Devo 12s full screen v3.0

More
16 Jun 2013 05:49 #11006 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
Can anyone confirm that all bars will work on 12s display when cc895a is loaded into tx?

I can not get more than 1 (left....right) boxes, programed to more than 4 channels, on the screen in the emu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2013 17:37 #11127 by adabman
Replied by adabman on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
Sorry, been away for a few days. I still have cc895a loaded, and can confirm that only 1 left..right box works at a time. Also the same with the horizontal..Vertical box. Only 1 at a time. If you try to use more than 1 of these "widgets" .. it will always show NONE as a source.

Deviation :) 1 TX to rule them all...

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
20 Jun 2013 06:02 - 20 Jun 2013 06:07 #11158 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
There are 2 crosses ("horizontal-vertical box") and 3 bar boxes ("left-right boxes") allowed and they work well.

But when you create them the sources are set to "None" so they do not display / change values. You have to long-press the box in the config screen to change between the action buttons and the property fields where you can set the sources.

Don't spend too much time on this build - it will probably be the last one from me which was more or less working. Please use PB's wide screen build instead because this will be the one integrated in the next release.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2013 06:07 by rbe2012.

More
20 Jun 2013 18:36 #11170 by adabman
Yes, they do work well, but only when you use 1 of each type. When you add a second ("horizontal-vertical box") and assign sources, then save, the sources revert to NONE. Look at KDeans pix up a few posts and you will see.

I built PBs newgui, but there is issues. It is not ready yet. I will stick with your build for a while since it has been working great. Thanks!

• rbe2012
More
20 Jun 2013 20:09 #11174 by rbe2012
It's also ok if you use 2 equal (2 crosses OR 2 bar boxes) - seems to be a problem with the number of elements.

But as said above I will not spend much time with this - please be patient until PBs work is done.

More
21 Jun 2013 04:56 #11177 by Kdean
Ok, here is a late night brain storming question that i have trying to get a good 12s GUI to demo at my event this weekend.

If i load rde's cc895a firmware into my 12s and get that running, is it possible to do a model setup including the gui in pb's present emu and transfer that into the rde filesystem?

I figure there will be the " allowed widgets " restriction, but will the layout remain the same, and work, in a different dfu?

Maybe, just use pb's file system with rde's firmware?

Will this work? Or will it crash my 12s?

More
21 Jun 2013 05:14 #11178 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 12s full screen v3.0
I think it wont work, but you can try it with the two emulator...

• rbe2012
More
21 Jun 2013 09:09 #11195 by rbe2012
It will not crash, but it will not work. You will only see the "very old gui" data transferred to the gui you choose (PBs or mine).
We both use new sections in the model.ini to place our screen config information but we use different sections (PB separates additionally for the two resolutions 320x... and 480x...).

• rbe2012
More
21 Jun 2013 18:41 - 21 Jun 2013 18:57 #11217 by rbe2012

adabman wrote: Yes, they do work well, but only when you use 1 of each type. When you add a second ("horizontal-vertical box") and assign sources, then save, the sources revert to NONE. Look at KDeans pix up a few posts and you will see...

I tested this again. Version cc895a works fine while the last emulator I have uploaded (7e80a0) has some issues. If you want to test further I recommend to use the cc895a (files without any version belong to this too).

EDIT: tested more and found a bug: I can create two bar boxes and change the new bar's sources but if I try to change the 2nd box sources they are not saved. I am sorry...
Last edit: 21 Jun 2013 18:57 by rbe2012.

More
21 Jun 2013 18:51 #11219 by adabman
cc895a is what i use for my daily flying. It is in this version where I cant add a (functional) second horizontal..Vertical box or a second left..right box. I dont really need them tho, just tried it for Kdean, who is trying to get a nice demo for his upcoming event.

• rbe2012
More
21 Jun 2013 18:59 #11220 by rbe2012

adabman wrote: cc895a is what i use for my daily flying. It is in this version where I cant add a (functional) second horizontal..Vertical box or a second left..right box. I dont really need them tho, just tried it for Kdean, who is trying to get a nice demo for his upcoming event.

I am sorry, it will take too much time to get this version ready or at least error free and I actually do not have this time.

More
21 Jun 2013 23:21 #11232 by Kdean
I went ahead and loaded cc895a on my 12s. I had some problems getting the dfu loader to work on my windows 7 hp mini, but after playing with it for awhile i found the driver i needed to make it work. I was a little scared after the upgrade when the touch screen would not work, but it just needed to be recalibrated.

Everthing is good now, except i have to re build my models in it, but that will give me a chance to get used to using the firmware in the actual device. The emu can make you lazy.... :)

Thanks to rbe for his work on getting this out, and i understand you not wanting to develop it any further.

More
23 Jun 2013 05:44 #11240 by Kdean
Did the event, everything went well. I had the kids checking their temperature with the telemetry system. I did experience one re-start while setting up the gui, and it did switch models once when i turned it off. I'll continue testing with a walkera v400d02 non devo version for a while, but cant wait to get the telemetry system in my big 600 size scale MD500 and see how it goes.

Thank you guys for all your help and great work.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds