Devo10 3in1 connections

More
11 Jun 2017 19:52 #62934 by whirlybird
Devo10 3in1 connections was created by whirlybird
Hello everyone. This is my first post to the forums and I'd like to thank all of those who have been giving their time and talent to make such excellent TXs possible.

After many hours reading through the forums trying to fully understand the process, I think I've got it down fairly well, but the supported modules page doesn't list the connections for the 3in1 module. Can someone point me towards a definitive guide on connection points for the 3in1 in a devo10? Banggood had a lot of good info on the product page but I'm hesitant to trust that. There is also good info at the beginning of the "3in1 / 4in1 RF module" thread but that is a year and a half old.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2017 14:07 #62968 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo10 3in1 connections
The 4-in-1 is much better than the 3-in-1: it's easier to install (just plug it in and it works for the CYRF chip) and it only requires one antenna instead of two. So most people are using that instead, which is why you having troubles finding a definitive install guide for it. If you haven't bought one yet and can afford it, I'd really recommend the 4-in-1 over the 3-in-1.

That said, the 3-in-1 connects like a single RF module for everything but the CSN lines: Power, Ground, SCK, MISO and MOSI. Those connections can be found on the Wiki at www.deviationtx.com/wiki/rf_module_installation/devo8 .

The CSN lines connect just like the 4-in-1 module. Those can be found in the forum (link is in the 4-in-1 wiki page as well): www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...dule?start=940#55157

I suspect you may have found all this, as what your'e missing is the pin usage on the 3-in-1 module which isn't on the wiki. I think the best you can do here is follow the docs on the banggood page. If it works, please do us a favor and update the wiki modules page to include that information.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
13 Jun 2017 14:33 #62969 by whirlybird
Replied by whirlybird on topic Devo10 3in1 connections
Thanks mwm. I would take your advice and go with the 4in1 but I bought a 3in1 module about a year ago. I just haven't had time to tinker with this project until now.

I've cross referenced the connections specified on banggood with several other bits of information I've found throughout the forums, mainly several posts by dc59 in the 3in1 / 4in1 thread and the devo8 wiki page you linked. All references agree on the connection assignement including the CSN (cable select) from the 4in1 so I will use these.

I will update the 3in1 wiki after I verify everything works properly.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds