Devo 12s full screen v3.0

More
12 Jun 2013 18:18 #10864 by Kdean
Devo 12s full screen v3.0 was created by Kdean
I've been following the builds for a while and watching the development of the devo 12 GUI. I am still unable to boot up the emu successfully so i'm not able to review the nightly builds as i would have liked to.

I have been using my devo 12s with v3.0 installed but the GUI is still only the size of the 8s screen. I want to start setting up more of my helis into my devo, but would much rather have the full use of the screen before i do so. The devo12 file system is different than the devo8 and i'm not sure i will be able to safely transfer my models. I've read the instructions and it seems easy to do, but i cant even get the emu to work so i dont want to get stuck with model transfers not working. I have not even connected my devo 12 to the computer through usb due to not wanting to do something wrong and messing the whole thing up.

My question is, is there a devo12 full screen GUI deviation firmware that is stable enough to use in my tx? I will be flying 600 sized helis and i need to have total confidence that the firmware will not cause any reboot type events during a flight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
12 Jun 2013 19:20 #10868 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
Kdean,
I am working at the Devo12 GUI as you can see in another thread ( http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/1819-devo12-wide-screen-configurable-gui-intermediate?start=120#10853 ). But it will need some time to make the implementation complete, due to a lack of time caused by family affairs actually. PB has written down some new ideas which I did not have on my todo-list so it could even take longer.

I am quite confident that my code will not lead to tx crashes on the main page (while flying), but the configuration page is still under construction.

More
13 Jun 2013 03:07 #10885 by adabman
Replied by adabman on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
I just got the 12S about 3 weeks ago, put the regular version 3 deviation software on, and didn't like the small screen use. Found rbe2012's 12S widescreen build and have been using it ever since and following his thread.

So, I Have been using rbe2012's 12S widescreen builds over the past few weeks. Have logged a few hours of flight time on a Blade 130x(stock Spektrum receiver, DSMX), and a few hours on a DJI Phantom quad (I added RX1202,Devo telemetry:1 temp sensor for each motor, main LiPo voltage, and WK-GPS).

Everything has gone smoothly for me :)

Zero issues with the software freezing, locking up, rebooting, etc.

I Also have a Blade 450 3D I haven't flown with my 12S yet, only because i haven't had time to set it up yet. So far though I feel confident in the platform.

PS PB,rbe2012, and the rest of the contributors .. many thanks for your work!

Deviation :) 1 TX to rule them all...

More
13 Jun 2013 03:22 #10887 by adabman
About the emu, forum user ave1 mentioned in the EMU thread that if you email him, he will send you a zip file you can just extract and start using the EMU without any trouble. His zip file worked for me. (Thanks ave1!)

See:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...o-use?start=40#10726

More
13 Jun 2013 03:33 - 13 Jun 2013 03:36 #10888 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
I did send him my email but i guess gmail has a byte limit because he could not send it to me.

Can you post a link to the rbe version you are using on your 12s, and please explain any special steps needed to load it into the tx.

I just hooked up my tx to the cpu for the first time, just to see whats in the usb section. It has a regular file system but i dont see my models in there. Just generic "model1" etc...

Im trying to figure out how to save and backup my models but dont see them in usb mode????

The manual is not that clear to me, when it comes to the difference between working with the devo8 or devo12. It may be time to release a seperate manual for the 12s....

I dont have internet on my hp mini, so i have to do all my downloading at work. This is very frustrating.
Last edit: 13 Jun 2013 03:36 by Kdean.

More
13 Jun 2013 04:09 #10890 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0

Kdean wrote: I just hooked up my tx to the cpu for the first time, just to see whats in the usb section. It has a regular file system but i dont see my models in there. Just generic "model1" etc...

Model files are always named like modelX.ini whether they are empty or already saved ones. This is the naming convention deviation uses...

More
13 Jun 2013 04:18 #10891 by Kdean
So my trex450 that is the fourth model in my list will be shown as model4.ini in the file list?

This may make things complicated when i need save and orginize, or to load certain models without overwriting others.

More
13 Jun 2013 04:20 #10893 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
Yep, it needs attention.

More
13 Jun 2013 04:34 #10894 by adabman
I was able to get the email emu .zip file from ave1. I will post a link for you (I am hoping this is OK, ALL credit to ava1 for the zip file)
sdrv.ms/13DnIn6

I am using the current version found on rbe2012's repo:
bitbucket.org/rbe2012/deviation-rbe-emu_devo12/downloads
CC895A

There is no special install steps, just the normal nay to install to Devo 12S.

About the model1, model2, etc .. these ARE your model files. If you copy the entire model folder to your PC, and then start looking in the files, you will see the names of the models etc. You will have a backup at the same time.

More
13 Jun 2013 05:07 #10895 by Kdean
Thanks, i'll do my downloading tomorrow and give it a try tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes.

More
13 Jun 2013 05:10 - 13 Jun 2013 05:15 #10896 by Kdean
Which file do i download? There are a few with cc895a on it...

I assume its the two at the bottom of the list.

I might need a walk through of the update procedure. I still dont know what elf files are used for.

I feel like such a noob when it comes to this stuff.
Last edit: 13 Jun 2013 05:15 by Kdean.

More
13 Jun 2013 05:22 #10897 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
.elf file with errors.txt from root of filesystem used for error reports.

More
13 Jun 2013 05:33 #10902 by adabman
Its been a few days, and iv only done it a few times. I am very new to all of this also. I think I used these files:

Step 1, make sure you havebackup of your models!
Then:
Upgrade using: devo12.dfu
Upgrade LIB using: devo12-lib.dfu
then inside this zip: deviation-fs-devo12-v3.0.0-cc895a.zip
copy the contents of the "filesystem" folder to the USB filesystem

Hope it helps

More
13 Jun 2013 05:38 #10903 by Kdean
Thanks, we'll see how it goes.

More
13 Jun 2013 05:41 #10904 by adabman
Good luck!

More
13 Jun 2013 22:47 #10938 by Kdean
So far I've got the emu working, thanks to ava1 and adabman. This version feels easy enough to get things where i need them.

I will try to flash the tx tonight and get some real world feed back to you.

More
14 Jun 2013 15:43 #10958 by Kdean
I was doing some final tests of the cc895a on the EMU last night, and found a problem when I tried to place two (left to right) bar boxes on the display. I could get two of them to fit at one point, but after trying to change one of the boxes to different channels it would not save or display the box anymore. It could be a problem only on the emu, but i did not go ahead with the tx flash until i sort out whats happening.

I like this way of setting up the GUI and dont see any problems as far as that is concerned. If there are improvements, like drop down menus, I will be interesting to see if that improves the set up procedure.

I've attached some pics to help explain my problem...

this is what i was able to get on the screen before trying to add other channels to the other box.

editing the box to show ch 5 - 8

what happens when i try to save it
Attachments:

More
14 Jun 2013 15:47 #10959 by Kdean
i know the "developers" are busy working on the next version, I dont want to disturb that process, so I'm hopeing adabman or someone with a 12s loaded with cc895a can try it on their tx and tell me if it works.

More
14 Jun 2013 15:54 - 14 Jun 2013 16:01 #10961 by Kdean
a question......

1) Will removing un-needed models, languages, and other media that i dont need or use make space for other things like custom model icons, a better background image, custom toggles, etc?

I think the program needs some "sexy".

(take a look at the futaba 18mz screen)

2) Could removeing unwanted media, models, etc boost the performance of the tx?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jun 2013 16:01 by Kdean.

More
14 Jun 2013 16:18 #10962 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
There is lots of room on the 12S for new icons, and the entire display is themeable, meaning you can change virtually every font, color, image, and icon
so there is no need to remove anything, someone just needs to spend the time to generate a new theme. The icon sizes are currently fixed, though we may change thatat some point for the devo12.
Removing things from the filesystem will not improve performance or stability.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds