Accidental Format Of Devo 10

More
10 Aug 2017 23:43 #63788 by jhaleschuk
Accidental Format Of Devo 10 was created by jhaleschuk
I accidentally formatted my demo 10 radio. I am just wondering where I might find some files or downloads to restore it or start from fresh. I was in the process of upgrading my firmware and lost everything. Yah I know, back-up back-up back-up!!
I found it a bit difficult to get the latest version 5 loaded. Really struggled with it to no avail then hit the format button by mistake. Any help would sure be appreciated. You can also email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with any suggestions.
Thanks Guys & Gals!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2017 00:09 #63831 by jhaleschuk
Replied by jhaleschuk on topic Accidental Format Of Devo 10
Okay, now my pc wont recognize my radio as a usb device. I keep getting the TMS ??? electronics version of the upgrade and have removed and reinstalled it a few times without success. I've used deviations upgrade tool as well as Walkera upgrade tool. Maybe I'm just plain stupid but what the heck am I missing. When I power up with the tx button on, I get the program mode on. When I power up with the ent mode pressed I see the USB symbol. If I just power up without pressing anything I get a blank screen on the TX. What the heck am I doing wrong? I know I am the problem as I am obviously missing a step or something somewhere. If anyone has the time,,,,That would be awesome!

More
17 Aug 2017 01:19 #63833 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Accidental Format Of Devo 10
It sounds like it's in DFU mode. So use the Walker DFUse tool (version 2.31, NOT version 3.05!!!), and see if that allows you to reflash your Devo. Also check to make sure you are flashing a zip file that looks like "deviation-devo10-v5.0.0.zip". If it has the "emu" in there, it's a PC emulator program. It is confusing that our Downloads page puts the emulators first without any guidance.

Let us know how it goes.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
17 Aug 2017 02:00 #63835 by jhaleschuk
Thanks so much for the quick response it's more than appreciated. I will eventually get my copter off the ground I'm sure. Will get at this again first thing in the morning. I Always appreciate the suggestions/ideas!! Have a good nite all!

More
17 Aug 2017 19:43 #63850 by jhaleschuk
Oh boy, now I'm frustrated. I have used the detention upgrade tool, the walker upgrade tool I have attempted to flash the tx with all sorts of file but nothing. I always have a screen on the upgrade tool that has greyed out options for upgrade so can't upgrade. I've used the whole variety of tools and the upgrade tool does not immediately identify my radio. I formatted the radio to fat 32 system, maybe thats my problem? I just can't seem to figure it out. Maybe I can call someone who knows what they are doing as it seems like I sure don't know whats going on. Thanks for letting me vent!!

More
17 Aug 2017 21:09 - 17 Aug 2017 21:10 #63851 by jhaleschuk
Just as an added piece of information, my PC recognizes my Devo 10 radio as an empty drive with drive letter and nothing else.
All other options are greyed out as far as the Walkera 2.31 upgrade tool with the exception of being able to select the file for upload. When I select the correct file it does suggest it has loaded properly but from that point on it will not do anything else.
Thanks again in advance. Maybe I will have a complete system for sale soon if I can't get this to work, What a shame that would be LOL!
Last edit: 17 Aug 2017 21:10 by jhaleschuk.

More
18 Aug 2017 00:06 - 18 Aug 2017 00:21 #63852 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Accidental Format Of Devo 10
We'll need a bit more detail. Please let us know the results of steps 1 through 4.
Start from TX powered off, USB NOT connected to the PC.
1) when you power on the TX what do you get on the screen? Power off
2) when you hold the EXT button then power on the TX what do you get? If you get a "Programming" screen, you are in DFU mode. Power off
If you are not able to go into DFU mode, then you can't proceed. I think it is likely the TX can be repaired, and while I personally haven't done one, I believe there are a few on this board who might be able to help.

If you were able to see DFU mode:
3) Plug the USB cable into the TX and into your PC. Hold down the EXT button then power on the TX. You should get a programming screen on the TX, and you should hear the USB tones on the PC.
4) If you have been able to get into DFU mode, then start Walkers DFuse v2.31 on the PC. Does the Devo 10 show up in the Available DFU Devices screen?
If you cannot see the Devo in the Available Devices screen, you may have a PC USB Driver problem.

5) If you see the Devo 10 in available devices, try to load the dfu file: Use the button with a "..." and navigate to the Deviation DFU called deviation-devo10-v5.0.0.zip and select it. It should load and the "Upgrade" button will be activated...does this happen?
6) At this point the operation should work like Tom Z's Video Tutorial. .

Let us know what you find.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 18 Aug 2017 00:21 by Deal57.

More
18 Aug 2017 19:34 #63862 by jhaleschuk
O MY GOSH,,,that was so simple. I have no idea how I can thank you for your patience in dealing with me. Your advice and tips were just the absolute best. For some reason I had it flashed already and only had to copy and paste the files to my TX. Here I was thinking it wasn't flashed all this time and it was. The upgrade went so smooth thanks to you.
I am very grateful for all your effort!! You guys are terrific!! Now just have to get someone up north here to teach me how to fly this copter. Its the Walkera V450D03 and I'm as excited as all get up for a 59 year old guy with a new toy!
Thanks again!!

More
19 Aug 2017 01:48 #63867 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Accidental Format Of Devo 10
Sounds like you got bit by what I did - If deviationTx can't find model files, etc. it just goes into USB mode with no complaints. That's really confusing.

Now I know that the USB stuff comes from Deviation, so if you're seeing that you've installed deviation, and the trick is to figure out why it's unhappy.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds