service or find the wifi module on the drone to alter the cable, connect to the computer and manually register the ip

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds