Dfuse - Unable to find devention device... Bad fir

More
07 Aug 2013 07:33 #12802 by ixlix
Sorry if this has been posted before but i searched and none seemed to have this problem. I have a 7E im trying to upgrade.

Im running Win8 64 and have only got the v1.41 of Dfuse to open up. When i plug in the tx windows chimes to say its recognized and ive updated it to the driver that included with dfuse. When i open Dfuse, it seems to recognise the STM Device in DFU at the top and displays the vendor id etc of the tx. However the upgrade button is greyed out and in red at the bottom it says "Unable to find devention device... Bad firmware."

Any tips to get past this issue?

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2013 07:44 #12804 by sbstnp
Can you upload a screenshot?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
07 Aug 2013 08:59 #12806 by FDR
The v1.41 doesn't support the DEVO 7E, it appeared first in the v1.5

More
07 Aug 2013 11:24 #12807 by ixlix
Ahh, that would probably be it then. I cant seem to get 1.5 or above to work on win 8 64 even by changing the compatibility.

I will keep trying.

More
07 Aug 2013 12:29 #12809 by ixlix
Okay got the 1.5 version to work by removing my keyboard usb! All flashed to dev3.0 now.

Is it normal for the tx to make some little noises once its flashed? It almost sound slike a computer hard drive thinking.

I took the rf shield off with the intention of doing the diode shorting to get greater range but fk me that think is small, and im not a good enough solderer to do it. Didnt want to short either of the very close diodes. Of course it couldnt have been one of the bigger ones thats out in the open a bit more could it!

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
07 Aug 2013 14:55 #12814 by rbe2012
The diode must be shortened - does not matter if it stays on the board or not. So you could use something what is called "Leitlack" in German - a liquid color containing metal parts which will make an electrical connection when dried. You just have to draw a line between both ends of the diode.

More
08 Aug 2013 02:02 #12827 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Dfuse - Unable to find devention device... Bad fir
I use 'rear-window defroster' fixer. You get a tiny little bottle from the automotive store for like $13US, but it does the job.

More
08 Aug 2013 07:26 - 08 Aug 2013 07:27 #12834 by ixlix
would "Silver Conductive Wire Glue" from ebay be similar?
Last edit: 08 Aug 2013 07:27 by ixlix.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
08 Aug 2013 09:10 #12836 by rbe2012
Looks as if it should work, but I have no experiences with this.

More
08 Aug 2013 12:39 #12843 by ixlix
So after playing around with the tx i noticed that on the screen it says under the battery voltage "150 mW", now is that standard on the 7e or have i managed somehow to actually do the mod? I havent adjusted the tx.ini as i didnt think it worked and i aborted my attempt. I did get a tiny ball of solder on an adjacent diode but i checked and it didnt look like t bridged to the other end. Hmmm.

More
08 Aug 2013 13:02 #12844 by FDR
No the fw can't know about the diode mod, you have to tell him by editing the tx.ini file.
Without a power amp the RF chip is have to be configured to use the max power, which would be the 150mW option if there was a power amp...

More
08 Aug 2013 14:54 #12846 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Dfuse - Unable to find devention device... Bad fir

ixlix wrote: would "Silver Conductive Wire Glue" from ebay be similar?

The stuff in a syringe is probably fine, but ships from China (which may or may not be an issue depending on where you are)
The stuff in a jar is basically graphite powder in a binder, and tends to shrink when it dries (though for this application it probably won't matter)

More
09 Aug 2013 04:56 #12857 by jason4207

ixlix wrote: So after playing around with the tx i noticed that on the screen it says under the battery voltage "150 mW", now is that standard on the 7e or have i managed somehow to actually do the mod? I havent adjusted the tx.ini as i didnt think it worked and i aborted my attempt. I did get a tiny ball of solder on an adjacent diode but i checked and it didnt look like t bridged to the other end. Hmmm.

Are you using the stock radio module or an added module when you see this? What are you flying?

What does your tx.ini file show?

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds