Dutch translation

More
25 Sep 2012 13:19 #1816 by j0bro
Dutch translation was created by j0bro
Hi there!

I own a Devo 10 for my V120D02S heli. I have the programming adapter and I am very interested in this project. Since I am no embedded C/C++ dev (I am a UI dev and can do Java/Android/HTML5 though!) I am more than willing to provide Dutch translation for your fans in the Netherlands and Belgium. I have more than average lingual capabilities and have done numerous UI translations before.

I would like to hear whether my help is appreciated and if yes, where to start :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2012 13:33 #1817 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Dutch translation
Thanks!

I suggest to download the latest emulator ( www.deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation...tion-emu-v1.1.0.zip/ ) and copy any of the language files in the filesystem/language directory as a starting point, and name it accordingly.
The first line is the name of the language (on that language).
There is lines started with a colon (":"), these are the english phrases you should translate, and every second line is their translation.
The encoding should be UTF-8.
Then you can try it in the emulator, and if it is ready, post it here and send a ticket about it: bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/issues/new

More
25 Sep 2012 21:46 - 25 Sep 2012 21:50 #1827 by j0bro
Replied by j0bro on topic Dutch translation
Alright, took my take at the language file for Dutch (NL):

File Attachment:

File Name: lang.dut.zip
File Size:2 KB

- Tested it in the emulator v1.1.0 and saw no issues regarding text overflows in dialogs, title bars and such
- Also translated the disabled items (prepended with a '>')
- Some labels are left in English, as they seem more common in Dutch, such as 'AIL', 'ELE', 'THR' etc. Our language and of course our R/C jargon is full of borrowed (english) terms, which seem more appropriate and recognizable.

Question: some English terms are not used consistently, like 'ENT' vs 'Ent'. Which ones are leading?
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Sep 2012 21:50 by j0bro.

More
01 Oct 2012 07:55 #1899 by j0bro
Hey guys,
Has my translation been of any use yet? Would like to hear from you, thanks!

More
01 Oct 2012 09:01 #1901 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Dutch translation

j0bro wrote: Hey guys,
Has my translation been of any use yet? Would like to hear from you, thanks!

Yes, it is now included in the source project, and the next releases will contain it.
Thank you!

However the language files need to be updated regularly, because the firmware is still changing a lot.
We hope you can help us to keep the translation up to date. We really appreciate that!

More
01 Oct 2012 09:29 #1902 by j0bro
By all means, I am glad to maintain the i18n changes. A professional software engineer myself, I fully understand what build release cycles mean, so I will keep an eye on the forum to see what changes are there to make.

More
27 Sep 2013 06:06 #14089 by EduardS
Replied by EduardS on topic Dutch translation

j0bro wrote: By all means, I am glad to maintain the i18n changes. A professional software engineer myself, I fully understand what build release cycles mean, so I will keep an eye on the forum to see what changes are there to make.

Thanks for your Dutch translation!

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds